Model

amber jo

Maplewood, Minnesota, US

my goal in life is to be a victorias secret model... big dreams, i know. BUT, i have size 32A boobs. i am pretty petite anyways, (5'4, 108 lbs), is it even possible for me to achieve this dream or should i just stop trying now?

Feb 21 06 02:10 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

if you're saying you want to do Victoria's Secret catalog, it might be tough for you, both height-wise and breast-size wise... notice most bras from VS are 34 and above?  And, if you were a 5'4 and a 34B or C, you'll start looking un-proportionate at 5'4"...

Feb 21 06 02:14 am Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

On one hand...people DO pay to see Paris Hilton in Maxim and she's only a 32A. Granted she's Paris Hilton, but at the same time, it's a matter about having confidence about what you got.

Victoria's Secret more than likely won't happen, but if shooting those style of pix makes you happy, I wouldn't let boob size stop you.

I know I'll never be a high-fashion model, but I still do fashion shoots from time to time just for fun. They won't end up in my book more than likely, but I like the creativity behind the shoots.

Feb 21 06 03:20 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

There's more to being a fashion model than how big your boobs are.

Feb 21 06 03:21 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Someone say b(.)(.)bies smile

Feb 21 06 03:23 am Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Aimercat wrote:
On one hand...people DO pay to see Paris Hilton in Maxim and she's only a 32A. Granted she's Paris Hilton, but at the same time, it's a matter about having confidence about what you got.

You couldn't pay me any amount of money to see Paris Hilton in a magazine or in person...

Feb 21 06 06:15 am Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Like what was mentioned though be confident with what you have.  I've been to a few strip clubs and honestly I've observed some girls with implants look ridiculous.. Not saying all do but some do. While the ones that were natural and on the small side height & chest size looked soo much hotter in my personal opinion. Just like any girl all natural looks hotter in my opinion.

Feb 21 06 06:18 am Link

Photographer

John Pringle

New York, New York, US

Lots of high end catalogs houses are going for the matured commercial model at the moment, not a lot of newbies there. You might best do to get some editorial work under your belt.

Feb 21 06 06:24 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

JM Dean wrote:

PMSL!!

Feb 21 06 10:17 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

JM Dean wrote:

And then we get into trouble.

amber jo: You need to expand your vision or your cleavage.

Feb 21 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

EL PIC

Austin, Indiana, US

VirtuaMike wrote:
There's more to being a fashion model than how big your boobs are.

Its not the size but what you do with it !!

Thought you girls knew this - lol

E L

Feb 21 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Fotographic Aspirations

Long Beach, California, US

Many photographers (myself included ) do not believe boobs are everything, I measure the value of a model based on the smile that radiates from her heart, enthusiasm, and overall look.  Your a very attractive young lady that will do very well - just follow your dreams !

Frank

Feb 21 06 10:28 am Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Winona, huh?  I get there once in awhile, as my brother and his family live there.

Here's the deal.  To be a VS model you first have to be a fashion or fashiony model.  That means you have to start at 13.  You have to be in the (real) industry and have what it takes, meaning a professional walk, the right figure (busty fashion), the right location, etc.  Same as Sports Illustrated models.  Both hire known fashion models.  And turn them into glamour models.

And both are sort of cheesy, VC being a mid-level undergarment company with good marketing and the other having once been a men's sports magazine.

-Don

Feb 21 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

there's a lot of respectable work out there for lingerie models, and even if you don't get to that pinnacle of being a VS model, there's still lots of ways to get good fulfilling work in that similar field.
there are probably 10000000 women who look good in VS lingerie, but only a couple dozen who get paid to wear it for their catalog.
so don't "give up", but don't be afraid to modify your goals either.

Feb 21 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

amber jo wrote:
my goal in life is to be a victorias secret model... big dreams, i know. BUT, i have size 32A boobs. i am pretty petite anyways, (5'4, 108 lbs), is it even possible for me to achieve this dream or should i just stop trying now?

I guess no one will tell you what you need to hear.
Amber Jo, I seriously doubt you will ever be a Victoria Secret's model, and here is why.

1. You are shorter than the models they use.
2. You are correct in your assessment that your breast size is an issue, and even if you get implants to make you much bigger, it will still not help because the proportion will be wrong (see number 1 above)
3. You are already 18 years of age, and are not established in the industry. by time you do get established, you will probably not be of the age they tend to use for new models.
4. You are competing with a ton of other models that look as good as you do, have the height, have the breasts, and are already established, therefore the odds are already skewed against you.

Having said all that, you are better off considering other work within the modeling industry.
Print / Catalogue is a good field. Also, if you are willing to pose in lingerie (or if youa re willing to pose nude) there are other markets available in those fields, there are lesser lingerie catalogues / sites, there are art nudes sites / photogs. etc...

Your breast size does not matter for those, and a lot of times is actually a benefit to you.

So, Yes, If I were you, I'd forget about VS. But NO, DO NOT GIVE UP ON MODELING!!!

Feb 21 06 01:51 pm Link