Hair Stylist

BIYOSHIPATRICK

New York, New York, US

does it help if i say please?!?!?!

Jun 16 05 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

If you are using Photoshop, open the file, go to file save as, and from the drop down menu choose .jpg or .jpeg. then click save and save at a level 12 for best quality.. Well, best quality for baseline, but I'm assuming you're wanting the .jpg for the web.

Hope this help. If not, email me direct and I'll guide ya through..

Jun 16 05 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Open the tiff in your editor of choice, then "save as" and choose jpg, then click OK.

Jun 16 05 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

If you're using photoshop, don't do "save as" always do "save for web"- it'll pull up a new screen and much more fine control over the compression (ie. quality vs. file size) of your image.  Make sure that you have it set to jpeg and not gif...

best,
Justin

Jun 17 05 03:34 am Link

Photographer

QuaeVide

Pacifica, California, US

Posted by Justin N Lane: 
If you're using photoshop, don't do "save as" always do "save for web"

If you use "save for web" in Photoshop (CS version anyway), be aware that it will strip out much of the meta-information such as IPTC (which may have copyright info), EXIF (shooting date) and (optionally) color profile. Be careful of the last - a JPG without a color profile is typically asumed to be in sRGB so if your TIFF was originally, say, in Adobe RGB you should use "convert to profile" before "save for web" or the colors may look washed out.

Jun 17 05 07:30 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

No dont save to web untill after all work is done to photo..save it then make a web copy

Jun 17 05 07:34 am Link

Photographer

Rock Buffalo

Orlando, Florida, US

If you use CS or CS2 you cannot save a 16 bit tiff as a jpeg. First, change it to 8 bits (Image/Mode)then save as jpg.

Jun 23 05 10:11 am Link