This thread was locked on 2014-01-18 08:49:34
Forums > Photography Talk > What Happened to BMAN (Michael Barian Photography)

Photographer

Indochine

Los Angeles, California, US

I used to see him around here all the time. There wasn't a model with a nice tush that would escape his eye (and comments, lol). Now his profile is gone, his website has vanished, there's no OMP profile any longer...

Anyone know what happened to this guy? I used to look forward to seeing the latest photos.

https://i28.tinypic.com/2ikusro.jpg

Mar 23 08 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

As many members that interacted with this guy here and no one knows anything???

Mar 23 08 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

he was kick out
too bad i loved him, he was
"the only GWC on MM with gutts" and fun to talk with
tb

Mar 23 08 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

Thanks BYS.

I guess that explains his disappearance HERE, but his disappearance from the internet in general and seemingly the world of photography is baffling.

This guy was so active here and OMP, and then "poof" He just disappears.

What's scarier is how easily a person's virtual existence can vanish and no one even cares or notices.

BYS wrote:
he was kick out
too bad i loved him, he was
"the only GWC on MM with gutts" and fun to talk with
tb

Mar 23 08 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Scaramanga wrote:
Thanks BYS.

I guess that explains his disappearance HERE, but his disappearance from the internet in general and seemingly the world of photography is baffling.

This guy was so active here and OMP, and then "poof" He just disappears.

What's scarier is how easily a person's virtual existence can vanish and no one even cares or notices.

Apparently, at least a couple of people here care and did notice. It's a big community,  and not everyone will admire the same folks that others do. There are a couple of photographers on here whose work and posts I liked (Eric S. and Steven Bigler), and I haven't seen either of them in a long, long time.

It is true, however, that it's odd that Barian's site vanished as well. Did something happen? Health issues? Legal issues? I hadn't noticed his absence until this post, but you have me wondering now...

Mar 23 08 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

Gabriel wrote:
Apparently, at least a couple of people here care and did notice. It's a big community,  and not everyone will admire the same folks that others do. There are a couple of photographers on here whose work and posts I liked (Eric S. and Steven Bigler), and I haven't seen either of them in a long, long time.

It is true, however, that it's odd that Barian's site vanished as well. Did something happen? Health issues? Legal issues? I hadn't noticed his absence until this post, but you have me wondering now...

Not only his site, but his OMP profile as well. It's darn near impossible to find one of Barian's photos on the net these days.

EDIT: I only had the one above because I had sent it to someone in an email.

Mar 23 08 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

The Zone

London, England, United Kingdom

Scaramanga wrote:

Same thing can be said for e-book, internet newspapers, youtube, etc.

Invest youself in the internet life and you may end up with no life.....

Your statement reminds me of 1950's communism, where people just disapeared and had their existence removed from photos and documents.   The digital age makes this all the more easy.  And...who controls the communication network we rely on more and more every day.

Be afraid, be very afraid -   Of course there are guys like me.....  But what is my agenda.....Ha!    Scared yet.....

Mar 23 08 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

FOF Inc wrote:
Same thing can be said for e-book, internet newspapers, youtube, etc.

Invest youself in the internet life and you may end up with no life.....

Truer words were never spoken.

Mar 23 08 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Blokel

Chicago, Illinois, US

Mar 23 08 05:45 pm Link

Model

Megan Fusako Gaines

ArtIsUgly - Tim Blokel wrote:
This him?

http://www.ujenatalent.com/masters/12076.html

I don't think so.

He contacted me a few times. Seems like nice guy.

Mar 23 08 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Eric Haywood

Scaramanga wrote:

I remember quite a fuss being made when he was booted from MM.

Mar 23 08 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Gabriel wrote:

If you mean the Eric I think you mean, I think he's still around.  He used to often post in the photo of the day thread.

Mr. Bigler, I think he was ejected for his exceptionally rude personal attack behavior in the forums.

Mar 23 08 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

NewLifeImages

Denver, Colorado, US

Sorry I don't know him but did a Google and found his website maybe:

http://www.moderncapturephotography.com … ntact.html

Mar 23 08 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Thought I would revive a dead thread smile  I worked with him last year on a site for a while.  He is doing fine and concentrating more on his art work now

Oct 31 12 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

photosbyNicholas

New York, New York, US

wanted to revive this since it's been a while.
   When I was on Mayhem the 1st time back in 2003 Mike was shooting some of the cooler kinda-sorta-erotic-lingerie and cool art nudes on the site,before everything was completely Photoshopped to death.
      Got to kick it with him a couple of times...cool guy.

Jan 17 14 01:49 pm Link