Forums > General Industry > Studio Name photographer name cross referencing

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Studio Name photographer name and cross referencing credits.

I’m tweaking my portfolio a bit and am trying to be able to cross-reference all my photographers and studios and workshops
So that if you find a photographer you like or want to look up you can just Google the name or go to there website and look them up easy.

So many web addresses are not the same name as the web site?? And not the same as the studios and not the same as the photographer name and not the same as the agencies.

Should I just not try so hard with the obscure ones?

I’m trying to create an informative list of information it is just very difficult.

Feb 15 06 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

That's a helluva undertaking!!! 

I apologize in advance for this... 

Of my current 5½ websites (1 is under development), I currently have 3 photography websites (1 undergoing renovation) each of which is geared towards a different genre of photography and potential clientele. So I'll understand if you hate me...  ;-)

Wm

Feb 15 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

*cringes in horror*
it's ok that you have five diffrent websites but what how do you want people to each one?
I looked up second glance
and you didn't come up at all in the first three pages..
untill I put in second glance.net

but then you did pop up as second glance photography.

and if I plug in "second glance photography" you popped right up at the top.

see what I mean? so If you give any models your name to spread about
may I suggest "second glance photography"

but I have others who have as I said several diffrent names for the same out fit.

Feb 15 06 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

Yes, just using "second glance" is only using two general terms. If you look at the link to my site on my Profile, I list "Second Glance Photography by William Morton." If you use any 3 of those words you'll find me. ;-)
Second Glance Photography was my studio name when I first moved to San Diego. ("Creating images that will make people stop and look twice!") That was my listing in the Yellow Pages, etc. When I moved to L.A. I created a new modeling site and began to segregate my websites based on content. Models/actors (particularly those < 18) didn't need to see boudoir portraits when looking for headshots. Likewise, I moved my commercial/advertising photography to an independent site (undergoing renovation now), which is listed on my professional listings (ASMP, etc.). Corporate clients don't care to see model portfolio images or glamour. (well, maybe SOME would like to look at the glamour... )  Since I do different types of work, I target each site to its respective market.

Feb 15 06 03:19 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

That makes good sence with marketing.
I just see others who use photography and studio interchangabley
or they have one title for there work and it is not there website??
super confusing.

Feb 15 06 03:50 pm Link