Forums > General Industry > Working with other models ->

Model

victory228

Chicago, Illinois, US

I, like many, are trying to build a portfolio to present to an agency to actually maybe get somewhere in this business.

I've been offered a few times to work with other models.  Some have been editorial, some fashion, others are implied nudity. 

I've been thinking... is it really beneficial for my portfolio to put group pictures including myself in them?

Just curious as to what your thoughts are.
Discuss! smile

Feb 19 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Angelo Lorenzo

Simi Valley, California, US

go for it, as long as you're in the picture, it's a part of the work you've done.

Feb 20 06 01:36 pm Link

Model

Model Klau Dia

Los Gatos, California, US

It shows that you can cooperate in a collobarotive effort and are comforatble using your body with other bodies. Make sure the models arent too far from size than you because that could look akward.

Feb 20 06 01:40 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

But as far as doing implied nudity, just make sure the other model is female or you may get stereotyped into a category that you may not want.

Feb 20 06 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Beatbox Jeebus v2

Palatine, Illinois, US

I think it is important to show that you can do lifestyle/ editorial work in this industry... so go for it.

Feb 20 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

.: Klaudia :. wrote:
It shows that you can cooperate in a collobarotive effort and are comforatble using your body with other bodies. Make sure the models arent too far from size than you because that could look akward.

Good answer and nice portfolio!

Feb 20 06 03:07 pm Link

Model

victory228

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thanks for the awesome replies.

I'll definately keep it in mind now.

Feb 20 06 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Many agents will recommend showcasing others in a shot in tear-sheet form only.  Regardless of the statement a shot will make by including others, it will take the focus off the individual which is contrary to the objective of a portfolio image.

Feb 21 06 08:23 am Link