Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Do To Make A Great Style Book?

Wardrobe Stylist

CoutureStyle

Hello

We are a group of stylist. Most of us were models a some point and time but now are looking into other ways to been in the business. We have all been to college in fashion styling, but now we are looking to build more contacts and a great book.I find it hard to get the right look on the models I see online. I have used some model from model and talent companies here in Toronto. So far my work is ok. But I would like my book to be great 1# in Toronto. But how do I do that. I do not have a lot of money to spend on paying photographer,mua's/hair and models. I looking to work with other on a TFP shoot. I have done over 20 photo shoots and I have 5 prints ad's to my name it less than a year. I'm just lost for words. I love the NYC style and over all look. If you are a stylist or fashion desinger out there I would love to hear from you

Couture Style

[email protected]

Mar 03 06 02:43 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

One reason you may have a hard time creating a better book because after reading your page, you "seam" (key word is seam) to be hard to work with.  You require this, don't want that, you must have this in order to work with me... and so on.  Your page seams unapproachable which is a reflection of you.  I've talked with some amazing photographers with nothing but tear sheets to their site and yet they seam more approachable that your site.  You may want to tone it down to work with great people who are truly down to earth.

Mar 03 06 04:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I compleatly agree with the post above.
The wording and capital letter, dont make you the most approchable first impression. smile I think you have some great images but need to work on your "people" skills. I guess some people like that sorta hoity toity stuff, but not me, and as some one who has lived in Toronto I understand the "whole I am the center of the universe" attitude and that was one reason why I left. I think you need to clam down and have more fun , life cant be taken so seriously.
So maybe edit your port and make it a little more friendlier.

but you wanted to know what makes a great port, well words are one thing and images are another. you need to wow people and also make them like you right off the bat. its all about smoosing , a "better than thouh" attitude wont get you very far..

Mar 03 06 08:17 pm Link

Model

carinacomeau

Ajax, Ontario, Canada

CoutureStyle wrote:
Hello

We are a group of stylist. Most of us were models a some point and time but now are looking into other ways to been in the business. We have all been to college in fashion styling, but now we are looking to build more contacts and a great book.I find it hard to get the right look on the models I see online. I have used some model from model and talent companies here in Toronto. So far my work is ok. But I would like my book to be great 1# in Toronto. But how do I do that. I do not have a lot of money to spend on paying photographer,mua's/hair and models. I looking to work with other on a TFP shoot. I have done over 20 photo shoots and I have 5 prints ad's to my name it less than a year. I'm just lost for words. I love the NYC style and over all look. If you are a stylist or fashion desinger out there I would love to hear from you

Couture Style

[email protected]

I'm pretty much in Pickering, so close! I'd do TFP for sure, if you're interested. smile

Carina

Mar 04 06 08:03 am Link