Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > So what did you think....

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

..........of the first eposode of America's next top model? I thought the idea of the "bald" headed grils was kinda interesting , I loved their faces when they told them they were going Bald.I think that some looked fantastic. I kinda thought that some of the bald paits could have been done better, but I guess they like photo shop alot on this show.
I have actually been playing with the whole crystals on the face and neck  in organic shapes some of the patterns I have actually done in a test shoot , the model wasnt very great but it is definatly worth a second look. I dont think I would get the model in a bald pait and what not but I think it was a neet idea posing with manacian heads smile
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Mar 10 06 01:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Los Angeles, California, US

I thought it was beautiful- I wish they would show more of the MUAs at work (on the face- they showed alot on the "making of the baldcap")

Mar 10 06 01:41 am Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

will they be re-airing this anytime soon? I close on wed nights and i'm more than upset that i cannot watch ANTM now. sad

Mar 10 06 01:47 am Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Some of the bald pates were reallllllly bad, but all in all, very interesting. Of course the wonders of Le Photoshop made them look perfect.

And I thought the jewels looked really tacky, some of the designs moreso than others (like on the redheaded chick, Mollie Sue).

I hope this season really steps up the photoshoots again. Last season it seemed to be only about the lesbians, and not so much the interesting photoshoots, lol. My favorite all-time photoshoot will be the 7 Deadly Sins in the grave from two years back.

I thought the MUA's for this shoot looked like students...think they might've come from one of the schools in LA?

Mar 10 06 07:59 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

AlwaysMadeUp wrote:
Some of the bald pates were reallllllly bad, but all in all, very interesting. Of course the wonders of Le Photoshop made them look perfect.

And I thought the jewels looked really tacky, some of the designs moreso than others (like on the redheaded chick, Mollie Sue).

I hope this season really steps up the photoshoots again. Last season it seemed to be only about the lesbians, and not so much the interesting photoshoots, lol. My favorite all-time photoshoot will be the 7 Deadly Sins in the grave from two years back.

I thought the MUA's for this shoot looked like students...think they might've come from one of the schools in LA?

I think that they all came from MUD. MY friend Kristin worked on the show and she got the job through MUD. I went to MUD but I HATE baldcaps.

Mar 10 06 10:10 am Link

Model

The look was priceless! I thought it was so cruel but my roommate seemed to think it was a good idea, we were both bummed when they didn't literaly shave their heads sad ahhhh the entertainment value of reality TV

I wonder what I'd look like bald wink shaved head once but not truly bald hm

Mar 10 06 10:15 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

I always wonder how the chose the "best" shot of each girl?

Sometimes you just have to think, "That can't be the best one!"

Yeah the amount of photoshop that they use on that show is insane!

But I really liked the bald head thing.  Yeah I was on edge when they told them they were going bald...haha

The group isn't that striking, though...but there is already a thread on that

Mar 10 06 10:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

yah I wish they would have shown the make-up process more but I guess it would be called Americas next top make-up artist if they did that smile nut I think that especailly for alot of these fashiony shots the make-up is a huge part of the end product. I wonder what the pictures looked like before photo shop???

Mar 10 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
yah I wish they would have shown the make-up process more but I guess it would be called Americas next top make-up artist if they did that smile nut I think that especailly for alot of these fashiony shots the make-up is a huge part of the end product. I wonder what the pictures looked like before photo shop???

Heh, they probably looked different, but not in color or lighting, just in the model. The lighting would've been close to bang on, considering the gigantic studio and equipment. I'd say A LOT of skin correcting/smoothing, eyeshadow smoothing, and eye bag/line removal, maybe some teeth whitening. And in some shots, the lashes look digital.

Go to the website and compare the bald shots to that first shoot where they only got 10 frames and had to do their own makeup and you can see. It doesn't look like they did any work on those pics. And because they had to do their own makeup with Maybeline (not knocking it, it just probably didn't have a lot of coverage), you can really see the true nature of their skin.

Mar 10 06 09:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Mar 11 06 04:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

I worked with Gina the asian model (not the best pics of MY work)- but she is sweet and does have lovely even skintone. How do I post a picture here?

Mar 11 06 04:30 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

oh- that's a good question. I have average pictures of a pseudo- famous person I could use for my own personal publicity. Shouldn't I stick to pics I think best portray my abilities and strengths?

Mar 11 06 04:35 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

uh,..., never have been much one for American television; haven't seen said show.

fml

Mar 11 06 05:15 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Nikki S. wrote:
will they be re-airing this anytime soon? I close on wed nights and i'm more than upset that i cannot watch ANTM now. sad

I missed it too but I had a date...and it was a gooood one. We got snowed in at his place...totally worth it. ;-D

What was I saying? ah yes...They're re-running it tuesday. They seem to do that, re-run the previous week's episode the day before the new one.

Mar 11 06 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Julia Gerace

Monroe, Connecticut, US

I love watching ANTM for the photoshoots alone - there's so many good ideas....(I'm actually doing beauty shots with snakes in May)   I loved the mannequin/bald head idea...(though I don't think I'll be able to recreate that in a hurry : ) )  Some really cool stuff.... can't wait to watch last nights show...I loved the 7 deadly sins as well...

Julia

Mar 16 06 07:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

I don't think the ANTM is really looking for a supermodel.  The things they do sometimes are weird.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when a model is just starting out shouldn't the photos in her book be a little more simple?  Many agency models have told me that exaggerated makeup and too much photoshop takes away from their book.

And 2 what the girls said last night is true.  On ANTM they turn alot of the black models into blondes.  I have yet to see one successful blonde black model.  And like they said most successful models if not all of them nowadays have long hair.  So why do they cut their hair so much?  I can understand a trim but to take off so many inches is weird.  The only makeover that I thought suited last night was Nnenna.  I don't think they do it in the best interest of the models.  I think they do it for good TV making.

But none of this matters because I'm still addicted to the show!

Mar 16 06 08:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

ohhh god I saw ANTM last night and finnaly the makeovers, I loved Naanaa's look she can pull it off. I wanted tosmack Jade she just woudnt shut the F#%k Up. and what was up with Furanda's list. ohh my gosh DIVA.
And now becasue of the snow shoot everyone and their dog will be doing the whole Zice and "faux" snow shoots. I had one planned but now that the show has done it I have to come up with something eles, ohhh well. this keeps me on my toes..... smile Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artisrty

Mar 16 06 01:33 pm Link