Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Bono Among Nobel Peace Prize ...

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's About Time...He's done more  to save lives without a college education then all the scientist, road scholars, politician, John Lennon,  Celeberity Protesters, Mensa members, Albert Einstien,  Wars, Peace Activist, Vegans,  ....Adam Smith, John Nash, Mother Teresa, Princes Diana...Etc...

Only Muhammad Ali  & Bill Gates can match what Bono has accomplish in humannity circles that has made a profound difference... All without a college degree....

Feb 26 06 08:25 am Link

Photographer

J Haig

Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

I thought Sonny Bono died years ago. wink

Feb 26 06 11:14 am Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Vita Brevis wrote:
I thought Sonny Bono died years ago. wink

that's why he should be honored...lol  we need less Tree's....

Feb 26 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

J Haig

Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

theedge wrote:

that's why he should be honored...lol  we need less Tree's....

Wonder if he gave a young Bodie Miller inspiration?

Feb 26 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Vita Brevis wrote:

Wonder if he gave a young Bodie Miller inspiration?

When name BONO comes up in any context, anything is possible...lol
Yes I would say Bono, he was a inspiration...

Feb 26 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

So what's it been like to work with him all these years, The Edge? big_smile

Feb 26 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Gabriel wrote:
So what's it been like to work with him all these years, The Edge? big_smile

That's a great question...Adam & Larry get fed up with Bono being way from the band, not the Late Sonny Bono, Sonny & Cher was one of my favorite shows growing up..."The Beat Goes On" great song, anyway..It's tough, Bono is vey Irish & very Guiness...That could be a problem.. I'm more St. Paulie Girl & Coors light...I pay the tab...
That's why I have the Photography gig..Bono is saving the world..
I'm saving the world, one picture at a time.

Feb 26 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

theedge wrote:

That's a great question...Adam & Larry get fed up with Bono being way from the band, not the Late Sonny Bono, Sonny & Cher was one of my favorite shows growing up..."The Beat Goes On" great song, anyway..It's tough, Bono is vey Irish & very Guiness...That could be a problem.. I'm more St. Paulie Girl & Coors light...I pay the tab...
That's why I have the Photography gig..Bono is saving the world..
I'm saving the world, one picture at a time.

Excellent reply smile Give Bono my regards - he's been one of my fave singers for many years now.

Feb 26 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Gabriel wrote:

Excellent reply smile Give Bono my regards - he's been one of my fave singers for many years now.

I'll let Bono know & let's make Zooropa 2, get a CD done in Two weeks...Larry may be mad..it's his band...lol,

Feb 26 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

theedge wrote:

I'll let Bono know & let's make Zooropa 2, get a CD done in Two weeks...Larry may be mad..it's his band...lol,

How about an Achtung Baby 2 instead? With a mix of the modern.. that would be f-in' killer.

Feb 26 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Gabriel wrote:

How about an Achtung Baby 2 instead? With a mix of the modern.. that would be f-in' killer.

That would be tough on me, because as you know, other than the song "One" all  or most of the songs were about me and my past relationship...Bono is a funny sort..I'm happy with my new wife, who Bono use to dance with during Mysterious Ways/Love Love You Baby Donna Summer song during Zoo Tour...

I've been listing to alot of "White Stripes" lately, that might upset Bono & Adam...
lol...I could sing two...And still be called U-2..lol

Feb 26 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

No, Edge, as much as I love your string work, please, don't go solo!

Look at what happened to Slash and his Snakepit... lol

Feb 26 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Gabriel wrote:
No, Edge, as much as I love your string work, please, don't go solo!

Look at what happened to Slash and his Snakepit... lol

I like "The Killers too" All the things I have done" sort sounds like"The Streets Have No Name" same chord progressions lol...

thank GOD for Slash Snakepit it gave employment to Gilby Clark and alot of session players..I think the guy from Alice N Chains too at one time...lol he was a Coor's Light guy...

U2 as a band....we have to challenge ourselves...I hope by the end of the year will have somethng out...I read all the U2 blogs too...lol

Feb 26 06 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

theedge wrote:
thank GOD for Slash Snakepit it gave employment to Gilby Clark and alot of session players..I think the guy from Alice N Chains too at one time...lol he was a Coor's Light guy...

The dead one from AIC, or the one that went on to make crappy music? lol

Feb 26 06 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

theedge wrote:
It's About Time...He's done more  to save lives without a college education then all the scientist, road scholars, politician, John Lennon,  Celeberity Protesters, Mensa members, Albert Einstien,  Wars, Peace Activist, Vegans,  ....Adam Smith, John Nash, Mother Teresa, Princes Diana...Etc...

Only Muhammad Ali  & Bill Gates can match what Bono has accomplish in humannity circles that has made a profound difference... All without a college degree....

what's a college degree got to do with it? they can't teach whats in bono's heart in any classroom. caring about other people like he does comes from within.

Feb 26 06 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

qphotonyc wrote:

what's a college degree got to do with it? they can't teach whats in bono's heart in any classroom. caring about other people like he does comes from within.

Believe it or not, a portion of society believes you need a college or university or a AA JC college degree to get anywhere in life,

My point is don't let structure or rule or advice from so-called experts(me-included) ever get in the way of what anyone wants to do...Example: Oh I need this in my portfolio: BS. or I need these skills BS... Most of the time  HR or hiring managers, talent agencys, etc.. people don't read resumes or look at someones portfolio, it's personality & projection...when it comes to the job at hand.  For every 5 people hired only 1 or 2 will be hired based on the resume & education & qualification, they do all the work, the other three will just push paper & be on MM forum & myspace & craigslist, dreaming big...instead of waiting for Dress down Thursday & Starbucks Coffee Friday in the lunch room.
thats why in a lot of cases, you will here at "The Water Cooler" why did he or she get the Job and was given a promotion: Personailty & great BS skills... just ask any politician & Rock Star.....That's my point, when the book comes out..MM Forum will be the first to know...

Feb 27 06 08:15 am Link