Model

Kimmie Seely

North Liberty, Indiana, US

I'm going to look at a new car to possibly buy tomorrow.
Wish me luck.. smile

Feb 27 06 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

luck

Feb 27 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Eli Anthony

Mentor, Ohio, US

What kind of car are you looking at?

Feb 27 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Imagery by joeycee

Los Angeles, California, US

get a pontiac solstice.  it's a badass car!

Feb 27 06 05:58 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I am getting my car soon too....isn't it exciting?

Feb 27 06 05:59 pm Link

Model

jessicathedancer

Los Angeles, California, US

I hope I get my car soon, I need one!
Jessica

Feb 27 06 06:00 pm Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

Pssh, the bank won't give me a loan to buy a new car. Anywho, good luck!

Feb 27 06 08:23 pm Link

Model

Kimmie Seely

Nemi wrote:
I am getting my car soon too....isn't it exciting?

It isss exciting!  What are you getting?

And to answer the rest.  My dad is buying it as my "get outta the house" car.  thankfully.  So right now it's a tossup between two:
1.  1998 Mercedes C280 w/ 110k miles.
2.  1996 Mercedes C220 w/ 65k miles.
I think I'm leaning towards the 220.  It may be older but they look the same and it has a lot less miles.  plus a cd changer is always nice.

Feb 27 06 10:58 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Kimmie Seely wrote:

And to answer the rest.  My dad is buying it as my "get outta the house" car.  thankfully.  So right now it's a tossup between two:
I think I'm leaning towards the 220.  It may be older but they look the same and it has a lot less miles.  plus a cd changer is always nice.

Plus the 55K mileage difference is a good thing too.  German luxury cars tend to hold up pretty well anyway - especially if they are well taken care of.  I'd recommend having a trusted mechanic look over the cars as well before making any final decisions.  The one things the Germans are known for are their over the top bills when service is concerned (though the Brits are a close second.... did you know the fuel pump on a Jaguar is around $900 to replace?)

Feb 27 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

Model Klau Dia

Los Gatos, California, US

Brandon Smith wrote:
Plus the 55K mileage difference is a good thing too.  German luxury cars tend to hold up pretty well anyway - especially if they are well taken care of.  I'd recommend having a trusted mechanic look over the cars as well before making any final decisions.  The one things the Germans are known for are their over the top bills when service is concerned (though the Brits are a close second.... did you know the fuel pump on a Jaguar is around $900 to replace?)

Hahah, In the past 6 months we just spent :
* 500 on the C series Benz
* 5,000 on the V8 Jaguar
* 400 on the sport BMW

Stay Euro, it's the only way to go. You better make the big bucks to maintain though and don't think you wont have to, everone does.

Good Thinking on the c-series.
It's the most basic and economical of the mercedes.

You shouldnt have to pay more than  $5,500.oo  for one that old too in good - great condition. Anymore and you are getting scammed for being a young girl so watch out, they arent worth more than that.

Good Luck!

Feb 27 06 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Kimmie Seely wrote:

Good Luck! You will need it lol.

Feb 27 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

Kimmie Seely

Well, my dad's the one actually buying it.  He scoped out those two cars, and he has this thing that he doesn't buy cars less than 5 yeard old because they depreciate in value so fast.  Also he won't go any further than 25 miles from here, which basically means South Bend.  He's kinda weird about cars.  But he's buying it so I can't complain.

I'm just going to look at them tomorrow and make sure I can drive them, literally.  Then he'll go do all the price haggling and stuff. 

But, thankyou for the good lucks wink

Feb 28 06 12:16 am Link

Model

Kimmie Seely

As far as the maintaining it goes... I'm still in school, living with my dad so for now he takes care of all that kind of stuff.  (maybe a little spoiled.  but 10 more months..)  He makes pretty decent money, especially for rural Indiana so I think it'll be fine.  He gave my brother a BMW for his graduation so yeah, sweet.  I don't remember where I was going with this haha.

Feb 28 06 12:30 am Link

Model

Brandon Smith

.: Klaudia :. wrote:
Hahah, In the past 6 months we just spent :
* 500 on the C series Benz
* 5,000 on the V8 Jaguar
* 400 on the sport BMW

Stay Euro, it's the only way to go. You better make the big bucks to maintain though and don't think you wont have to, everone does.

I can agree with that...My BMW 325 convertible will be going in for another $800 in work done (front brakes and new bushings).  Although that is aside from the $3000 in damage some crackhead did in the parking lot of a market in Del Mar.

Feb 28 06 12:33 am Link

Photographer

John Chennavasin

Santa Ana, California, US

I'd also verify that the previous owner has the service records for the car. It looks like both cars would be due for major service (this was approximately $1,000 or so last time I checked). With proper maintenance, a Mercedes-Benz with 115,000 miles isn't that different from a Mercedes-Benz with 55,000 miles.

Don't worry about it if the C220 doesn't have leather seats. The vinyl used by Mercedes-Benz looks reasonably like leather, and lasts forever.

Feb 28 06 12:54 am Link

Model

Kimmie Seely

****Car Buying 101****

Feb 28 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Wildcat Photography

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

Too bad your Dad's not interested in a drop dead gorgeous 1955 Chevy 2d, I have one for sale here in NW Indiana.
https://www.modifiedcadillac.org/pictures/albums/userpics/10006/normal_55%20PF.jpg

Feb 28 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Wildcat Photography wrote:
Too bad your Dad's not interested in a drop dead gorgeous 1955 Chevy 2d, I have one for sale here in NW Indiana.
https://www.modifiedcadillac.org/pictures/albums/userpics/10006/normal_55%20PF.jpg

Gorgeous car.... reminds me my neighbor's 55' Nomad.  All original?

Feb 28 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Mancuso

Harleysville, Pennsylvania, US

Wildcat Photography wrote:

WOW, just WOW!!!!

Good luck with the car, though for the money you are going to spend on a used benz that is roughly 8 years old you could probably get something newer for less money, but since you are not buying it I guess you can't be to picky. Congrats on getting a new car its always fun.

I got offered to buy a 2002 E55 AMG with 14k miles on it for $24k yesterday. I know the owner of the car well and the car is flawless. The car is probably worth more ( I am thinking $10k more) and I am really considering it.

Feb 28 06 03:05 pm Link

Model

AmieS

Dallas, Texas, US

I sure hope this isnt your first car!

~ ppl that get handed thier first car tend not to respect it as much as they would if they had earned it them selves....my dad baught me a older nice one and i had to make payments to him..but then he gave my brother his used newer lexus....my brother trashed it !..and now my brother agrees with me....

But if its not a first car then good luck..hope i diddnt offend ya wink just my 2 cents as a new mom smile

Feb 28 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Kimmie Seely wrote:
I'm going to look at a new car to possibly buy tomorrow.
Wish me luck.. smile

this will help you with the decision making process:

http://www.break.com/index/dodge88.html

Feb 28 06 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

I am getting a new car tomorrow as well.  WIll be used in a future photo shoot so look for it  hehe.

Feb 28 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

KF Photography

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Photography by Joey wrote:
get a pontiac solstice.  it's a badass car!

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?phot … 13&size=lg

Here's my new baby..., only 2 weeks old. 2006 Civic SI with 200 ponys under the hood. Had it 3 days and a yuppie in a new Solstice was trying to show off for his wife at a stop light...., blew his doors off.

PS. Anyone know how to post the picture without a link?

Feb 28 06 03:55 pm Link

Model

princess_kesh

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan, US

good luck all of you who are looking for a car. i just bought another and it is so anoying. You have to have patience.

Feb 28 06 05:10 pm Link

Model

Kimmie Seely

This is my 3rd car.  My first two were old Mercury Sable's for like 1k... good first cars because I def. wasn't a good first driver lol.

Feb 28 06 08:05 pm Link

Model

AmieS

Dallas, Texas, US

KF Photography wrote:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=4171813&size=lg

Here's my new baby..., only 2 weeks old. 2006 Civic SI with 200 ponys under the hood. Had it 3 days and a yuppie in a new Solstice was trying to show off for his wife at a stop light...., blew his doors off.

PS. Anyone know how to post the picture without a link?

Vtec is overrated...I know a few mustangs i worked on with my dad that would make that look like a tonka toy wink but then again ya gotta give a chic credit for being like the chic in gone in 60 seconds:)...im a tom boy that loves speed:)

just bustin your chops i love honda~ but i do think vtec is overrated .....its a pretty car:) heheheh i just wouldnt want the payments with the economy about now wink

Mar 01 06 12:44 am Link

Photographer

KF Photography

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

I would never buy an American built or designed car. Mustangs may have all the HP in the world but they're American.

I want a fast, reliable, fuel efficient, affordable car..., the new Si foot the bill perfectly.

Mar 01 06 03:02 pm Link