Forums > General Industry > A new "Options" or "Wilhelminia" snafu?

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

Just saw Fashionrock on Fuse. Obviously infomercial material. It's a new version of the old Options/Wilhelminia scheme (not the agency, the guys who rented the name till they were sued). There's a Web site, fashionrock.com. The bonus this time is that singers, dancers and others are included.

But the site already seems prepared for some bad press from contestants:

"Participant expressly agrees and represents that Participant is not acting in concert with, in agreement with or in connection with any member of the outside media. In consideration of the intellectual property rights of FASHION ROCK, as well as the privacy of others, FASHION ROCK retains the right to confiscate any unauthorized videotape or audiotape of any of the events or workshops. Participant agrees that Participant shall not make any derogatory, disparaging or negative comments or statements about FASHION ROCK. In the event Participant violates this provision and makes such statements, FASHION ROCK shall have the right to obtain injunctive relief prohibiting Participant from making any further such statements."

I'd love to be wrong, but all this sounds too darn familiar.

Jun 11 05 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Michael McGowan: 
I'd love to be wrong, but all this sounds too darn familiar.

..ever since there was a dream to be famous, there has been an element willing to exploit that dream for personal gain..not only are you probably correct in your assesment, but your observations probably spared some young talent from wasting thier cash...

Jun 11 05 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

But will the models, listen? Learn?

Jun 11 05 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Oliver Cole: 
But will the models, listen? Learn?

nope..not a one..how do you think these folks stay in business...i was being optimisitc...

Jun 11 05 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kirk

Asheville, North Carolina, US

No this IS from the same scam artists - Lou Perlman etc. ...  Been going on about 2 years now.

Jun 11 05 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

A quote from the owner of an agency: "They are smarmy.  Welcome to the wonderful world of model searches."

Apparently they've upgraded the treatment of agency executives, so some will actually show up at the searches. No telling whether it actually DOES anything.

Jun 12 05 07:31 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

I loe those talent searches....everyone trying to get famous with out the work............

Jun 12 05 11:41 am Link