Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > makeup stores in NYC

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Good morning, all.

I'm going to be in NYC in a couple of weeks and I was wanting to go shopping. So, who knows of some really good makeup shops in NYC? I don't really care about MAC, and I've been to all the department stores, Sephoras, the MUFE store and Ricky's'. I was hoping some of you might know where the smaller stores are hiding.

I'm a really bad Googler, so everytime I search, I come up with zilch. Same with the phonebook. *sigh* As well, I vaguely remember there being a little store down by Abracadabra, but I can't remember the name.

Any help will be much appreciated!

xo

Feb 18 06 09:33 am Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

Toms River, New Jersey, US

Try Alcone Co.
235 West 19th St.
New York, NY 10011
212-633-0551
www.alconeco.com

Feb 18 06 04:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

AnthonyLarrisey

New York, New York, US

i think you're thinking of "the makeup shop" on 19th street.  there's also "makeup forever" on west broadway.  alcone has another location on west 49th (the one on 19th street is closing...)
happy shopping!

Feb 18 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Brooklyn, New York, US

Hi,

I would agree with the post above because Alcone carries a make up line that is designed more for Pictures, Film And Video. Unlike the department stores over the counter make ups.
Inaddition alot of their make ups products are perfume free and one I would suggest is RCMAs line.

Good Shopping,
Robert Perez
http://robertperez.com

Feb 18 06 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

AnthonyLarrisey wrote:
i think you're thinking of "the makeup shop" on 19th street.  there's also "makeup forever" on west broadway.  alcone has another location on west 49th (the one on 19th street is closing...)
happy shopping!

Ah yes yes thats the place. Thanks. And yea, MUFE stands for Make Up For Ever, so I've already been there before, lots and lots.

Thanks for the help, dudes/dudettes.

Feb 18 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Robert Perez wrote:
Hi,

I would agree with the post above because Alcone carries a make up line that is designed more for Pictures, Film And Video. Unlike the department stores over the counter make ups.
Inaddition alot of their make ups products are perfume free and one I would suggest is RCMAs line.

Good Shopping,
Robert Perez
http://robertperez.com

Awesome. I've been having trouble finding RCMA in Toronto and my palettes are almost out. Thankies.

Feb 18 06 04:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

sammysbodyart

New York, New York, US

Also try www.ladyburd.com Manhattan Show room :

The Bush Tower
130 West 42nd Street
Suite 801
New York, N.Y. 10036 USA
1-212-679-4941
1-800-533-0749
1-212-679-6415 (FAX

Feb 18 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Andres

Orlando, Florida, US

i need a stylist and MAU , i will be in the city for the day on the 17th of march.... any takers

Feb 19 06 12:16 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Daniel Andres wrote:
i need a stylist and MAU , i will be in the city for the day on the 17th of march.... any takers

Please use the Casting Calls forum.

BD, MM Moderator

Feb 19 06 08:49 am Link

Hair Stylist

Luis Rafael

New York, New York, US

Alcone its the way to go.  Its the MUA store...

Mar 12 06 12:42 am Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Luis Santiago wrote:
Alcone its the way to go.  Its the MUA store...

I went to the one on 49th yesterday. Its a pretty kick-ass store. They had everything I wanted in stock and pretty much every pro brand I could think of. Way impressed. They need to put on in Toronto.

xo

Mar 12 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Brooklyn, New York, US

Hey Alwaysmadeup,

I agree with you that it is always better to look at the products in person but Alcone does have mail order which is the next best thing. Ha! Ha!

Mar 12 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Robert Perez wrote:
Hey Alwaysmadeup,

I agree with you that it is always better to look at the products in person but Alcone does have mail order which is the next best thing. Ha! Ha!

I don't have a credit card, so no mail order for me.

Mar 12 06 04:48 pm Link