Forums > General Industry > Beauty Shot as a Headshot ? Yes, No, Why.

Model

Model Klau Dia

Los Gatos, California, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
Huge difference. 

Beauty focuses on your jawline, eyes, ears, hair, etc etc.  That's why I don't like beauty shots with your hands in the main frame because it distracts from the focal point.  Which is your beautiful face! ( I know I have one in my port on here but it doesn't seem to be good enough for my real model book but my real model book is boring and that's what the clients like....''boring''.....so they see the real you )

Headshot is mainly for actors because it shows personality.

You were right on the money!

Don't merge the two.  Your booker will laugh.  Wait they tend to laugh at every picture.  Nevermind!  smile

Thanks Diana!
smile

Feb 24 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

DeBoer Photography wrote:
Klaudia,

Have you checked out this site:

http://www.headshot-photography.com/index.htm

Best wishes.  Be sure to let us know how it goes.

- Denoy

Kevyn is hands down the best and I personally know several actors that got many much more work auditions/ etc... once they used his shots....

Feb 24 06 11:48 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

.: Klaudia :. wrote:

It's not that I don't have the resource I just can't decide how to perfect the look I need.
Thank You for the heads up. You never know, maybe the right photographer is under my nose and I havnt seen him/her yet. I will browse the site in case. smile

I would stick to the one that is posted that you think the lighting isn't desireable on. It's actually a really great shot. Aside from the lipstick, the make-up is great and the lighting is great. Use a matte or semi gloss lipstick. It's just a really natural, comfortable shot.

Feb 24 06 11:56 am Link

Model

Model Klau Dia

Los Gatos, California, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:

I would stick to the one that is posted that you think the lighting isn't desireable on. It's actually a really great shot. Aside from the lipstick, the make-up is great and the lighting is great. Use a matte or semi gloss lipstick. It's just a really natural, comfortable shot.

Thats what I think also.
If I redid that shot with gloss and less liner on the eyes and brows, changed it to color (or at least had the option of color), created a verticle comp, took my hand out of the picture, it could work.
smile Thank you for your advice.

Feb 24 06 12:29 pm Link