Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > waitress took my ID!

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Okay, everyone else can rant, so I want to too.

Second time this week, someone did not want accept my ID.

First time, was at Sam's Club. I am flattered to be asked for my ID, which I always am, but this woman questioned the validity of my ID, multiple times. I was offended.

Then tonight, at Olive Garden, the waitress actually took my ID, tucked it in her pocket and told me she had to scan it. Came back and stated I "passed".

This is good and all, but it is starting to get a little annoying. The women behind the counters are always looking at me stupid like "now you know you can't buy alcohol!" It is starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

So, that's my rant. Annoying, but kinda good at the same time since my b-day just past and I was feeling kinda shitty.

So I guess I'm not ranting, I'm just crazy.

CAT...Crazy Angel-Terror

Mar 10 06 09:48 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Girl, I'm glad you came to your senses! It is flattering to be carded like that. I will be sad when  the day comes I am no longer carded sad lol!

Mar 10 06 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

Awe .... here's a hug for ya!

Mar 10 06 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Angelic one..
the day will come when you will be GLAD that you look ten years younger!

so enjoy it!

you will love it when you are 40 and 50 .

say thank you to the genetic pool you came from!

Mar 10 06 09:52 pm Link

Model

Charisse D

Staunton, Virginia, US

I get this all of the time. People never believe I'm 26. I know I look young, but good lord, they act like that want to see a birth certificate and everything..lol. What makes matters worse is that I'm usually with my best friend when buying alcohol or at a bar and she's 27 and looks very young as well and we have the same birthday....people swear we have fake ID's.

Mar 10 06 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Angelic one..
the day will come when you will be GLAD that you look ten years younger!

so enjoy it!

you will love it when you are 40 and 50 .

say thank you to the genetic pool you came from!

Yep. Mellow out, baby. Enjoy it while you can. If you REALLY want to do something about it I'll give you my 15 extra pounds, mucho wrinkles and receding hairline.

Mar 10 06 09:57 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

I'm glad...but lately the suspicion in their faces has started to make me uncomfy! I mean seriously...I was like whoa! She took it and SCANNED it. Since MI started the whole barcode thing, that was the second time it had ever been scanned.

It was funny when I was 23 and people laughed and told me I looked 14. But now when people look at me like a criminal, it's kinda not so funny anymore.

smile

Hee hee...but it's still cool. smile Don't ask and that will be a whole other rant.

Mar 10 06 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Angel Tara wrote:
I'm glad...but lately the suspicion in their faces has started to make me uncomfy! I mean seriously...I was like whoa! She took it and SCANNED it. Since MI started the whole barcode thing, that was the second time it had ever been scanned.

It was funny when I was 23 and people laughed and told me I looked 14. But now when people look at me like a criminal, it's kinda not so funny anymore.

smile

Hee hee...but it's still cool. smile Don't ask and that will be a whole other rant.

I see the family resemblance - Angel Bin Ladin

Mar 10 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

they do get carried away with the carding bs sometimes though...i'm an obvious 50ish looking guy and a jerk at the duane reade drugstore on 34th st insisted on seeing id b4 selling me an $8 pack of cigarettes! so i asked him if he'd recently arrived from another galaxy or was he just an idiot ;-)

Mar 10 06 10:03 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

I see the family resemblance - Angel Bin Ladin

Shhhhh, damn it!!! Don't tell!

literally laughed out loud...

Mar 10 06 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

TREVOR GODINHO

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

hey im a guy and i get that im 23 when i got to buy booze for anythini ( no i dont drink alot jus once in a blue moon) i dont but at restaurants all the time .. so wack .. plus its embrassing if they start  askin u question on ur id

Mar 10 06 10:04 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

I turned 21 less than a month ago, and I've bought alcohol 3 times since. Not been carded once. Not sure if that's a good thing, or not O_o;

Mar 10 06 10:05 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

qphotonyc wrote:
they do get carried away with the carding bs sometimes though...i'm an obvious 50ish looking guy and a jerk at the duane reade drugstore on 34th st insisted on seeing id b4 selling me an $8 pack of cigarettes! so i asked him if he'd recently arrived from another galaxy or was he just an idiot ;-)

lol...I get carded when my mom in law sends me in to buy her cigs. I don't even smoke, and I get pissed like "it is not even for me!", like that matters! LOL. I'm just silly sometimes...

Mar 10 06 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

TEAM

Oxnard, California, US

Angel Tara wrote:

lol...I get carded when my mom in law sends me in to buy her cigs. I don't even smoke, and I get pissed like "it is not even for me!", like that matters! LOL. I'm just silly sometimes...

I forgot to have you sign the contract!  OMG!

Mar 10 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

TREVOR GODINHO

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i think its a power thing they have the power so they are using it

Mar 10 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Philip Barker

Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas

In reality Angel you should have asked the waitress for HER ID to see if SHE was 'fit' to serve YOU...

Mar 10 06 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Angel Tara wrote:
This is good and all, but it is starting to get a little annoying. The women behind the counters are always looking at me stupid like "now you know you can't buy alcohol!" It is starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

Don't be mad at them. If it makes you feel any better, you look 38 to me.

Mar 10 06 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

TREVOR GODINHO

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

prb wrote:
In reality Angel you should have asked the waitress for HER ID to see if SHE was 'fit' to serve YOU...

ya thats tru cus some waitress are younger than me .. i was at this place in toronto ( here the legal age is 19) and the girl was like 16-17 and she asked me for id ... thats wack

Mar 10 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

MarkMarek wrote:

Don't be mad at them. If it makes you feel any better, you look 38 to me.

Hee hee, joke...

yes?

Still trying to get a feel for you Mark. Mmmm, I think I'm starting to get it..

smile

I'm going to bed all. Thanks for responding. I will be back tomorrow, because you all KNOW I spend way too much time around here.

Much love!

CAT...

Mar 10 06 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I was enjoying your 1111th post, then you came along again and screwed it up. It's gonna take you another 1111 posts to get 4 same digits in your post count again. Darn woman wink

Mar 10 06 10:25 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

MarkMarek wrote:
I was enjoying your 1111th post, then you came along again and screwed it up. It's gonna take you another 1111 posts to get 4 same digits in your post count again. Darn woman wink

errrr, I'm sorry.

Women can say sorry right, and get away with it? Hmmm, dunno.

But gosh darn it, I have a lot of posting to do to make up for that! LOL

night all...

Mar 10 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

TEAM

Oxnard, California, US

Angel Tara wrote:

errrr, I'm sorry.

Women can say sorry right, and get away with it? Hmmm, dunno.

But gosh darn it, I have a lot of posting to do to make up for that! LOL

night all...

Goodnite again...

Mar 10 06 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Angel Tara wrote:
lol...I get carded when my mom in law sends me in to buy her cigs. I don't even smoke, and I get pissed like "it is not even for me!"

Why do you have to buy cigarettes for your mom? Is SHE underage?

Mar 10 06 10:29 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Why do you have to buy cigarettes for your mom? Is SHE underage?

LMAO...

that's the thing about getting older. You get the younger people to stop at the store for you!!

I can't wait for my neice to start driving! smile

Goodnight, this time I swear.

*yeah right*

Mar 10 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

Angel - new rules or least a trend in Michigan on carding for booze.  For instance, Miejers Shifty Acres cards EVERYONE.  I'm almost 60, some days I look older than 60 and I get carded for beer. 

However, you do have look of innocence about you that I can't quite pull off.....

Mar 11 06 02:13 pm Link