Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > a close shave?

Model

Mandy Y

Los Angeles, California, US

i have 5 shoots lined up coming up, and I'm not sure how to get rid of all the "unwanted hair" I usually shave the day before a shoot but by the 3ed day I will have tiny stubbles showing up (under arm) , how should I get rid of that? I tried to shave that, but it didnt work!

Thanks

Mar 05 06 03:08 pm Link

Model

roflsox

Shave, with either conditioner or shaving cream, with the grain of the hair (exfoliate first - Dial makes a good gentle exfoliant that I use), then reapply the conditioner/cream and shave against the grain.  Exfoliate again, touch up any spots that aren't up to par, and you're good to go.  Have a razor in your bag for any touch-ups that you may need to do.

Oh, and use a fresh blade.  It has the closer shave.

Mar 05 06 03:15 pm Link

Model

MONIKA KOVACS

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

OK;It all depends on how hairy you are....

Wax...will never fail you. Fast to get done; hurts a little...but then you are hair free for WEEKS on end!  If you need to shave(???) use a good quality blade, like the Quattro, or the new 5 blade ones from Schiek... you can't go wrong with those. And yes, use a good conditioner for the process.

You might want to consider electrical hair removal in the long haul.

Best,
Monika

"I AM - the two most powerful words in the world, for whatever we put after them becomes our reality."
Susan Howson

Mar 05 06 03:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

if you do decide to wax make sure to give yourself a few days of cushioning before the shoot, so you can heal and the makeup artist's life will be easier.

a lot of people are doing threading for facial hair, becuase it doesnt mess up the skin's texture.

Mar 06 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

DerekJason photography

Nair.......I think thats what its called?

Mar 06 06 11:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

derek jason photography wrote:
Nair.......I think thats what its called?

you gotta be careful with nair though, sometimes it can burn the skin and leave little chunks of skin missing.

Mar 06 06 01:14 pm Link

Model

Emily L

New York, New York, US

If you use the same types of techniques for bikini waxing on your under arms (such as conditioner and dry stick deoderant) it generally gets a smoother shave: plus be sure to shave in all directions under arms as the hair grows many different ways.

Mar 06 06 05:49 pm Link