Forums > General Industry > "average" weight for high fashion models??

Model

Adrienne S

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

I plan on going to some open calls at some major agencies in Miami soon,and I was told I need to loose about 10 pounds before I go.I'm just wondering what the 'average' weight actually is for high fashion/runway models?

Feb 21 06 12:41 am Link

Model

amanda Irish

Boston, Georgia, US

depending on you height.
if you are 5'8 120-135 is good

Feb 21 06 12:44 am Link

Model

SarahSVET

Los Angeles, California, US

well usually weight isnt what they ask its your stats that they look for a fashion models stats are 34-24-34 maybe chest and waist being one inch bigger or smaller.
Most models who are 5'8 or 5'9 are between 110-115lb but thats not everyone it just depends how you look.

Feb 21 06 12:46 am Link

Model

amanda Irish

Boston, Georgia, US

i just read your status. your size is perfect.  you dont need to loose weight at all.
you are 5'10 130 you are actually skinny but heathy.  stay the way you are and dont let them give you lame excuses.

Feb 21 06 12:46 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Your measurements are much more important than your weight.  They will measure you, but not put you on a scale.

You might want to try to tone up your waist slightly, but your stats look pretty standard for fashion models, assuming you measured correctly.

Feb 21 06 12:48 am Link

Model

amanda Irish

Boston, Georgia, US

SarahSVET wrote:
well usually weight isnt what they ask its your stats that they look for a fashion models stats are 34-24-34 maybe chest and waist being one inch bigger or smaller.
Most models who are 5'8 or 5'9 are between 110-115lb but thats not everyone it just depends how you look.

110 and 115 for his of 5'8 and 5'9 is skinny.

you are afro american or something.  dont fall for the foolishness of weight and height and losing.  you cant help it.  its your jeans.  Tyra is not that small.

Feb 21 06 12:48 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

amanda Irish wrote:
110 and 115 for his of 5'8 and 5'9 is skinny.

you are afro american or something.  dont fall for the foolishness of weight and height and losing.  you cant help it.  its your jeans.  Tyra is not that small.

She was when she started. In fact, she was smaller.

Like it or not, this foolishness is part of the industry she's looking to get into.

Feb 21 06 12:50 am Link

Model

SarahSVET

yes it is skinny but she asked what the runway/fashion models weight is usually and thats what it is..yes tyra is no longer "skinny" as she use to be but she can get away with that now because she is who she is. If you saw her when she first started she was a very thin girl. Being white, black, asian..there is no difference fashion agencies will almost never tell you that you are too skinny.

Feb 21 06 12:50 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

So what's the average weight for men?

Feb 21 06 12:52 am Link

Model

amanda Irish

Boston, Georgia, US

i dont know what agency you when to girl, but you are not to big and you can do runway.

Feb 21 06 12:53 am Link

Model

SarahSVET

well how bout you just go to some agency websites and look at the girls there, look at what they look like and what their stats are. Then you'll know for sure.

Feb 21 06 12:58 am Link

Model

amanda Irish

Boston, Georgia, US

me im to big, but for the girl that asked the question in the beginning. she does not have to lose any weight at all.  look at her status.  she is good

Feb 21 06 01:00 am Link

Model

Adrienne S

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Thank you all for shedding some light on that for me.For those that have been to an open call at a major agency,what do I need to do to prepare,and what can I expect when I get there?This will all be new to me.

Feb 21 06 01:02 am Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

whatever you do-do not go to extremes for weight loss.
i am recovering from bulimia.
it mainly matters how your face looks and the standard had now changed.
fit is in. toned girls get more work than deathly skinny girls.
stay healthy.

Feb 21 06 01:08 am Link

Model

amanda Irish

Boston, Georgia, US

its like either they want you of they dont.  prove to them why they need you.  i know you can do it.  you are beautiful.

Feb 21 06 01:10 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Adrienne S wrote:
For those that have been to an open call at a major agency,what do I need to do to prepare,and what can I expect when I get there?This will all be new to me.

Be prepared for rejection...be prepared for harshness...  Bring a few shots of yourself either 5x7s, polaroids, or if you have a book put together already, bring your book along.

Read this: https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=28753

Feb 21 06 01:17 am Link