Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Body Make-up/Cover up/Airbrush

Model

Leah Ann

San Diego, California, US

Need an MUA who is very experienced in body make-up such as covering up stretch marks. Any MUAs in the San Diego area, or if anyone can refer one to me.

Any of you know a good product that will cover up stretch marks? I am doing a photoshoot this weekend and I have a few faded white stretch marks that I want to cover up. I have used MAC's full coverage AND Body Make-up, but they don't work really well... or it might just be that i'm applying it wrong.

Mar 07 06 04:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

Deyanne Holmes

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Is Cover F/X available in the U.S.? It can be purchased in (some) drugstores here in Canada, the ones who carry high end makeup. They have excellant products that cover marks and tattoos. Also Dermacolour is a good one. Covering tattos is very tricky and has to be done step by step. Mac products don't work. One of the best demos I observed was when the area was lightened up with concealer and then a matching skin tone was airbrushed over top - this gave a flawless, seamless blend of colour.

Good Luck,

Deyanne

Mar 09 06 09:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

Christopher Payne

North Chicago, Illinois, US

If they're really bad Kryolan's DermaBlend might help you out.

Mar 09 06 10:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well I learned a really old school trick from a beautiful drag queen, "she" told me to apply white liquid shoe polish to the tattooed area, let it dry then cover it with dermablend or cover fx, powder and vvwwalla its gone. smile
..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Mar 09 06 12:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Deyanne Holmes

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey, that's really interesting - probably the shoe polish isn't disturbed by the top applicaton of makeup, so the white polish is like a paint primer and then the finish coat is the skin colour!
Thanks Mandy - can't wait to try that one
Deyanne

Mar 09 06 08:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

you got it smile It like priming a wall before you paint it smile It works really well too I have covered lots of tattoos this way, I should really do a before and after shoot with this technique. smile...

Mar 09 06 08:53 pm Link

Model

Miss Aimee

Sacramento, California, US

Leah Ann wrote:
Need an MUA who is very experienced in body make-up such as covering up stretch marks. Any MUAs in the San Diego area, or if anyone can refer one to me.

Any of you know a good product that will cover up stretch marks? I am doing a photoshoot this weekend and I have a few faded white stretch marks that I want to cover up. I have used MAC's full coverage AND Body Make-up, but they don't work really well... or it might just be that i'm applying it wrong.

Leah: Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs IS AWESOME!!! Seriously you can put it on all over your body, and it covers up dimples, stretch marks, blemishes, bruises etc..... and it stays on reallly long and without smudging.......... smile I learned it from a rockin MUA. I use it in all my shoots now: I use the color called medium glow and it works AWESOME.

Mar 09 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

lovely HeatherMarie

Branford, Connecticut, US

i second the sally hansen airbrush legs, i too put it all over my body and it makes your skin look smooth as a babys butt. for stretch marks, moisturize, apply a lighter shade concealer, then spray airbrush legs all over to blend in. it really works i promise. good luck,

Mar 12 06 09:48 am Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

For my tattoo which is large I combine Dermablend with Ben Nye foundation and it covers very well! It is a matter like said in above posts of step by step techinques until you find one that works for you. But, does anyone know of a great finishing spray to keep the makeup smuge proof?

Mar 13 06 09:50 am Link