Forums > Photography Talk > model looking for help and management

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
so watta ya think became of the original poster of the thread? think she signed with GW already..and has no reason to return?

Did you see her tags? She's got a rather long one at the top...

Jun 26 05 07:50 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Hmmmmm...........  All I have to say..is I am freelance right now.  I know I don't want a manager.  Who knows what will happen with me.  I just keep doing what I can do!  Loves!

McKenzie

Jun 26 05 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
so watta ya think became of the original poster of the thread? think she signed with GW already..and has no reason to return?

if the site banned every gwc that imbelished his resume..there's be about 6 profiles on the site...

Jun 26 05 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by McKenzie: 
Hmmmmm...........  All I have to say..is I am freelance right now.  I know I don't want a manager.  Who knows what will happen with me.  I just keep doing what I can do!  Loves!McKenzie

(doug all of a sudden feels warm and fuzzy inside)

..."hey mac"...

Jun 26 05 08:02 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by McKenzie: 
Hmmmmm...........  All I have to say..is I am freelance right now.  I know I don't want a manager.  Who knows what will happen with me.  I just keep doing what I can do!  Loves!McKenzie

(doug all of a sudden feels warm and fuzzy inside)

..."hey mac"...

(McKenzie smiles....) Hey Doug...how are you doing?  (wink)  Can't wait to see you!!  Looks like things are getting a little rough in here...thought I would just....say something!  hehehe.  Lots of love!!!!

McK

Jun 26 05 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Mystic 7

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Looking at the ports of some of the photographers offering help I feel like I'm wasting my time, but I'm in S. Florida, I'm available, and I'd be happy to give you as many shots of whatever style/variety you're looking for. As my profile says, not looking for hookups, just offering my help. Email me if you're interested. Good luck to you.

Jun 26 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Don't know, maybe she spent the day at church and then work. I sent her an email that has not been read yet.

Mike

Jun 26 05 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Mike Cummings: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Don't know, maybe she spent the day at church and then work. I sent her an email that has not been read yet.

Mike

I haven't seen any further posts from Eric on this thread....  maybe they're...

Jun 26 05 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Posted by Mike Cummings: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Mike

I haven't seen any further posts from Eric on this thread....  maybe they're...

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Great now I have to go look at train wreck pictures to get THAT image out of my head.

Mike

Jun 26 05 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Ched: 
3) If you want a different attitude you need to get some shots outside of Florida. That state reeks of slut-glam. Come up to New York for a few days and hit a couple of art and fashion photographers for a visual attitude adjustment.

I was being sarcastic when I wrote the last one, sorry if it wasn't evident. It just sometimes seems like every Florida photographer on here has nothing but bikini shots. I know that's not all that goes on down there, but you guys do have the spring break stigma. To be fair, so does Southern California, a, um, "Baywatch Syndrome."

Jun 26 05 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

if the site banned every gwc that imbelished his resume..there's be about 6 profiles on the site...

That may be true to some extent, and I wouldn't limit it to GWCs. However, If the OP is a real person, perhaps she joined the tagger's site and is using his shout box (the site in the spam tag is an MM clone).

More to the point of your question, I'm wondering how sincere the OP was to start with, or if the question was simply an ingenious troll on someone's part....

No offense intended to the OP if they are sincere. With only one post, perhaps they just don't make a habit of coming into these forums as often as some of us.

*looks at own post count*

Jun 27 05 04:24 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

I also sent an email which is still unread. But then according to her page she hasn't logged in since the 25th which is when she made the post.

Jun 27 05 07:21 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Wish you were in AZ! I'd love to help...

Posted by Brittany Baker: 
I recentley just lost my manger due to personal problems not with him though. I am looking to change my look so bad. I was sort of stuck in this so called "stripper catagory" and want out. That is not me at all. I want to re do my whole look. I am very experienced in the glammor feild but am open to different things. I am having financial problems at the moment due to personal problems and need some help with this whole changing process. I need to get out of the slut look fast. Sure I still want to take sexy images but tasteful is what i am looking for. I know what to do sort of but am looking for photographers that are willing to shot me. I am a hard worker at providing the best quality images for you, so don't worry I am not new at this. I am willing to work my ass off! just need guidance. please help!!!email me.. thank you
Sincerly,
Brittany 

Jun 28 05 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by fugly: 

Posted by Ched: 
Ok, Brittany. I'm in NYC so I can't help you with pictures or management but what I can do is get you started trimming your portfolio and redefining your image.

2) Stop wearing light shades of lipstick, pink is powerless. Get some strong red, stop looking at the camera so much, and keep your mouth closed.

Sorry but Your images do not exactly show that you have skill or experience with working with agency models nor commercial work. 

She knows she needs to get away from the glam work but not sure if your advice or experience is very helpful.

LOL.  I'm no agency shooter but it doesn't take an agency shooter to know that if someone wants to get away from a sleeze glam image --to not have a portfolio with ton of shots with their mouth open as if ready to take in a male body part.  That an the finger suggestively poised on the edge of a lip are not only sleezy but sooooooooo overdone.

Jun 28 05 02:19 pm Link