Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Import Models ... what do you think?

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

What I wondered is are there are models or photographers here on Model Mayhem who go to these events?  If so, what do you think of the "models" at these events?  I know it's a stretch, but I consider that sort of model as like when a "model" is at a convention for Home Improvement products ... only they drape themselves around cars instead of refrigerators for pictures.  It's a form of modeling that doesn't get due respect from many other models and photographers.   

I know that there are some Import models on Model Mayhem!  The HIN is about to have it's first show of the year in San Jose ... After going to these events for a couple years now, I've decided to get a booth at that next event.  What do you think of these events?  Is it a dirty little secret or are any other photographers and models admit to participation in these events?  I hope I'm not the only one who admits involvement!  LOL

Feb 04 06 11:59 pm Link

Photographer

Eli Anthony

Mentor, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
What I wondered is are there are models or photographers here on Model Mayhem who go to these events?  If so, what do you think of the "models" at these events?  I know it's a stretch, but I consider that sort of model as like when a "model" is at a convention for Home Improvement products ... only they drape themselves around cars instead of refrigerators for pictures.  It's a form of modeling that doesn't get due respect from many other models and photographers.   

I know that there are some Import models on Model Mayhem!  The HIN is about to have it's first show of the year in San Jose ... After going to these events for a couple years now, I've decided to get a booth at that next event.  What do you think of these events?  Is it a dirty little secret or are any other photographers and models admit to participation in these events?  I hope I'm not the only one who admits involvement!  LOL

I've been covering these and other modeling events for 3 years now, I enjoy it, a good way to network with models out there. The models at these events can definatly do modeling outside of the events that they make appearances at.

Good luck at the San Jose show, should be a packed one, the season opener always is. My site is www.importfx.net , check it if you would like to see our coverage from HIN, Extreme Autofest, D1, and other events.

Feb 19 06 10:43 am Link

Model

lindi h

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

I'm an aspiring import model, still battling college first though, unfortuantely... but anyways, going to HIN with my brother a few years ago, he showed off his car, and I just fell in love with the scene, I'm hoping to head up there again when HIN reaches Boston, but it's an amazing show.  Most of the import models, they know decent to a lot of knowledge about cars, which impressed me a lot, due to the fact, many ladies, when they hear any talk about cars, they bolt. So propz to Import Models and ALL photographers they work with who make them look stunning in pictures as much as they look beautiful @ the shows... and maybe some day you'll see my face @ HIN... but till then, battling school... *sigh*

Mar 01 06 01:28 pm Link