Forums > General Industry > makeup artist that wants to model

Makeup Artist

Anha Nguyen

Orange, California, US

i dont know if its possible, but i want to also do part time modeling and be a makeup artisit! whats your view on this?

Feb 25 06 05:27 pm Link

Model

Sardave

Abilene, Texas, US

Anha Nguyen wrote:
i dont know if its possible, but i want to also do part time modeling and be a makeup artisit! whats your view on this?

Although I'm new, I say go for it!!  I myself want to do photography as well as modeling, so I know what you mean. big_smile

Feb 25 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

go for it! smile

nothing wrong with it at all!  then you will be a double threat!

Feb 25 06 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Wonder if there's a photographer in your area that would want to help you?

ehem *cough cough*

Feb 25 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

Depending on your modeling interests, you have plenty of SoCal photogs who would probably be willing to help. (Particularly if you can help them with makeup!)

Wm

Feb 25 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Nope, nothing in our state law books about that.  Some states may differ.  But my guess is that it is entirely legal in your state. wink

Feb 25 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Hell yes!  No doubt and if they are too tarded in Cali to want to photo you come to Texas.  smile

Feb 25 06 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

Hoot

Picayune, Mississippi, US

Anha Nguyen wrote:

I'd say give it a shot. You never know unless you try. In time, the answer will probably make itself obvious. For the advertising world, to be the best at either, you'll probably end up doing only one. If it's for the world of internet modeling, doing both is certainly possible.

A friend of mine graduated from FIT as a photographer, but in 8 months she was a successful working model in NYC.

One of my most favorite MUA is also a headshot photog. She started as a fitness model (success until she didn't fit the stats), went to MU (awesome and still working), and then started photo.

https://www.fashionnyc.com/models/images/ValW261.jpg
My shot, her face and MU.

Good luck!

Feb 25 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

byReno

Arlington Heights, Illinois, US

You have looks and the body.  Plus as an added incentive for photographers to use you is you can fill in if there is a no show. smile

Feb 25 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

It would be pretty silly for anybody to say no after looking at your pics here. 

Find a photographer you like and trust, and give it you best shot.  I'd bet you would look great.

Heck, I'm just over in Riverside.  ahem ahem .  . lol

VintageV

Feb 25 06 10:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Anha Nguyen

Orange, California, US

ah im to scared, haha maybe ill do makeup for some photoshoots first and see how i like it. The last time i did a photoshoot was almost two years ago, alot has changed, including myself having a child, so i still dont have the guts to rush into modeling, and if i do im very conservitive about how im going to look. maybe... one day

thanks to everyone that replied!

Feb 25 06 11:33 pm Link