Forums > Photography Talk > how do you do a poloroid transfers?

Photographer

Jun

Orange, California, US

I've always wanted to do a poloroid transfer.. i think it's something fun to do. any tips? if you have any scanned images of a poloroid transfer that yould be great 2

Jun 23 05 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Arturo J

Fremont, California, US

Polaroid used to make a kit.
Here's your basic stuff:
669 film, Arches 140 LB Hotpress watercolor paper, a roller,
a small developing tray for water.
It's been so long I forget the rest...

Jun 24 05 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Eusebio Photography

Santa Ana, California, US

You will need to project your image to the polaroid too.

You can use slides and use a slide printer or shoot directly to a 4x5 polaroid back.

It's been years for me too.

Jun 24 05 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Sid Ceaser

Nashua, New Hampshire, US

Jun,

Here is a great set of directions for how to do Polaroid Transfers:

http://www.alternativephotography.com/p … sfers.html

Cheers,
Sid

Jun 24 05 07:43 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

contact Poloroid.  I am sure they would be happy to send you a book on the process,  free of charge.

Jun 24 05 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Jun: 
I've always wanted to do a poloroid transfer.. i think it's something fun to do. any tips? if you have any scanned images of a poloroid transfer that yould be great 2

1.--go to polaroid.com.  They have great ideas.  all the basic how to info.

2.--get one or both of the books on polaroid transfer by...I think her name is carr...they walk you through the steps

3.--be prepared for a learning curve.  it's not idiot proof and there is usually a bunch of non-successes before you get really good at it!

Jun 25 05 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Ed Nazarko

Lebanon, New Jersey, US

Yup, Polaroid's web site.  They have extensive info there gathered from a bunch of the folks who have made their reputations on creative use of Polaroid materials.  No matter how much you read, though, the only way you're going to be able to get consistent results is with practice.  Like many chemical processes, it's really touchy.  Humidity levels in the room, colors in the image, contrast range in the image, all have huge impacts on what you can get to work.  You have to have a real appetite for unpredictability of outcomes, being able to seize a lucky outcome and shrug off an inability to get precisely what you want.  (Yes, I'm a control freak...)

Jun 26 05 07:39 am Link

Model

Mz Nova

Portland, Oregon, US

Poloriod tranfers are fun, I did a few and ended up with a spooky picture on the photo paper of a half developed Mary (Of Nazareth? Jerusalem?)

Jun 27 05 02:16 am Link