Forums > General Industry > Why Ask Why?.........

Photographer

- null -

I've seen lots of threads asking, "Why don't people answer me?"

Models ask it.

Photographers ask it.

First of all, stop being such whiny little bitches. It's annoying as hell. You sound like people who ask why the guy or girl doesn't call you after the first date. THEY DON'T LIKE YOU. GET OVER IT.

Now, you want the answer as to why photographers or models don't answer you?

It might be because they are rude jerks. It might be because they are busy and sincerely forgot. It might be because they moved out of the country. It might be because they were abducted by aliens. It might be because they have no desire whatsoever to work with you. It might be any one of 1000 reasons that we can't even think of.

Get over it.

We aren't curing cancer here. Every model and photographer can be replaced. Move on to the next one.

P.S. There is a short list of models I have ignored; A few of whom I REALLY like and want to work with but I've been too scatter-brained the past few weeks to get back to them. Oops.

Jun 16 05 08:46 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
It might be because they were abducted by aliens.

I saw a billboard sign off of highway 101 that read, "When they come, they'll eat the fat ones first". Lol. The clowns.

Jun 16 05 09:01 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

It might be because they were abducted by aliens.

I saw a billboard sign off of highway 101 that read, "When they come, they'll eat the fat ones first". Lol. The clowns.

Damn. Good thing I've started working out again.

Jun 16 05 11:35 am Link

Photographer

RFAphoto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Well that and with your Power Rangers superhero look, you should be ok to fight them off!  LOL

Jun 16 05 11:56 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by RFAphoto: 
Well that and with your Power Rangers superhero look, you should be ok to fight them off!  LOL

Damn right!

... Hey! ... WTF?!

I'm somehow getting suckered into hijacking my OWN thread. How did that happen?

Jun 16 05 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

RFAphoto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Oh, ok on to the topic at hand, Yes Models do not respond, yes photographers do not respond.... But If you can't handle rejection, Photography is not for you! If not getting the pictures is bad then imagine how bad it's going to be if someone actually doesn't like your pictures!

Yes no reply does strike me as unprofessional and I don't like it either. I see it as if they flake on just replying to an e-mail, what would the shoot go like? Consider no-replies to be someone who is saving you time and effort.

Jun 16 05 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Yup. I've advocated keeping a degree of serenity, but I'm getting the impression that this isn't the board to do it.  ;-)

Jun 16 05 02:24 pm Link

Body Painter

Eric Mayhem

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by RFAphoto: 
Oh, ok on to the topic at hand, Yes Models do not respond, yes photographers do not respond.... But If you can't handle rejection, Photography is not for you! If not getting the pictures is bad then imagine how bad it's going to be if someone actually doesn't like your pictures!

Yes no reply does strike me as unprofessional and I don't like it either. I see it as if they flake on just replying to an e-mail, what would the shoot go like? Consider no-replies to be someone who is saving you time and effort.

That's the way I see it, too!  No reply tells me everything I want to know about them. 

Jun 16 05 02:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Hmmm... "Why ask why?" was the thread title and all I have floating in my head is "Drink Bud Dry..."

Jun 16 05 03:44 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Models ask it.

Photographers ask it.

First of all, stop being such whiny little bitches. It's annoying as hell. You sound like people who ask why the guy or girl doesn't call you after the first date. THEY DON'T LIKE YOU. GET OVER IT.

It might be because they are rude jerks. It might be because they are busy and sincerely forgot. It might be because they moved out of the country. It might be because they were abducted by aliens. It might be because they have no desire whatsoever to work with you. It might be any one of 1000 reasons that we can't even think of.

Get over it.

We aren't curing cancer here. Every model and photographer can be replaced. Move on to the next one.

P.S. There is a short list of models I have ignored; A few of whom I REALLY like and want to work with but I've been too scatter-brained the past few weeks to get back to them. Oops.

There is no stupid question.....if you don't ask then you don't learn.  There may very well be models and or photographers out there that don't yet understand the industry.  So without asking the silly questions as well as the serious ones they won't know.  It's really not a biggie.

I posted a "why" question.  Had I not I wouldn't have learned what I did about a certain photographer.

Sometimes for both models and photographers its good to learn who's reliable and honest, as well as learning who the sleeze balls are.  I gained information wothy of sharing it with other models that may be dealing with the same thing I did.  Never know until you ask.  wink

Jun 16 05 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Nobody loves me.   Nobody wants to shoot with me.

I want my money back.

I want my two dollers.   I want my two dollers.

Jun 16 05 05:58 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Posted by Lisa Fortier: 

Models ask it.

Photographers ask it.

Get over it.

There is no stupid question.....if you don't ask then you don't learn.  There may very well be models and or photographers out there that don't yet understand the industry.  So without asking the silly questions as well as the serious ones they won't know.  It's really not a biggie.

I posted a "why" question.  Had I not I wouldn't have learned what I did about a certain photographer.

Sometimes for both models and photographers its good to learn who's reliable and honest, as well as learning who the sleeze balls are.  I gained information wothy of sharing it with other models that may be dealing with the same thing I did.  Never know until you ask.  wink

I agree..nothing wrong with a little feedback!!

Jun 16 05 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

stop being such whiny little bitches

Sorry, just had to come back and comment on this... if everyone stopped being such whiny little bitches, then 90% of the posters would be gone, lol.  At least it would seperate the amatuers from the pros.  Too many people learning off the internet, with no on hand experience, talking like they know everything.

It's like, I have a Canon EOS-4Ds9 Mark IV x15 with this lens and that lens and I have all this cool lighting and have 20 years experience in the industry, everyone else is stupid!  Then all of a sudden, they make a post like, anyone else have this problem?

PFFFFFFFFFT!!

Jun 16 05 06:14 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Oh, the irony.

I have to agree. Bitching and moaning is integral to all message boards, especiially modeling related message boards.

I'm waiting for the slew of girls asking if they're "model material."

Jun 16 05 06:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Posted by marksora: 

Nobody loves me.   Nobody wants to shoot with me.

I want my money back.

I want my two dollers.   I want my two dollers.

LOL

Jun 16 05 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Reese: 
Hmmm... "Why ask why?" was the thread title and all I have floating in my head is "Drink Bud Dry..."

Yes. I know. That was deliberate. It's called a "pop-culture reference" honey. Do try to keep up.

;-P

Jun 16 05 08:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

I can't... Theda has me working Chinese over-time and I only get 1/2 an hour's sleep...

Jun 16 05 09:37 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Models ask it.

Photographers ask it.

Thank you!
I have been having to supress the urge recently to just reply to one of those threads saying, "maybe you just suck"

Jun 17 05 12:39 am Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

Models ask it.

Photographers ask it.

Get over it.

But, it's all about being professional and respectful. Reply back to the person no matter if you're interested or not. Ignoreing someone is just stupid and not professional nor respectful. I don't even care if I don't get a reason why they don't want to work with me, atleast inform me that you're not interested.

Jun 17 05 12:44 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by CO Model Amber: 
But, it's all about being professional and respectful. Reply back to the person no matter if you're interested or not. Ignoreing someone is just stupid and not professional nor respectful. I don't even care if I don't get a reason why they don't want to work with me, atleast inform me that you're not interested.

I agree with you 1000%.

But ...

I was NOT talking about "whether or not a person should reply."

I was talking about "people asking why no one does."

Big difference.

Jun 17 05 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Rock Buffalo

Orlando, Florida, US

The answer to "why?" is always "because."

Jun 23 05 10:15 am Link

Photographer