Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > HIGH PROFILE case LAWYER needed inSEX w/MINOR case

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

If you have read or commented in the forum thread "Is MySpace at fault? My son arrested for sex crime", and you have access to a good private attorney that may be willing to take a high profile and possibly law changing case, please let me know or have them contact me immediately. It may help to direct them to the original thread to see what the populace is saying about this situation ("Survey says...."). This case, if it goes to trial will be held in the Tampa Bay area. We really can't do this without help and it's an important case in which the outcome could affect countless thousands of young people’s lives.

While we have obtained a lot of support from the original thread and many lives have been touched in a positive way, we are becoming increasingly aware of the down side of such public debate, as it may reflect on to my son’s case  in a negative way. It is my son’s feeling that if it helps to make people more aware of what their children may be doing on the internet and in some way may even help to save a life, he’s willing to step out on the limb. We both believe awareness is the first step toward change and in this way exposure like this is beneficial to others who may be potential victims of such injustice. I’m hoping by bringing this situation to the light that my son doesn’t become a casualty in the process of change. In that way I am a contributor and will bear a huge burden. I guess what I’m saying here is that part of me would like to see this debate quietly shut down  but in reality it may be like a snowball rolling down hill. We’re committed now so we must find and retain A GOOD LAWYER. I know a lawyer is going to tell me to SHUT UP and QUIT TALKING and I may have already said too much; I hope not. There are two sides to this and every story and eventually both sides with get their chance to speak. I think the time for that is good and fast approaching. I hope someone reading this can help direct us to good affordable legal counsel.  My heart felt thanks to everyone who has stepped up to voice their opinions and beliefs in this important issue~!!  CS

Feb 24 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

WestWoodStudios

Really this is not a model mayhem issue???? it is a myspace issue, an perhaps needs to be posted there. Unless you feel there are sex offenders on this site, I am sympathetic to your plite but i ohnestly think this is the wrong place to post your greiveing,issues.Maybe you think this is a myspace type of site also? not sure what your looking for. I also think this is a private matter for your son and family and not sure you should be airing your dirty laundry in the public eye. I am suprised the mods would allow this as it has nothing to do with this site.

Thankyou
RT
WWS

Feb 24 06 01:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

Half the stuff we talk about has nothing to do w/ this site, that's why he posted it in the "Off Topic" section of the forums.

Feb 24 06 01:28 pm Link

Model

Zach Jim

Waco, Texas, US

that's why it's in an off topic disscussion forum, because it is is not a topic pretaining to models or photographers.... there is also a post about cheese here.... should that be moved to www.dairyproducts.com?

Feb 24 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I'd still like to see a link or two to newpaper stories about this case and I'd also like to see the girls myspace page.

Paul

Feb 24 06 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Did someone lock the original thread? This seems an awful lot like a duplicate thread, but I am not going to lock it right now.

Feb 24 06 01:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

WestWoodStudios wrote:
Really this is not a model mayhem issue???? it is a myspace issue, an perhaps needs to be posted there. Unless you feel there are sex offenders on this site, I am sympathetic to your plite but i ohnestly think this is the wrong place to post your greiveing,issues.Maybe you think this is a myspace type of site also? not sure what your looking for. I also think this is a private matter for your son and family and not sure you should be airing your dirty laundry in the public eye. I am suprised the mods would allow this as it has nothing to do with this site.

Thankyou
RT
WWS

I am pretty sure there are sex offenders hanging out here. This thread is probably more relevent then most.

Feb 24 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

James Waynauskas

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I read the other thread... and if something that big was going on in my family...the last thing I would of thought to do was go on model mayhem and post about it... I mean whats the logic there... I'd be on the phone w/ lawyers immediately...

Feb 24 06 01:39 pm Link

Model

Zach Jim

Waco, Texas, US

if you are 18 and over you can actually be arrested and charged for having a minor in your car, house, trailor,rv, etc without parental consent... at least in texas.... my mom is an attorney for CPS

Feb 24 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul Ferrara wrote:
I'd still like to see a link or two to newpaper stories about this case and I'd also like to see the girls myspace page.

Paul

I would like to see that too. Mostly becuase we only see one side of the story here as presented by accused boys father. As other people, I also do feel for you and would not want to find myself in any such situation. However, we don't know what has really been going on. We are presented the facts here and get them pictured as if the girl was the evil one and the boy is a victim of it all. I wander what will these poeple think who offered their prayers and stuff, if it happens to be proved that the boy was in fact sex offender and a predator and wanted to feast on a 13 years old flesh. I'm not saying this is the case and I hope the real guilt will be found and punished. I'm just saying that at this point it is early to say where people's prayers belong. Don't be premature, folks wink

Feb 24 06 01:52 pm Link

Model

Zach Jim

Waco, Texas, US

we'll all feel a bit silly then, eh?

Feb 24 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:

Paul

We can't provide you with these things for these reasons. First we are not trying to present my son's case here but we are trying to obtain good legal counsel that we cannot afford to hire. Hopefully a good attorney will want to take the case for its potential to be historically significant. Another reason is that the least said pertaining to the actual case and evidence or discoveries, the better. Eventually you will all read about this in the papers and hear about it on the news. Your questions will be answered then. Now, does anyone here know a good lawyer???

Feb 24 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Craig,
I think this is the smartest move you have done so far. smile

I have a couple of friends and some relatives in TB area, I will ask them about lawyers they know.

Feb 24 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

MartinCoatesIV

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

Your looking for a criminal lawyer here. Your an idiot. Excuse me this is my first negative, nut dude pick up the yellow page, check some legal websites, contact a professor at the nearest law school. But for the love of all things non-retarded  DO NOT look for a criminal lawyer on a model site!

The best you could possibly be find here is some civil legal advice on how to write shoot contracts.

Are you dense or is all of this some big spam/scam game your getting a laugh out of?

I don't mean to demean your position nor purely offend, But your soon could get titled a child sex criminal, that tag follows im to every neighborhood he lives in for 25 years (LA law). And you want to know if one of us know a good lawyer. God have mercy on this poor kid if that how he find legal represenatation (misspelled to make it really long and lighten the mood slightly, LOL).

Regardless this a serious subject that has nothing to do with model go find a good LAW forum to discuss this.

Feb 24 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

MartinCoatesIV

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

2 to 1 odd i get more replies to that rant than anything else I've ever posted here.

Feb 24 06 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

MartinCoatesIV wrote:
2 to 1 odd i get more replies to that rant than anything else I've ever posted here.

I'll take that bet!

Say... A dozen donuts... I have some cops I need to bribe big_smile

Feb 24 06 02:13 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Ty Simone wrote:

I'll take that bet!

Say... A dozen donuts... I have some cops I need to bribe big_smile

cute smile

To the OP, if you're trying to keep the details of your son's case quiet (which is what you *should* be doing anyway) youprobably should have thought twice before writting the initial thread. *sorry*

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm sorry for what you're family is going through and I wish you the best. But I'm have to side with the people who are telling you to crack the yellow pages open. It'll do you a world of good.

Feb 24 06 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Craig,
Like I stated on page 1 in your original posted thread, I would try Barry Cohen. He is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the state. He is based in Tampa.

Cohen, Jayson & Foster, P.A.
201 East Kennedy Blvd., Suite 1000
Tampa, FL 33602

(813) 225-1655

Hopes this helps.

Feb 24 06 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Icecold Images wrote:
Craig,
Like I stated on page 1 in your original posted thread, I would try Barry Cohen. He is one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the state. He is based in Tampa.

Cohen, Jayson & Foster, P.A.
201 East Kennedy Blvd., Suite 1000
Tampa, FL 33602

(813) 225-1655

Hopes this helps.

Thanks for this info. I'll call him now.

Feb 24 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Seriously, to you are asking advice for 18 year olds!
What are you nuts. taake your ass to a lawyers office.
Next you want medial advice  from MM!

Feb 24 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Kitapanda wrote:

cute smile

To the OP, if you're trying to keep the details of your son's case quiet (which is what you *should* be doing anyway) youprobably should have thought twice before writting the initial thread. *sorry*

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm sorry for what you're family is going through and I wish you the best. But I'm have to side with the people who are telling you to crack the yellow pages open. It'll do you a world of good.

Did you ever respond to my offer of a bowl of apples at our shoot when you come to shoot with me which you have not agreed to yet but I am trying to bribe you with apples to agree to and.....

smile I love to ramble like that big_smile

Feb 24 06 02:40 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Craig Seay Artistry wrote:

We can't provide you with these things for these reasons. First we are not trying to present my son's case here but we are trying to obtain good legal counsel that we cannot afford to hire. Hopefully a good attorney will want to take the case for its potential to be historically significant. Another reason is that the least said pertaining to the actual case and evidence or discoveries, the better. Eventually you will all read about this in the papers and hear about it on the news. Your questions will be answered then. Now, does anyone here know a good lawyer???

for not being able to say much about it, a lot has certainly been said:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=31674

Feb 24 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

MartinCoatesIV wrote:

I hope you do. Maybe you'll feel much better about yourself if you can boast of this. Personally I'll file your insults and attacks on my personal character with all the others I've had to endure to get good recommendations from my friends here in MM. I'd like to report that my mailbox is filling up with recommendations of attorneys, some of them well known, some of them being recommended by associates and family members, some of them being contacted right now on my behalf by these same MM members. I'd say that's better than fumbling through the Yellow Pages. As far as you calling me an idiot, maybe I am, but this idiot is getting great results. Next time you need a high profile lawyer that will offer his services in exchange for media exposure, I'd recommend you look in the Yellow Pages, flip a coin, then call whoever.

Feb 24 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Thanks for this info. I'll call him now.

ATTORNEY FOUND~!! Many thanks to ICE COLD IMAGES~!! Let's keep in touch ICE. Friend request on the way. You're awesome~!!

Feb 24 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Next time you need a high profile lawyer that will offer his services in exchange for media exposure

Slim chance.  Lawyers have to eat too.  And cases take a lot longer than an hour or two spent taking crotch shots of models.

I still think you should point us to one or two of the stories that have been published and the girl's myspace page.  The first is already public.

Paul

Feb 24 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

not to change the subject, but i still cant beleive that the prosecutor has nothing better do to down there.

not to trivialize anything, but 'back in the day' (back when my hair was short, i was a wise old sport, wore pointed shoes....) it was perfectly normal for a 19 y/o 'boy' to date a 16 y/o girl. i mean the girl's parents would go to bed and you'd say we're gonna sit here on the sofa to finish watching the movie (then they would say ok, but you have to go home by midnight, and you said 'sir yes sir' ) and as soon as they closed their door upstairs the clothes started flying off.

other times, if the police actually bothered to get out of the their squad car in 'lover's lane' or at the submarine races, they didnt pull you out of the car and check everyone's ID, they tapped on your window (which was all fogged up so you couldnt see inside) and you politely said 'just a minute officer' to put your clothes back on, AND THEY GAVE YOU THE MINUTE, then they told you to move along, and watch out for 'son of sam'.

it was part of growing up, and part of learning, sometimes you had good experiences and sometimes you had not so good experiences, but nobody labeled them or called them crimes.

Feb 25 06 12:00 am Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Your son phuked up. You are doing nothing to help his cases by whinning on a net forum, you  (he) need a serious criminal lawyer. Yes, he will tell you to "shut up" and he'll be right. Do you realize that what you have said in these posts constitutes an admission that  your son is guilty? What you areposting could end up as evidence against your son in his trial.

SHUT THE PHUK UP AND GET A LAWYER!

Feb 25 06 12:19 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Always remember the burden of proof is on the state and one big thing from
what I gather is that she (the girl) lied in her profile.  However as several people
said this isn't the best place to ask this kind of question.  That said it did
work.  I'm also surprised any D.A. would take this crap anywhere.  At some
point you will get a offer to reduce this from a felony to something very small.
Well at least I think so.

Feb 25 06 12:28 am Link

Photographer

csART

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Feb 25 06 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Doug Lester wrote:
Your son phuked up. You are doing nothing to help his cases by whinning on a net forum, you  (he) need a serious criminal lawyer. Yes, he will tell you to "shut up" and he'll be right. Do you realize that what you have said in these posts constitutes an admission that  your son is guilty? What you areposting could end up as evidence against your son in his trial.

SHUT THE PHUK UP AND GET A LAWYER!

Yesterday we found and secured a serious criminal lawyer as a result of posting this thread. He is a very high profile attorney having won several cases that drew national/international media attention. My best friend George is a Yale grad lawyer but he wouldn't have been able to help us with this type of case so we took this unorthodox approach to finding a media savvy attorney who might take the case at no cost to us. We wouldn't have found this lawyer by opening the phone book and flipping a coin. I have been very careful not to directly quote my son in these threads and our attorney seemed to like this survey; at least he wasn't upset or deterred by it. I believe this thread may have convinced him of the potential public outcry for a change in the current set of laws that are in place. Once my son's case is settled we are going to be flooding the media with my "whining" and interviews with other victims of this injustice who have come forward as a result of this forum thread. My sincere thanks to all who have recognized the love and spirit behind what we've done and accomplished here. As for those in these threads who have treated us with contempt and name calling we hope that you will eventually appreciate that we found great legal representation and eventually we may have spared countless thousands of young victims by bringing this situation to the light. Yes, my son and I are stepping out on a limb here (although what I say here are my own words and not his), but many lives have been touched in the last few days as my mailbox is full of testimony and support with offers to help. Maybe parents of teenagers reading these threads will also be more aware of what their children may be doing and in this way it is a good thing we’ve come here with this message.

Feb 25 06 11:10 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

ATTORNEY FOUND~!! Many thanks to ICE COLD IMAGES~!! Let's keep in touch ICE. Friend request on the way. You're awesome~!!

Craig,
Glad to hear he is taking your case. Keep in touch and let me know how it works out for you and your family.

Andrew

Feb 25 06 11:33 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Icecold Images wrote:

Craig,
Glad to hear he is taking your case. Keep in touch and let me know how it works out for you and your family.

Andrew

Thank you so much Andrew for helping us out this way and yes, we will keep you up on things.
Craig

Feb 25 06 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gee...

all the know it alls that slam the poster for asking for advice about a good lawyer.....

... and despite all that..... a recommendation is provided. And it seems a good one. A personal referral of a lawyer is invaluable.

But I am sure that know it alls will continue to know it all.

Now...

In Canada we are currently debating raising the age of consent from....

.... wait for it......     **** 14 ****.

There are other issues, specifically if you are in a position of authority (teacher, coach) sex with someone under 18 is a crime.

I had always supported the two year delta age rule.

This case makes me not so sure.

I believe that if someone presents themselves as being of legal age, that should be a useable defence.

And parents of minors who present themselves as being 18 should be open to criminal charges.

Just my thoughts

Feb 25 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

Glad you found a lawyer, and good luck to you.  May Justice win, and that girl's parent's get what's coming to them, which is a sound defeat of thier crap.

Feb 25 06 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

You came to a web site where the biggest topics revolve around "am I fat" and "can I model"
for legal advice.

Hmmm.... not the best idea.  Allow me to redirect you with common simplicity:

4-1-1

A-C-L-U

Can I be any more clear?......

Feb 26 06 02:17 am Link