Forums > Photography Talk > Stop Being So Negative!

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Stop Being So Negative!

Easy as it is we can be drawn into some of the post that tend to be so negative, is it worth all the stress to place yourself in this struggle we all have within the industry. This site should be looked upon as a resource, for at times we tend to see ourselves as ego driven indivuals trapped into our own makings. As artist, I do mean both photographers/models we always want to be the best at what we do. Yes! We are all at different levels of our craft, so why not share that which would make us all better together as a whole. From this site I can listen to a shooter in Calif., tell me something I am unaware of to the model in London that so moves my soul. I can only be enriched by this body of creativity, that I will always show my best to this  group of artist I share my ideas & thoughs with. We will always have doughts about things, but isn’t that part of the nature of being human. I can only share my own experiences with others, from the failures to the excitement of a image. So! In my parent voice, embrace what is good about each of us and watch as the growth will bring us all to that point of greatness.

Jun 22 05 06:48 am Link

Photographer

S19

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Exaclty!

Enjoy while creating art :-)

Jun 22 05 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

The Voice of Reason Speakth the truth here.
Amen Alex!

Jun 22 05 08:57 am Link

Photographer

nick latino

Tucson, Arizona, US

Alex and others remember it is much easier for people to be negative towards another rather than offer any words or encouragement or support.

Negativity allows them to feel better about themselves.  While being supportive and encouraging towards someone else will make that person feel good instead.

I personally would rather feel good because someone else enjoyed the time they spent with me rather than my feeling good alone.

Jun 22 05 10:50 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hey, wait a minute, bucko!!!!

Until this "Digital Revolution" came along, it was a photographers main duty to get negatives (unless they were using slide film, of course)!

Jun 22 05 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

Hear, hear!!

It always frustrates me that something as fun and beautiful/interesting as art can become so contentious. Everyone's got to follow their own muse and it's weird (to me) when someone feels they need to bash someone else when they're doing pretty much the same thing.

I guess we'd all rise up and smite if someone started posting anti-photographer/anti-model stuff here, huh? So isn't it silly that within even a small community we've got anti-digital/anti-film/anti-GWC/anti-pro/anti-ho/anti-this/anti-that?

mjr.

Jun 22 05 10:58 am Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 
anti-GWC

WHAT?! Whattid I do to you?!?

GWC!

Jun 22 05 11:02 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

No.

Jun 22 05 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 
Hear, hear!!

I guess we'd all rise up and smite if someone started posting anti-photographer/anti-model stuff here, huh? So isn't it silly that within even a small community we've got anti-digital/anti-film/anti-GWC/anti-pro/anti-ho/anti-this/anti-that?

mjr.

this reminds me.  I hate bush/cheney.

Jun 22 05 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by KM von Seidl: 
this reminds me.  I hate bush/cheney.

I positively agree...

Jun 22 05 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I hate people who write overly pretentious items while notleavingspacefortheeyeto relax.

Give us some space to read.

Jun 22 05 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

As I said in another thread, some people love drama.

They love to stir things up. They love to make their own lives difficult and stressful and tense and argumenative.

And 99% of those people will deny it. But they LOVE it or they wouldn't continue to make choices which perpetuate their own petty melodrama.

The other 1% are the sociopaths who will at least admit (to their shrinks and within the deep recesses of their own psyche) that they get off on it.

So, take some comfort in knowing that any "negative people" posting threads on controversial topics and growing indignant about things are all LOVING it. That is why they do it. Even though they will NEVER admit the truth, it truly IS fun to them. Makes them feel important.

Let them have their fun. And don't take any of it too seriously.

Jun 22 05 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Alex Alexander: 
...(snipped)...In my parent voice, embrace what is good about each of us and watch as the growth will bring us all to that point of greatness.

I'm feelin ya on this Alex. Real deep my man.

*...!cough! !cough!...passes the Mayhem Bong to the next guy*

Jun 22 05 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 
*...!cough! !cough!...passes the Mayhem Bong to the next guy*

Finally...

*glub glub glub glub glub*

Jun 22 05 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Amelia G

Los Angeles, California, US

Amen.

Jun 22 05 11:55 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
As I said in another thread, some people love drama.

They love to stir things up. They love to make their own lives difficult and stressful and tense and argumenative.

And 99% of those people will deny it. But they LOVE it or they wouldn't continue to make choices which perpetuate their own petty melodrama.

The other 1% are the sociopaths who will at least admit (to their shrinks and within the deep recesses of their own psyche) that they get off on it.

So, take some comfort in knowing that any "negative people" posting threads on controversial topics and growing indignant about things are all LOVING it. That is why they do it. Even though they will NEVER admit the truth, it truly IS fun to them. Makes them feel important.

Let them have their fun. And don't take any of it too seriously.

You are so right about that! My mom always said to me, "Misery loves company" And alot of people in here are running a pretty big corporation lol

Jun 23 05 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Ed Nazarko

Lebanon, New Jersey, US

As a truly great creative mind once told me, there's more power in "and" than there is in "or."  I'm mildly amused by the combative threads, but live for the ones here and elsewhere that consist of people banging on concepts together to create something big and interesting. 

Complexity rules.  Simple minds drool.

Jun 23 05 06:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Jun 23 05 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Posted by Reese: 

Jun 23 05 07:27 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Jun 23 05 09:51 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A good time to be Negative:

"The results of your HIV/Aids test are in..."

Jun 23 05 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ouch My Eye

Seattle, Washington, US

I agree whole heartedly.
Positivity is awesome.
But...I would love constructive crit. as well.
A pipe dream I guess.
Considering that some schools in the US are banning teachers from using red ink. Saying that it is to negative for the sensitive and growing minds...
Well I love the positive, but the red ink is more helpful...I think.
Good to keep up grounded...great post.

Jun 23 05 09:06 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

shoot, I would love any type of criticism at this point. Constructive criticism is better than none at all...

I like to be a positive person, but I also speak my mind when ticked off, or just having "one of those days."

I can be a princess or a diva...it all depends on how I feel that day...lol

Jun 23 05 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

tedpowerphoto

Toronto, Iowa, US

idiots.

Jun 23 05 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Is very Radd!!

Jul 06 05 09:11 pm Link