Forums > Photography Talk > When You’re On Top

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

What is it we fear with trying to be successful as photographers/models? Is it being excepted at our craft or the failure of never getting there. It is so easy to give up or is dying to make it that important, if you can’t get over the hump of fear itself.Yes! There are few that make it to the top and finding how to get there is for some a never ending journey. Letting those fears take hold of your being can get to the best of us. Sometimes that voice of someone else listening to you can be comfort, so take advice as it’s meant to be in honesty, for we all have or are going through this process of understanding what it is that we fear. It never really goes away, for in the back of your minds no matter who you are there is fear....fear of paying the bills.....fear of not being picked for the cover...fear that your work is not good.......fear of death.....This is one way I found to overcome this fear in my life.....things will happen no matter what you think...you can stand and let it happen or you can move  around it, but it will catchup with you at some point. Yet one can build a body of worth within ourselves to break through any walls. Success comes in many forms and shapes that direct us all to our goals.Knowledge of what this industry will take of you and how you can dip into this pool of knowledge is within us all.....it’s our voice....it’s our reaching out and sharing those experiences with others that makes growth a road traveled among us together. It’s  can be a life changing effect by one. Bring to anything this open book, so as to have something written on your pages for no ending is final or is the next page the last.

Jun 16 05 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisChris

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

are you saying that the fear of dying and the fear of not getting the cover is the same thing?

Jun 16 05 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by ChrisChris: 
are you saying that the fear of dying and the fear of not getting the cover is the same thing?

To some it is the same.....you fear death as it relates to getting work.....the silence is golden when no one is calling you for the next project. You feel you heart beating fast...you sweat and in your might you scream

Jun 16 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisChris

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Posted by Alex Alexander: 
To some it is the same.....you fear death as it relates to getting work.....the silence is golden when no one is calling you for the next project. You feel you heart beating fast...you sweat and in your might you scream

so.. thinking "at least i'm still alive" when you can't get work is pointless since it's the same... to some?

maybe it's just me, but i don't make a big deal of it, there's always ways to get by, there's always stuff to do; one just needs to try a bit harder at times.

(i'm neither mighty nor screaming.)

interesting post. you should write a book.
i'd buy it for sure.

Jun 16 05 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

ME Too (:---

Jul 06 05 09:18 pm Link