Forums > General Industry > NEWDAWN AGENCY LLC, based in London, UK- (Legit?!)

Model

nicci

Columbus, Ohio, US

Not sure if anyone else was emailed this. I looked them up on google and didn't get much of an answer on to wether this is a con or pro. The paid price made it a little fishy.

Recieved as following message in my gmail inbox:

This is Mr Rodney Billingsley, the project Director of NEWDAWN AGENCY LLC, based in London, United Kingdom.

One of my clients has requested for about 40 beauty models for a modelling show that will be hosted in London by next month, and the nature of the job will include:

Lingerie,
swimwear,
fashion,
beauty,
tradeshow,
fitness,
commercial print and
runway.

My Agency is contacting you to be part of this modelling show based on the statistics in your profile. Our client has proposed to pay the sum of $15,000 (Fifteen Thousand US dollars only) to each of the participating models for the modelling show which has a 5 (five) days durations. Also, an additional Up-front payment will be paid which will cover your flight tickets and other miscelleanous expenses.
If you are interested we are expecting your immediate response.
Do email me 6 (six) recent photographs of yours and Resume.
Regards.

Rodney Billingsley

Feb 25 06 01:22 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

i got that same email like 3 times

Give me a S

Give me a C

Give me a A

Give me a M

what does it spell???

and all three times were in gmail and they were all from different names but the same message body

Feb 25 06 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Legit? In a word?

NO

Studio36

Feb 25 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

nicci

Columbus, Ohio, US

I thought so wink

Feb 25 06 01:29 pm Link

Model

Angela Benedict

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

Any legitimate proposition would involve much more detail to the project and never mention compensation right off the bat.

Besides if they're an agency why wouldn't they use the models the represent rather than models in an entirely different continent?

Feb 25 06 01:31 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

splashswim

Cocoa Beach, Florida, US

A definite SCAM --- Avoid at all cost!

Feb 25 06 01:36 pm Link