Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What is wrong with inane threads?

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Stop taking yourself so seriously, off topic is off topic for a reason.

Whether it is a thread on stuffonmycat.com

or spousal abuse it is still off-topic.

Just think of it as performance art when someone starts a thread on super balls, or how to spell Snuffalubogus.

Understand that there will be threads about everything from cell phone reception to butterfly migration to mannequin desicration to spelling elimination, it is part of a community.

If you don't enjoy the thread, don't repsond. Or do.

If you are a moderator, it doesn't matter if you personally like a poster just suck it up.

That is why I am not a moderator, not really no one ever asked, but I don't know if I would be a good moderator cause I really have trouble sucking it up.

So deal with this community how you wish, but stop pretending this is a serious forum of discussion. Anyway, in the spirit of the boards:

"How much underarm hair can a girl have before it is too much hair?"

Mar 03 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I find them all inane so there.

Mar 03 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

"Hey, it's the Internet, What did you expect?" big_smile

Listen, silly threads are everywhere, in any forum. The beauty of talking to people over the Net is that you can ignore them, and they'll mostly never even know (or care!). Just click on what you like, if anything, and ignore the rest. I'm here to look at pretty pictures of pretty girls, and ask questions of the picture takers, and work with a few of the pretty girls.

Everything else happens in realtime.

Mar 03 06 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

i don't get this thread!!

Mar 03 06 02:18 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:
i don't get this thread!!

Don't worry Ian.  The cliffnotes will be posted on page 2 of off topic.

Mar 03 06 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

ThefStopsHere

Olympia, Washington, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

Don't worry Ian.  The cliffnotes will be posted on page 2 of off topic.

Are you being disrespectful by making fun of my lack of formal education??

Mar 03 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

There's no real reason for a waterslide either, but both are great fun. Enjoy the ride.

Mar 03 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Star wrote:
Stop taking yourself so seriously, off topic is off topic for a reason.

Whether it is a thread on stuffonmycat.com

or spousal abuse it is still off-topic.

Just think of it as performance art when someone starts a thread on super balls, or how to spell Snuffalubogus.

Understand that there will be threads about everything from cell phone reception to butterfly migration to mannequin desicration to spelling elimination, it is part of a community.

If you don't enjoy the thread, don't repsond. Or do.

If you are a moderator, it doesn't matter if you personally like a poster just suck it up.

That is why I am not a moderator, not really no one ever asked, but I don't know if I would be a good moderator cause I really have trouble sucking it up.

So deal with this community how you wish, but stop pretending this is a serious forum of discussion. Anyway, in the spirit of the boards:

"How much underarm hair can a girl have before it is too much hair?"

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!  Absolute nonsense!  You can't possibly be serious!!  I absolutely cannot believe you posted this!!!

I mean, c'mon, any underarm hair too much hair.  I'd think that was obvious...

:::snicker:::

Mar 03 06 03:53 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Vatican City, Holy See, Vatican City

I totally agree with star here.

I've disagreed with her before, but I think that members should be able to use these threads to express whatever.

Even the most inane threads have some creativity to them. And model mayhem is a forum for creativity.

It doesn't matter that all ideas/ threads are not great. Bad threads might inspire better threads. You can't have good ideas without a lot of bad ones first. In terms of ideas, the bad can lead to the good.
A thread might begin in a ridicolous way, but other members can develop the original post into something really interesting.

Mar 03 06 04:31 pm Link