Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > a case for gun rights

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1141036459/Gun_Commercial

*please note: filmed in SLC, Utah...NOT the Great State of Texas.

Feb 27 06 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Guns are bad mmkay.

Feb 27 06 08:15 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

but a chic that can handle an assault rifle is BAAAD.

Feb 27 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

BCG wrote:
but a chic that can handle an assault rifle is BAAAD.

True. As long as it isn't being aimed at me though.

Feb 27 06 08:51 am Link

Photographer

J Haig

Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

Awesome.

Feb 27 06 09:34 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

and a case against (not sexy, but recent...)

What the article does not mention is that the gun was also loaded with hollow point bullets and that surgeons were AMAZED they got the kid to survive.

Teenager faces charges in Oregon high school shooting

The Associated Press

ROSEBURG, Ore. – Police identified the 14-year-old suspect in a schoolyard shooting and said today they're still trying to pin down a motive.

Police said they've filed charges of attempted murder, assault and firearms violations against Vincent Wayne Leodoro, a freshman at Roseburg High School.

Roseburg Police Sgt. Aaron Dunbar said Leodoro would be tried as a juvenile under Oregon law.

He said Leodoro is three months shy of turning 15, the age at which he could have been tried as an adult under Oregon law.

The teenager is accused of wounding Joseph Monti, 16, a sophomore at Roseburg. So far, Dunbar said, detectives haven't settled on what they believe is the motive for the shooting.

Dunbar said today that Monti had been cited on a misdemeanor charge of harassment earlier this month for spitting on a rider on a school bus. Dunbar said there was no obvious connection with the shooting.

Monti was cited and released to the school afterward, and there have been no other developments in that case, Dunbar said.

Monti was reported in serious but stable condition today at Mercy Medical Center. The day before, after a morning of surgery, he had been reported in critical condition.

The hospital reported that his surgeon believed that Monti had been shot in the back. Police said he was hit three times in the torso and his elbow was grazed, but because a shot could have hit the elbow and continued into his body, they couldn't determine exactly how many shots were fired.

The shooting came just before classes were to begin Thursday morning. Police and witnesses said they tracked Leodoro 500 yards from the south courtyard of the high school to a restaurant, where the shooting suspect was seen to put a handgun to his head before surrendering to the police.

Dunbar said investigators are examining two theories about a motive for the shooting. "That part of the investigation is ongoing, so it wouldn't be appropriate to comment on that," he said.

Feb 27 06 10:09 am Link

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Ban cars  10's of thousands are killed by cars each year than by guns.

Would you be willing to put a sign on your lawn saying:

"Anti-gun Homeowner
There are no firearms on this property."

Feb 27 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

ted kennedy got away with murder.

Feb 27 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

personally, i think libs are jest a lil crazy for being so anti gun. when the shait really hits the fan, guess who's gonna be the only ones with guns? the not-libs is who. shrewed lefties excercise their 2nd amendment rights along with all their other ones. 
the other thing is, the 2nd amendment is part of the bill of rights and should be honored & defended every bit as much as free speech, privacy, due process, etc.
it's a glorious package of rights we have- not an ala carte menu to pick and choose just those you happen to agree with.
me? i luv em all ;-)

Feb 27 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

john knight

Farmington, New Mexico, US

I agree that only responsible, law-abiding citizens should have firearms. It is the black market for firearms that should be the main focus. As an FFL holder I frequent atf.gov and read the news bullitens, you would be surprised at how many firearms are on the market for criminals.....

Guns dont kill people, people kill people.........the next time someone gets stopped by the police , blame it on the car for speeding and see who gets the ticket, you or the car........

Feb 27 06 10:37 am Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
and a case against (not sexy, but recent...)

Uh.... no.  Per that logic we should ban all Alcohol because of a recent local event where a 14 year old pushed his friend off a balcony accidentally in a drunken stupor.  Despite the fact that he was not legally old enough to possess, much less consume liquor, I don't hear much of a drumbeat to ban liqour possession from all law abiding adults over the age of 21.  We tried that social experiment once and it was a disaster, it was called Prohibition.

Feb 27 06 10:39 am Link