Forums > General Industry > Nudes Question

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I have a question for photographers and models alike.  Are areoli brushed out?  I've just noticed that I don't see a lot of areola in the finished product.  Of course no two breasts are the same, but I'm just curious.

Clearly I'm new.

Feb 19 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
I have a question for photographers and models alike.  Are areoli brushed out?  I've just noticed that I don't see a lot of areola in the finished product.  Of course no two breasts are the same, but I'm just curious.

Clearly I'm new.

I haven't heard of this before, and I don't do any brushing out anything on my photos.

-P-

Feb 19 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

maybe some models have tanned their skin to the point where it matches their nipple tone?

Recorded in Dynamic Hi-Fi Nipple-Tone!

Feb 19 06 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

JT Hodges

Austin, Texas, US

I don't know about on MM, but in mainstream lingerie ads... yes they are.

Feb 19 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Of course no two breasts are the same, but I'm just curious.
Clearly I'm new.

Yes, you are new.  I have noticed differences in breasts on the same woman.

Oh, I'm sorry (blush) you asked about something else.  Ok- serious answer:
Anytime a photographer must spend time 'fixing' up a photo is time wasted to them (if this is a paid assignment).  This is why the better photographers try to 'get it right' the first time.  Airbrushing out blemishes, pimples, etc, adds time to the final product.  Some photographers will do this if your portfolio needs work, and the blemish, etc is not typical of the model.
To address your specific topic - areolas:
Depending upon what look the model/photographer is after, areolas may/maynot be left in the photo.  Personal taste on both parties.  If you communicate with the photographer before the shoot, both should come out with winning photos.
Hope this helps, and if you are on your way to Oregon this summer...
Please look me up!

Feb 19 06 07:41 pm Link