Forums > General Industry > Models that lie about their age.

Photographer

KF Photography

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

If you know that a specific model is not 18 and states that she/he is, should you inform other photographers?
I know legal ramifications are always a concern and vary from country to country, or state to state, so how concerned should we be about misrepresentation?

KF

Feb 21 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

yepper

Feb 21 06 12:21 pm Link

Model

Modell T

San Diego, California, US

As a model and a mother of a teenage daughter, I would hope that you would feel ethically compelled to notify other photographers, etc. of a model that is under-age and lying about it.  I would not want my daughter modeling without my consent and protection.  Also, in my experience, I have had to give photo-ID before signing a model release...might be a step to consider before shooting?

T

Feb 21 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

If you know someone is lying about being under 18 here, let the moderators know.  The legal rammifications aren't something we want to deal with. 

BD, MM Moderator

Feb 21 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Damn!  I thought this was about the thread: https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=31079

So this actually is NOT a discussion about claims of being older than you are.  Well. . .I would think that it would depend on the rules of the state.  Here. . .you only have to be 18 to be naked so a 17 year old model I guess is fine if she's working it on the side (like TFP or whatever and not signing a "contract" for work).  Unless of course you view the release as an actual contract, in which case it would ultimately be null b/c a minor signed it.  Dang. ..forgot my point.

Feb 21 06 01:19 pm Link