Forums > General Industry > Models cum Photographers cum MUAs, etc

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Evenin' Mayhem,

This question goes out to those of you who move between various roles - model, photographer, stylist, MUA, or any number of things.  I've started out as a model, and am known by my oh-so-spanky model name, Shyly.  Now that I'm learning photography as well, I am curious as to what y'all have found to be the least confusing path when it comes to names.  Do you have a separate name and account for your photography, and never the twain shall meet?  Is it all mixed together?  Somewhere in between?

I think I'd like my legal name on my photography, with separate photography accounts and all that, but I'm afraid I'll confuse people or make them think I'm deceiving them, or who knows what.  I'd love to know the pitfalls you've encountered so that I can (hopefully) avoid them!

Anyone have suggestions on this front?

Jun 14 05 12:53 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I think as long as you explain yourself, there will be no problem.  On your model account, you can say "I'm also Photographer #9932883729937847.  Check out my photos."

Changing names didn't seem to hurt the Fresh Prince.  Much.

Jun 14 05 01:15 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

A: "Two seperate accounts..."
...they are two different jobs you are applying for, unless you do self portraits... Keep the same name so that people will be able to affilaite you and your work abilities. (my opinion)

Jun 14 05 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Separate accounts with reciprocating links... I'd use the real name for photography and keep the pseudonym for modeling.
It will help you keep your sanity  :-)

Jun 15 05 09:52 am Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

call yourself MUGATU.

Jun 15 05 10:04 am Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

and call your line "DERELICTE"

Jun 15 05 10:05 am Link

Model

Sibyl Nin has retired

Brooklyn, New York, US

Posted by edrickguerrero photography: 

ya know there is more to life than being really really ridiclously good looking tongue

Jun 15 05 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

I'd recommend your real name for the photographer account and the frilly name for representing you as a model

John

Jun 15 05 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Excuse me, but it states clearly in the usage terms of this site that you may NOT use vulgarity in your thread titles.

Mentioning sexually-ejaculated-bodily-fluids, passed from models to photographers to MUAs is just not proper.

Jun 16 05 11:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by sibyl: 

Posted by edrickguerrero photography: 

ya know there is more to life than being really really ridiclously good looking tongue

Hmm... Not in an MUA's eyes... (j/k)

Jun 16 05 03:49 pm Link