Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Help! makeup and baby cant get it off.

Makeup Artist

Lorraine Andris

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

my friends child got into her revlon over stay lip color and now its all over her and she cant get it off..basically revlon told her good luck and try to use any oil based product. she has used multiple things and it wont budge and she has to go out with her daughter who has it all over her face and legs :x anyone have any suggestions?

Apr 08 08 01:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

TorontoMakeupArtist

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i was going to suggest baby oil because it's gentle for kids....

Better than rubbing alcohol anyways.

to clean my lip brushes because i find lipstick so difficult i use waterless fash cleansers, the Shoppers Drug Mart brand because it seems to get the lipstick off well.

good luck.

Apr 08 08 02:09 pm Link

Model

sephirot

El Cajon, California, US

Sorry to hear, well I am not sure if this will work, It works great to remove body paint....Abolene
http://www.body.com/designer/brand-1055148.html

GOod Luck.

Apr 08 08 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

how to remove lipstick from toddler.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 202AAHBOCM

Apr 08 08 02:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

una

Lja Artistry wrote:
my friends child got into her revlon over stay lip color and now its all over her and she cant get it off..basically revlon told her good luck and try to use any oil based product. she has used multiple things and it wont budge and she has to go out with her daughter who has it all over her face and legs :x anyone have any suggestions?

I use that for myself and I use L'oreal's oil based waterproof makeup remover.

Or you can try olive oil...thats what I use to deep clean my lip brushes.

Apr 08 08 09:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KatAragon

FAIRFAX STATION, Virginia, US

lol i'm sorry but this is kinda funny because it's not my kid but if it were i'd be pissed! i wish her good luck. i am now locking up my makeup kit so the girl's can't get into it. smile

Apr 08 08 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Daemon

West Hazleton, Pennsylvania, US

Shu Uemura High Performance cleansing oil takes off almost anything.

Apr 08 08 09:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Fiana

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I agree you better try baby oil.. better for the baby girl anyway
good luck

Apr 08 08 10:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

might sound crazy but the creamy foamy shaving cream the really cheep stuff removes almost everything....i use it when the blood product stain the skin.... it should be ok to use on the kids skin just use a baby moisturizer afterwards...

Apr 08 08 10:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Airbrush Wisconsin

LMOA!..I'm sorry too but this sounds so funny!..I bet it's too cute to see in real life!..My brother once took a tattoo from a fruit rollup that said "chewy" and stuck it to my 6 month old cousins forehead!..so cute, but yes..mom was pissed!..It'll be ok!..I'd just give it time and wash with mild soap!..It's not gonna stay 4ever!..But that revlon does stain 4 a min!...Baby will be fine and mother will just have to deal!..smile My little sis had gotten into some of my makeup and ruined bout $200 worth of stuff but seeing her sitting there with lipstick under her toenails was priceless!..But then again it did wash off with makeup remover & bath!..wink  Mild soap and water will work!..Otherwise use some makeup remover but I'd test a tiny area first!..Good luck with that!..smile

Apr 08 08 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Tell her to go to WalMart and buy their generic brand (Equate) face cleansing/make-up remover towelettes. They work wonders and are very gentle to delicate skin, and we've never had anyone have an allergic reaction to them.

Apr 08 08 10:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jacknife Ruby

Dallas, Texas, US

They actually make a remover for that lipstay stuff. It will be right next to it at the drugstore- it looks like a tube of lipgloss-- you put it on let it sit a sec, rub it around and it wipes right off.

I use the hell out of those lipsticks-- I was  SO happy when they made a remover!

Apr 08 08 10:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

TheMakeupMan

Los Angeles, California, US

LOL ! ha ha ha hha ha ha      thats the cutiest thing If heard !     take a picture !!!!!!
well if abolene dosent work I'd try (after taking a picture plezzzzzzzzzzzzzze!)
I'd first use a warm steamy towel  let it sit on top of the aera first
(you can wet a handtowel and  microwave for a sec )
Then I would try Id try super solve plus   but test it first and only use the plus , the regular one is too harsh
put it on a powder puff or cotton ball , dont rub    just let it sit on top , it should disolve it , good luck smile

Apr 08 08 10:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lorraine Andris

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

thanks for the replies..she actually got it off with some Lancome BI-facil double action eye make up remover

Apr 08 08 10:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Seema Haider

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sorry, no advice here but holy cuteness! LMAO

Although if any one of my 3 kids did that I would freak out.
Although you could try oil based ANDREA eye makeup remover pads.

Apr 08 08 11:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jennifer Nicole MUA

Monterey, California, US

good to know that she got it off of her, how funny...at least we know that revlon stuff really works! lol

Apr 10 08 07:25 am Link