Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Want to become a MUA....Who has the best brushes??

Model

Larissa

Raleigh, Illinois, US

HEY ok...so ive modeling for 6 years...but im also a stylist and now becoming a photog. BUt i also want to tap into Makeup as many times as i get it done...I LEARN alot! lol  But i always forget to ask the vital ?...where can i get the GOOD make up brushes...the ones that dont hurt ur skin! lol  And MUA out there got some tips....HELP ME OUT!!! smile

Feb 03 06 09:41 am Link

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

Larissa wrote:
HEY ok...so ive modeling for 6 years...but im also a stylist and now becoming a photog. BUt i also want to tap into Makeup as many times as i get it done...I LEARN alot! lol  But i always forget to ask the vital ?...where can i get the GOOD make up brushes...the ones that dont hurt ur skin! lol  And MUA out there got some tips....HELP ME OUT!!! smile

Larisa,
Look for brushes that are NOT synthetic hair, they tend to be the softest. Invest in good sable/squirrel bristles so that they last you and clean them with brush cleaner or baby shampoo works just fine- never soak them. I recommend MAC,JAPONESQUE (SAME AS MAC),STUDIOGEAR(LIFETIME WARRANTEY), NARS, AND SEPHORA BRAND HAS A GREAT LINE OF BRUSHES. Remember you get what you pay for, invest higher end and it will pay off in the longrun.

Feb 03 06 09:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

Janet Harris

Allen, Texas, US

Absolutly,you get what you pay for !! In vest in quality brushes and they'll last
you for years with the proper care.Most of the deparment store lines have good
brushes,but the prices will vary a bit.I have a mix of Lancome,Mac,Prescriptives,
Shisedo,Bobby Brown,Trish and Sephora.

Most of the time the brushes are sold individually,but ask about brush sets if you
don't see any displayed....there usually a better value.
Don't forget your brush cleaner..for quick cleaning in between customers !!

Feb 03 06 11:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

I like Stila and Laura Mercier. Ve Neil's brushes are also good.

Feb 04 06 12:43 am Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I love Ve Neil's brushes.

Feb 04 06 01:23 am Link

Model

Chu

I've been told Sephora has the best, I don't know much about any of the others

Feb 04 06 02:55 am Link

Model

Chieko

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm not a stylist, but i found sephoras brushes to be really helpful!
I bought a set- which I love!

Feb 04 06 04:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

Chieko wrote:
I'm not a stylist, but i found sephoras brushes to be really helpful!
I bought a set- which I love!

If you like sephora's brushes, try auraline. they are the manufacturer that makes sephora's brushes. if you can get to the IMATS show in pasadena you can get a whole set for like 150 bucks. thats what i started out using. that or crown brushes. cheap, but they get the job done.

Feb 04 06 09:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Meredith VanSickle

Atlanta, Georgia, US

my very best set of brushes happens to be a set from E-bay of Italian badger hair... Soft and wonderful!
and i paid only $75 for the whole set and to have them shipped in this cute little leather case...
I also have Japonesque Brushes and MAC and Studio Gear and I.D. Bare Escentuals...
I also hit up art supplies and cut my own from sable hair, etc...
Although, i have a couple synthetics *thin eyeliner brush of soft golden talkalon*  that I cut myself...

Feb 04 06 09:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Aisha Chacha Couture

I have an excellent line of cosmetics and tools, Chacha Cosmetics.  I do start up kits for new MUA aswell.  Contact me for special offers and rates. smile

Feb 05 06 11:56 am Link