Forums > General Industry > Bay area MM get together/shoot outs?

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I agree with stanley let's just have a party.
bring our books pass them about, have some snacks to eat and a few drinks.
and let us all meet face to face and exchange info.

Feb 20 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

montgomery photographic

Sunnyvale, California, US

Check out the edge studio I mentioned earlier http://www.srgltd.com/  I've used it befor and it's cheap, huge and in SOMA.

Feb 20 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

montgomery photographic

Sunnyvale, California, US

I think the networking thing is a seperat but very good thing.

Dan  Hood  MM/Moderator wrote:
Doesn't Alan have a great big rental studio over in Fremont or something. Could also skip the shoot out and just have a pizza party like thing too if the logistics of a shoot are a bit much.

Feb 20 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

wmphotos

Clayton, California, US

Let's do it.....
I know of a SF studio we could rent.
Wayne

Feb 20 06 08:17 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Shootout or party I'll volunteer a web page towards the cause and one batch of home made cookies.
I agree with montgomery Edge Studios is a huge studio several sets can go at the same time there.

Feb 20 06 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jack North wrote:
hey Alan is that an owens tahitian? and if so, where did you get it?

edit, actually don't think it is tahitian, but owens?

Owens, we don't need no stinkin Owens. It is a Matthews.  Matthews were built as yachts.  They cost about double what an Owens did and you can see it in the woodwork, detail and construction.

We had the large Owens when I was a kid for one season.  Worst boat I could ever imagine.  It was slow and handled terribly in close quarters.

Feb 20 06 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

An ongoing networking event is in the planning stages now and will include people from a number of different aspects of the industry; i.e to include modeling, photography, MUA, stylists etc.  If you are interested in being contacted when our plans have been finalized just let me know.  The event will be held in San Francisco.

RStephenT
707-718-4849

Feb 21 06 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

Owens, we don't need no stinkin Owens. It is a Matthews.  Matthews were built as yachts.  They cost about double what an Owens did and you can see it in the woodwork, detail and construction.

We had the large Owens when I was a kid for one season.  Worst boat I could ever imagine.  It was slow and handled terribly in close quarters.

I know matthews. yur right, much better than owens. never had problems in close quarters with my tahitian, just have to go backwards.

Feb 21 06 06:45 pm Link

Model

Yasmineamali

San Francisco, California, US

~YAY for the  BAY~

Feb 21 06 06:54 pm Link

Model

Lovejoy

this has been going on for a while.  never went, but heard from several ppl that it was professional and productive.  think it's once a month.  free for models, $10 for everyone else, and it's BYO everything.  they have shooting stations set up there. 

www.bobsmodelhangout.com  (san jose)

i'd still be interested in another type of mixer/meet-n-greet/shootout (closer to the city)

Feb 22 06 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

matt h

Oakland, California, US

Count me in.

I like the idea of a meet & chat first....

but i might be able to offer my studio for a meet & shoot. It's big.  (ask Iona)

-matt

Feb 23 06 12:30 am Link

Photographer

FabioTovar

Culver City, California, US

So I'm getting the impression that most of the people want a party more than an actual shoot out.  Im all for that too.  Question is where? 

suggestion: picnic byob golden gate park by the japanese gardens Sun afternoon type thing?

Feb 23 06 01:12 am Link

Photographer

Tim Carson

Sacramento, California, US

im out in sacramento but i am very interested in a get together or even a shoot situation.

i think the best beginning would be to get a contact list and pick ONE person to head it up!

Feb 23 06 01:16 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

I'd vote for a Fri/Sat night dinner meetup. How bout Pacific Coast Brewery in Oakland? It's close to the 12th St Bart station for those that don't want to drive in, it's central for pretty much the entire bay, and parking isn't too hard to find on the streets at night.

Feb 23 06 06:18 am Link

Photographer

matt h

Oakland, California, US

I like Mike's idea...yay downtown oakland.

Feb 24 06 12:03 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

arno wrote:
I like Mike's idea...yay downtown oakland.

I like Mike's idea too! Come people come.

Feb 24 06 04:53 am Link