Forums > General Industry > My name is _________. Am freelance modeling agent

Model

Avonlea Angelica

Clovis, California, US

Hello Model,
           My name is GERALD HIPERSON 47yrs old from London,United kingdom,am a Freelance modeling agent working under GQ MAGAZINE [www.gq-magazine.co.uk,i  came across your profile on model mayhem while surfing on the internet and it's quite interesting and i will like to do some work with you, I got a fashion outfit which will be coming up in United States between May 24th- 26th 2013. kindly get back to me for more details,if you are interested in this job because it is urgent.The best way to contact me is via email.Kindly send all responses to [email protected] I look forward to read from you soon once again you can contact me through my private email [email protected]
GERALD HIPERSON

Scam?

Apr 21 13 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Sidney Kapuskar

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

This thread should have ended here.

Apr 21 13 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Leavitt

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Avonlea Angelica  wrote:
Hello Model,
           My name is GERALD HIPERSON 47yrs old from London,United kingdom,am a Freelance modeling agent working under GQ MAGAZINE [www.gq-magazine.co.uk,i  came across your profile on model mayhem while surfing on the internet and it's quite interesting and i will like to do some work with you, I got a fashion outfit which will be coming up in United States between May 24th- 26th 2013. kindly get back to me for more details,if you are interested in this job because it is urgent.The best way to contact me is via email.Kindly send all responses to [email protected] I look forward to read from you soon once again you can contact me through my private email [email protected]
GERALD HIPERSON

Scam?

First hint: Most people educated enough to work at this level know that you put spaces after punctuations. Second "freelance working under GQ" which is it? freelance, or working for GQ? Grammar, sentence structure, etc. Why would a business entity working for GQ use a gmail account and not a legit GW address.

Lastly - did you read the OP at all?

Apr 21 13 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Leavitt

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

Carioca wrote:
This thread should end here.

Yes - 5 years ago.

Apr 21 13 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

Carioca wrote:

-JAY- wrote:
Yes - 5 years ago.

Except the model at the top of this page mistakenly awoke a zombie thread rather than asking her question in a new one.

Avonlea Angelica  wrote:
Hello Model,
GERALD HIPERSON

Scam?

So to this poster, the answer is "Yes" it is a scam.  In the future though, you will get better answers if you start a new thread rather than replying to one that is many years old.

The OP in this thread is no longer a member so he can't reply to you.

Apr 21 13 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Wow - I thought Roger was back till I saw the date...

Apr 22 13 10:30 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

so glad this is a zombie thread, I was afraid I had died and hell froze over

Apr 22 13 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

mphunt

Hudson, Florida, US

So there is a zombie thread, least the person looked for her answer.  She starts a new thread and for sure someone will tell her to do a search, the subject has been discussed before.  Can't win.

Apr 22 13 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

mphunt wrote:
So there is a zombie thread, least the person looked for her answer.  She starts a new thread and for sure someone will tell her to do a search, the subject has been discussed before.  Can't win.

While using the search IS a good thing, if the subject HAS been discussed before, there really is NOT a need to resurrect the thread, is there?

Given that nearly every time there is an "is this a scam" thread, it IS a scam... it would be ideal for folks to realize that if they are asking that question, it probably is a scam.

Apr 22 13 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Avonlea Angelica  wrote:
Hello Model,

Scam?

What didn't you understand about everything thats been said so far?
If you aren't getting it by now, choose another hobby!

Apr 22 13 06:29 pm Link

Model

JLC1002

Reno, Nevada, US

So i also got this message about the GQ offer, and how can i be sure its a scam? i did get some pretty good information on the offer and it does seem legit. So how can i be sure?

Apr 22 13 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Bravo Magic Images

Temple City, California, US

Oh Scam i thought you meant Ham.

Apr 22 13 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

A S Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

[url=http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Tyler_Waitt_2207044 wrote:
Tyler[/url] Cannoy] So i also got this message about the GQ offer, and how can i be sure its a scam? i did get some pretty good information on the offer and it does seem legit. So how can i be sure?

1.  Read www.newmodels.com
2.  Read https://www.modelmayhem.com/education/u … the-basics
3.  You are 5' 8".  It is probably a scam.
4.  You are inexperienced.  It is probably a scam.
5.  If you need to pay anyone it is probably a scam.
6.  If they pay you and then you pay part of that to someone else, it is a scam.
7.  If they are paying you in advance, it is a scam.

If you got the offer through MM, then report it to the moderators via https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod (and if the person who sent you the message isn't a member anymore it is a scam and MM removed them because someone else complained).

Apr 23 13 12:55 am Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

Carioca wrote:
This thread should have ended here.

+1
And if you want an actual opinion from the actual OP visit www.newmodels.com

IBT zombie L ?

Apr 24 13 04:42 pm Link

Model

Anh Bloom

Miami Beach, Florida, US

really? i thought i would get the Chance to be on the cover of GQ Magazine in the UK! LOL kinda weird, the Profile had someone elses Name

May 11 13 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Aisbarika

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

It doesn't matter what name is used. 

It doesn't matter if he can spell.

It is a scam.

Posting thousands of words and lengthy emails does nothing but waste everybody's time.  If you get one of those, it's a scam.

Ah, I see. So; block text, bad I'll keep that in mind.

May 12 13 05:36 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

GPS Studio Services wrote:

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

Carioca wrote:

-JAY- wrote:
Yes - 5 years ago.

Except the model at the top of this page mistakenly awoke a zombie thread rather than asking her question in a new one.

So to this poster, the answer is "Yes" it is a scam.  In the future though, you will get better answers if you start a new thread rather than replying to one that is many years old.

The OP in this thread is no longer a member so he can't reply to you.

But the answer to the question is in the OP.  This should perhaps be a sticky thread.

May 13 13 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Emeritus wrote:
This is a scam.

Carioca wrote:

-JAY- wrote:
Yes - 5 years ago.

I just got so excited, thinking Roger is back... but... then I thought... this has to be a zombie thread...

... and yeah... it is!

May 13 13 08:30 pm Link