Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Suggestions...?

Model

Miss Aimee

Sacramento, California, US

Shooting in SAN FRAN on Saturday and want to go for that more sultry smokey look.... Any suggestions on eyeshadow shades and\or where to get good eyelashes etc..? Any infor is great help smile

Feb 02 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

what is your outfit going to be for the smoke shots?

Feb 02 06 05:42 pm Link

Model

Miss Aimee

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
what is your outfit going to be for the smoke shots?

well im trying to go with hot pink and black ............   or red?? valentines stuff   .... wanted to add some fishnet stockings or gloves in their somewhere

Feb 02 06 05:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Miss Aimee wrote:
Shooting in SAN FRAN on Saturday and want to go for that more sultry smokey look.... Any suggestions on eyeshadow shades and\or where to get good eyelashes etc..? Any infor is great help smile

Well you should get 3 shades a cream or white a grey and a black if you have some cash get NARS or MAC a good bradn these are shades you should invest in powders last for a really long time .

I haven't come across any horrible lashes myself even found some awsome ones from a Dollar store. but if you are at MAC pick up a pair of thier lashes they are around$12 but you can clean them and reuse them, they can last for more than one shoot. you can soak them in 99% alcholefor a bit them gentily remove the glue. A good eyelash glue to invest in is Duo sergical adhesive. It comes in a little tube and works so well. My personal Fave.
Hope that helps smile Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Feb 02 06 06:18 pm Link

Model

Miss Aimee

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:

Well you should get 3 shades a cream or white a grey and a black if you have some cash get NARS or MAC a good bradn these are shades you should invest in powders last for a really long time .

I haven't come across any horrible lashes myself even found some awsome ones from a Dollar store. but if you are at MAC pick up a pair of thier lashes they are around$12 but you can clean them and reuse them, they can last for more than one shoot. you can soak them in 99% alcholefor a bit them gentily remove the glue. A good eyelash glue to invest in is Duo sergical adhesive. It comes in a little tube and works so well. My personal Fave.
Hope that helps smile Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Am I gunna poke myself in the eye applying lashes hehe ??? smile  and do I apply lashes before or after the eyeshadow and liner? and do i use mascara on my real eyelashes.... Lol i need MAKEUP for DUMMIES smile.... and lipcolor mandy?

Feb 02 06 06:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Miss Aimee wrote:
Am I gunna poke myself in the eye applying lashes hehe ??? smile  and do I apply lashes before or after the eyeshadow and liner? and do i use mascara on my real eyelashes.... Lol i need MAKEUP for DUMMIES smile.... and lipcolor mandy?

Well I hope you don't
I apply the eye lashes 1st before applying any make-up or sometimes after the foundation.I only use mascara on the bottom lashes if I am using faux lashes. but thats just me i know some Make-up artists who put on lots and lots on top and bottom. and depending on what your wearing I would keep the lips soft and sweet. so that you can balance out the "dark" eyes you dont want to have the eye and mouth fighting with each other. but maybe a glossy soft pink.  and dont for get to add a little blush unless your shooting in black and white as blush can look like a grey streek across the face. any other questions feel free to e-mail me personally.. Talk to you later..Mandy

Feb 02 06 06:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:

Well I hope you don't
I apply the eye lashes 1st before applying any make-up or sometimes after the foundation.I only use mascara on the bottom lashes if I am using faux lashes. but thats just me i know some Make-up artists who put on lots and lots on top and bottom. and depending on what your wearing I would keep the lips soft and sweet. so that you can balance out the "dark" eyes you dont want to have the eye and mouth fighting with each other. but maybe a glossy soft pink.  and dont for get to add a little blush unless your shooting in black and white as blush can look like a grey streek across the face. any other questions feel free to e-mail me personally.. Talk to you later..Mandy

check out the stylist's thread on putting on eyelashes:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=26692

Also, the MAC eyepaints are a GREAT base for blending a killer eyeshadow and smokey eye look. I use the silver and it comes in a tiny tube. You can put any color over it and it lasts overnight!!! No creases and the color stays.

Feb 02 06 06:47 pm Link