Forums > General Industry > do you have to do nudes to get comments?

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Don't get your hopes too high as a photographer about views and comments - we can be the Rodney Dangerfields of the internet photography world.

Comments and views seem to run 8/1 to 10/1 in favor of models images.  I have one image that is identical to the one on the model's page.  Mine has 20 views - hers 160 or so. 

So, I take some comfort about the views and comments they receive about photos I took.

But in the end - as long as you are happy with the shots, and the model is happy with the images - - as an amateur, everthing else is just gravy anyway.

VintageV

Feb 25 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

41st post hiccup -

P.S. My most viewed and commented on image is non-nude

Feb 25 06 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Um, is that a fetish kinda thing?

I don't know, but I'm not interested in seeing his cha cha, that's for sure! LOL

Feb 25 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:
You get more comments when:

a) you are more active on the site - people know you are there and more people look at your work

b) your work moves people to comment on them

of course nakedness gets more views and probably comments - that's everyone just being human, but you don't have to have nude shots to get the comments...

True that!

I’m active on the site and yet I still get a butt load of people adding me that I’ve never talked to or have plans on meeting/working with.

I also have a butt load of comments on some of my photos, photos that are not posted on the models portfolio so they only get viewed from looking in my portfolio.

I do not post any nude photos here. You do the math.

Feb 25 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

VRG Photography wrote:

I don't know, but I'm not interested in seeing his cha cha, that's for sure! LOL

Muther of all gods. If I could shoot LP nude, I would be rich I tell ya, filthy fuckin rich....

Feb 25 06 11:37 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Answer to OP:
"Yes and no."

Feb 26 06 01:48 am Link