Forums > General Industry > The ages of models..another late night ramble

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

oh

he did say fashion....

and about that, i can not comment nor does it apply to me...

my mistake

Jun 20 05 11:54 am Link

Photographer

p h o t o f a s h i o n

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by Angel Tara: 
oh

he did say fashion....

and about that, i can not comment nor does it apply to me...

my mistake

Admiting you were wrong seems to be very rare around these parts and therefore takes a lot of courage. Myself and others could learn a lot from you Angel.

Jun 20 05 06:17 pm Link

Model

AnnaMarie

Flushing, New York, US

Hey,
What is wrong with shooting older models?  I am 38 and still going strong.  I am dependable, professional, mature, take direction well and love to be in front of the camera.  If the 35 plus guys can do it, what about us girls.  We are not old grandma's yet.  In fact, I look better know then when I was 17!!  We are not only getting older, we are getting better!  Cheers!
;-)

Jun 20 05 09:07 pm Link

Model

AnnaMarie

Flushing, New York, US

and that was now (sorry for the typo!)
:-)

Jun 20 05 09:10 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

its just a hateful person
trying to hurt some ones feelings, anyones!!

theres no other purpose to it...

sick!

Jun 21 05 05:49 am Link

Photographer

p h o t o f a s h i o n

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by Anjel Britt: 
its just a hateful person
trying to hurt some ones feelings, anyones!!

theres no other purpose to it...

sick!

reality sucks....what sucks even more is hiding your head in the sand from it.

Jun 21 05 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Melvin Moten Jr: 

Posted by Aaron_H: 

...the bizarre symbiotic GWC/girl with body mating dancers...

what a wonderful metaphor.  that makes my day.

Thanks, glad I could help! smile

Jun 21 05 09:41 am Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

+35 BINGO! You look like MAlboro man? Mature? Lived face?? You son, are booked.

Silly thought.........
Doesn't the marlboro man need a marlboro woman???  and why should she be a young smoothe teenage girl..?

Jun 21 05 10:47 am Link

Model

accessqianam

Detroit, Michigan, US

Posted by Aaron_H: 

Posted by Natasha Hart: 
When that was written I believe there was some sort of drug paraphernalia being used.

Well that's not unlikely, yet it's irrelevant, the fact is that the only mistakes he makes are that he's always talking about the real life major market fashion scene, not other kinds of modeling and especially not the concept of modeling in the minds of 90 some percent of people talking modeling on the internet, but he doesn't spell that fact out. He's not talking commercial, he's not talking glamour, he's not talking small market local level, and he's certainly not talking the bizarre symbiotic GWC/girl with body mating dancers. But in the world he is talking about that's generally the way it is, and pointing out that there are exceptions is pretty meaningless, that goes without saying, and exceptions prove the rule... he's talking about the rules

If he can make a generalization why cant someone else point out exceptions?? Most people dont fall into the high fashion, editorial column anyway nor will they ever. Theres quite a bit of room in the commercial print realm which is most models bread and butters for models ages and looks given that most models in this category either have to be A)attractive,nice teeth slightly lenient height requirement with a nice physique or B)character models where height,appearance and physique requirements are lenient.

Though what hes saying is partially true no matter how half baked it sounds if a client likes your look they like your look regardless as someone else said. Im alot older than I look and I have always looked younger than I am since I was a teen so Ill be having a longer career than someone 18-21 that looks older. Thats why agencies get models so young. The window is narrow for certain types of models especially across certain ethnicities that may age faster in appearance

Im sure people wouldnt be pointing out the exceptions and the fact that age isnt always a factor if he didnt sound so way off base

Jun 22 05 01:06 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

But he DID specify fashion models. And yet, people still want to argue about how there is call for older models in commercial work. Reading comprehnsion. Learn it. Love it.

Jun 22 05 01:09 am Link

Model

accessqianam

Detroit, Michigan, US

Posted by Angel Tara: 
Bull shit

"24 - 27..... the wilderness years...ok if you have built a client base, got famous or dont need the work and just love the attention. Warning these women are on the edge and can be dangerous! Don't believe me?? Book a 27 year old girl (perhaps modelling for 8 years or so and the glory days are long gone) for a european fashion mag shoot that pays $200 and ask her to look like shes having fun."

That does not describe me at all!

And by the way, I am consistently told I LOOK 20 years old. In person, NO MAKEUP!

hmph....offended!

Hey

Nice to know someone else I know personally whose active on these things!!

Jun 22 05 01:16 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by accessqianam: 

Posted by Aaron_H: 

Posted by Natasha Hart: 
When that was written I believe there was some sort of drug paraphernalia being used.

Well that's not unlikely, yet it's irrelevant, the fact is that the only mistakes he makes are that he's always talking about the real life major market fashion scene, not other kinds of modeling and especially not the concept of modeling in the minds of 90 some percent of people talking modeling on the internet, but he doesn't spell that fact out. He's not talking commercial, he's not talking glamour, he's not talking small market local level, and he's certainly not talking the bizarre symbiotic GWC/girl with body mating dancers. But in the world he is talking about that's generally the way it is, and pointing out that there are exceptions is pretty meaningless, that goes without saying, and exceptions prove the rule... he's talking about the rules

If he can make a generalization why cant someone else point out exceptions??

Why ask a question I already answered in the quote you used?

Listen to theda, I notice you went to State, but still... smile

Jun 22 05 04:25 am Link