Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I found my wedding dress today :)

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

ok so my mom, my sister, my sisters friend ohh and my future step father all went into a bridal store, hehehe that sounds like a joke smile
any hoo We were just "looking" as I have only tried on 6 dresses and been in 3 stores, so I wasnt looking for "the dress" today.
But lough and behold I found it. smile it was the 2nd dress in this store and
it was exactly what I had invisioned in my head, smile it's ivory with lots of pinky colourd beads and embrodery in a dark silvergrey.has a small train and it "bussels" so beautifully. it has a corsett lase up back and makes me look super skinny.
the best part about this dress apart from making me look super skinny is it was missmarked, from $1299.99 on sale for $699. so like half price.
I had the "the dress" moment and my mom cried a bit she was so excited, my sister said "yup it has that wow factor you wanted" and my step dad was speachless, and took a whack of pictures of me in it smile
so i just wanted to tell you all, as I am bursting to tell some one ,all of my friends are out and my fiance' well i can't tell him a thing . So thanks for letting me share smile..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry smile

Feb 26 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

So....where are the "whack pictures"?

(Congratulations, by the way.  smile)

Feb 26 06 02:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

thanks the wack of pictures are on his camera at his house becasue i dont want my fieance to stumble across them smile but i found one very close to it on the web ahhh the internet,
this image has little sleve thingy but mine doesnt and the beading is pinky lavender and the embrodery is a sliver grey  heres the link
http://www.jaibridals.com/9772.html#
http://www.alfredsungbridals.com/2003/6572.html
the second link shows the back but the image is small

Feb 26 06 02:09 am Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

My condolence

Feb 26 06 02:10 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

MarkMarek wrote:
My condolence

???????????????????? w t f ?????????????????????????
umm ok what ever.

Feb 26 06 02:12 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Ooohhhhhh....that is pretty!

Feb 26 06 02:14 am Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Peterborough, New Hampshire, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:

???????????????????? w t f ?????????????????????????
umm ok what ever.

https://img1.modelmayhem.com/060225/08/44006b673fcd4_m.jpg

They are just jealous that they can't wear the dress! Igonore them and don't let anyone rain on your happiness here! smile

Feb 26 06 02:22 am Link

Photographer

Eric Blackmon

Los Angeles, California, US

Lucky you!

Feb 26 06 02:23 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

and my step dad was speachless, and took a whack of pictures of me in it smile

For future blackmale. See what your damn daughter cost me! And that was just the dress!

Also he was thinking, 699 marked down from 1200? OMG! Can’t they just get married at the court house in jeans smile

BTW, Good Luck!

Feb 26 06 02:33 am Link

Model

Dududnej384746

Pol-e H̱umrī, Baġlān, Afghanistan

http://www.ameliaclassics.co.uk/uploads/splashImage.jpg

thats teh dress i want to get when i get married. that dress will look amazing. its so beautiful!! congrats.

Renee

Feb 26 06 07:33 am Link

Model

TiffanyB

Clinton, Mississippi, US

What a beautiful dress! I am sure you will be gorgeous in it. Congratulations and many years of happiness to both of you.
xoxox
Tiffany

Feb 26 06 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Heather Cole

Fort Thomas, Kentucky, US

But lough and behold I found it. smile it was the 2nd dress in this store and
it was exactly what I had invisioned in my head, smile ..... So thanks for letting me share smile..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry smile

Congrats on finding your dress and even bigger congrats on your upcoming wedding. Many years of happiness to the both of you.

smile
Heather

Feb 26 06 11:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

JM Dean wrote:

For future blackmale. See what your damn daughter cost me! And that was just the dress!

Also he was thinking, 699 marked down from 1200? OMG! Can’t they just get married at the court house in jeans smile

BTW, Good Luck!

umm acctually I bought it , me fiance and i are paying for our whole wedding , i had a $1000 limmit for my dress, and i saved up monet by getting this one, I bought the sample dress not a brand new one, a brand new one would have cost me the $1299.

Feb 26 06 12:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

TiffanyB wrote:
What a beautiful dress! I am sure you will be gorgeous in it. Congratulations and many years of happiness to both of you.
xoxox
Tiffany

thanks I think its so pritty smile and I still cant get over how tiny it makes my waist smile not that I am a hippo or something but I aint no model. smile

Feb 26 06 12:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Heather Cole wrote:

Congrats on finding your dress and even bigger congrats on your upcoming wedding. Many years of happiness to the both of you.

smile
Heather

thanks for the nice words smile I am glad that I can share my happy news smile

Feb 26 06 12:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

ReneeFavron wrote:

thats teh dress i want to get when i get married. that dress will look amazing. its so beautiful!! congrats.

Renee

I tired on one that kinda looked like that and it was nice but once i found "the dress" there was no going back smile

Feb 26 06 12:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Timeless Photos wrote:

https://img1.modelmayhem.com/060225/08/44006b673fcd4_m.jpg

They are just jealous that they can't wear the dress! Igonore them and don't let anyone rain on your happiness here! smile

thanks so much smile hey i like the wedding shots you have, i kinda want to take some "model" shots for our album smile just becasue i look so dang skinny in this dress, i think once the wedding is over i will wear it grocery shopping and doing laundry in smile jhehehehehe

Feb 26 06 12:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Brian Diaz wrote:
Ooohhhhhh....that is pretty!

thanks smile

Feb 26 06 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i always tell my bride the best part of the wedding is getting to the day...the fact you had such a wonderful time picking your dress out WITH family members is a wonderful thing indeed...i wish you only hope and happiness in your endevours together...and if your photographer does NOT give you ALL the hi rez images on a dvd as a profeesional courtesy, DONT hire the sack o crap.

Feb 26 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Jeanette Thompson

Germantown, Maryland, US

Wow, gorgeous dress and congratulations!

I found my wedding dress of all places on Ebay.  I was just looking for styles, etc. when I came upon this dress and my brain said "That's IT!".  It ended up being absolutely perfect and I never regreted the choice.

Feb 26 06 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Malchow Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Congradulations!

Feb 26 06 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Mandy, Wow, that is one beautiful dress! Congratulations on finding it, and most importantly, on your upcoming marriage. Hire a photographer! I didn't do that for my own wedding. Now I wish I budgeted for that, even though it was very low-key. Better to hire a pro than give out disposables to your family, in my opinion. They will be too happy to pay attention and snap pics worth sticking in an album.

Feb 26 06 01:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

BCG wrote:
i always tell my bride the best part of the wedding is getting to the day...the fact you had such a wonderful time picking your dress out WITH family members is a wonderful thing indeed...i wish you only hope and happiness in your endevours together...and if your photographer does NOT give you ALL the hi rez images on a dvd as a profeesional courtesy, DONT hire the sack o crap.

well I hope that we will have a good one:) were going to costa rica for the wedding , but my step dad takes the most beautiful images, i keep telling him he should do it professionally but he likes to shot as a hobbie. so i think i will "hire" him to take most of the images. I like really candid shots just so long as my mouth isnt wide open smile

Feb 26 06 01:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Jeanette Thompson wrote:
Wow, gorgeous dress and congratulations!

I found my wedding dress of all places on Ebay.  I was just looking for styles, etc. when I came upon this dress and my brain said "That's IT!".  It ended up being absolutely perfect and I never regreted the choice.

my brain said the same thing smile
I flipped through my "wedding" book, i have all kinds of wedding stuff wripped out of wedding mags and i acctually came across my dress, i guess it was fait smile and I havent looked at another dress i like near as much smile

Feb 26 06 01:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

JenniferMaria wrote:
Mandy, Wow, that is one beautiful dress! Congratulations on finding it, and most importantly, on your upcoming marriage. Hire a photographer! I didn't do that for my own wedding. Now I wish I budgeted for that, even though it was very low-key. Better to hire a pro than give out disposables to your family, in my opinion. They will be too happy to pay attention and snap pics worth sticking in an album.

yah i think the hotel gives me one for an hour in the wedding package we are getting. but we only get 25 prints 4 by 6 prints and the negs for like $300 bucks.

Feb 26 06 01:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

faithb

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Congrats!  Love is a beeeyotiful thing!  I think I found my husband, lol.

Feb 26 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Peterborough, New Hampshire, US

ReneeFavron wrote:

Renee

https://www.ameliaclassics.co.uk/uploads/splashImage.jpg

Great photo! smile

Feb 26 06 01:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

so anybody know a good photographer in costa rica???smile

Feb 26 06 01:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jayna Marie Makeup

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Congrats, Mandy! *high five!*

Good luck with the photographer thing...everything about my wedding was perfect EXCEPT for the photographer. We had a candlelit wedding and after we walked back down the isl from saying our vows, our photographer told us his BATTERIES DIED during the ceremony and he couldnt take any more pics! We have no nice professional pics to remember our special day by.

What makes it even better is the guy said "oh yeah...I'll give you a discount cause you didnt get all the pics that you wanted"   ummm.....discount? I have to admit, he really was quite the comedian.

So yeah...I'm sure you've made enough connections through MM that you wont have to worry about my little dilemma...and again, congradulations!!! (the dress is stunning...way to go!)
*MUAH!*

Feb 27 06 02:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Anha Nguyen

Orange, California, US

congrats! i was with my friend when she found "the dress" she balled her eyes out. i guess thats the sign when you find that right dress!

Feb 27 06 03:03 am Link

Model

Grey C

San Francisco, California, US

oooo how wonderful! i tear up thinking about moments like these for people i dont even know...

i wish i were getting married....sigh

Feb 27 06 03:06 am Link