Forums > Critique > I'm a feedback whore

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

ok, now I've got three of belle, I just want comments...

comments....

more comments.....

heee...heee...heeee

BTW: off topic, but isn't Alan Alda a great actor. Hallmark channel is re-running M*A*S*H

Jun 28 05 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

House of DL

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

LOve M*A*S*H* the TV one... I found the movie lacking!

Jun 28 05 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

A. K. Southard

Detroit, Michigan, US

A much stronger portfolio since the last time I commented on your pics.  I commented on my favorite of the Belles.  I would pick only one of the two with the feather hat because too many pics in the same clothing can detract from your portfolio's total effectivness.

Jun 28 05 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Once Frank Burns left the show became a soap opera and went down hill. 

Burns made the show.

Jun 28 05 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I did my duty.

Jun 28 05 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I like how they were able to transition from Henry Blake to Sherman Potter though....from a goofball to an army man...and it worked

Jun 28 05 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

"all that pschological stuff,  it is all in the head"

Frank Burns

How come no dogs on that show?

Jun 29 05 12:31 am Link

Photographer

Star

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
"all that pschological stuff,  it is all in the head"

Frank Burns

the episode today had a dog. It was just one long monologue by Alan Alda, Hawkeye was injured and a Korean family was taking care of him and he was just talking... There was a dog in that episode,

Jun 29 05 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Jack Checkowy: 

Blasphemy!

Jun 29 05 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Jack Checkowy: 

OMG, it was the TV show that had to be neutered for the masses!   True the movie didn't have all the warm and fuzzy feelings the series evoked but that was its strength.

Jun 29 05 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Posted by Jack Checkowy: 

OMG, it was the TV show that had to be neutered for the masses!   True the movie didn't have all the warm and fuzzy feelings the series evoked but that was its strength.

Neutered, watch the first two seasons again. They deal with racisim, death, despair al the goodies..

Jun 29 05 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I thought the movie was marred by the fact that the climax was a football game.  It was brilliant for the first two acts, but then it fizzled out.  And I thought that book was, well...episodic.  I just makes more sense as a TV show.

I grew up with the TV show, and it's still one of my favorite shows.  My value system was highly influenced by the idea that a bottle of 12 year old Scotch is worth a case of penicillin.

Jun 29 05 06:27 pm Link

Model

Jeremy Blaine

hey a football game IS a climax baby! :-)

Jul 01 05 08:31 am Link

Model

Jeremy Blaine

MASH?? geeeshhhhhhh

The movie was actually pretty good.......If that's the one where they were golfing balls over the cliff then the helicoptors came? and did it have Donald Sutherland?

Anyways, on my TV MASH always got turned off after the theme song lmao.......the theme song was the best part.

ok ok ok the show was funny, but so what lol It was an army show ....yuck!..........Gomer Pyle was a much more funny army show! Howdy SARGE........MASH didn't have anyone as funny as Gomer :-))

oops I just got caught up in the MASH part of the discussion.

Jul 01 05 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Star

I don't find M*A*S*H very funny,

I've always wondered if Donald Sutherland was pissed at Alan Alda.

Also, did you know that Korea was actually Vietnam, but it was too close to the war and the feeling people had over Vietnam to have it set in Vietnam?

"Suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes,
And I can take or leave them if I please..."

Jul 01 05 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

What do you think they were eating?

Jul 02 05 07:10 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

What do you think they were eating?

Ok anybody seen my Dog!!

Jul 02 05 07:24 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Jul 02 05 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Star

Do you know why there is such a thing as a chow dog?

Chow means food in whichever chinese dialect named the dog.

Here edible, here edible, who's a good boy!

Jul 02 05 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Star: 
Do you know why there is such a thing as a chow dog?

Chow means food in whichever chinese dialect named the dog.

Here edible, here edible, who's a good boy!

First kept by fierce Mongolian tribes in China as a hunting and guard dog, the Chow was also used for their meat and fur.

Chow, or 'chou', is Chinese slang for edible. Will Judy, author of The Chow Chow, wrote that the name meant 'edible dog of China". Authorities claim that both Chinese and Koreans bred these dogs to be eaten, particularly the smooth-coated variety. In 1878, a British historian and authority on China claimed to have found 25 restaurants in Canton featuring chows on the menu. In 1915, a law was passed in China prohibiting the buying and selling of dog meat. The word chow means food in English, and the shipments of spices and mixed pickles from China became known as chow chow, as did a spicy pickle relish..

source

Jul 02 05 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

There is a big difference between the common practice of eating dog in most asian countries and how it is practiced in Korea.

In Korea,  the humans believe that the adrenaline will make the dog taste better and will result in more health benefits.  So they will often torture the dogs before killing them for food.

The use of dogs for food in history was a simple case of logical survival.  You bread the dogs for fur, protection, and food.  One would either sell or trade the extra pups but it did not make sense to raise many animals that were often raised and breed to be protective.  It just made sense to use some for fur and food.

Now will someone give me somemore soilent green with my large ribs.

Jul 02 05 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
The use of dogs for food in history was a simple case of logical survival.  You bread the dogs for fur, protection, and food.  One would either sell or trade the extra pups but it did not make sense to raise many animals that were often raised and breed to be protective.  It just made sense to use some for fur and food.

I don't know about the torture, but as long as they're yummy I have no problem with it.

We eat pigs (unless you're Kosher) all the time, and they are about the same as a dog except dirtier...

Jul 02 05 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I like my peoples with cajun seasoning.

Jul 02 05 06:30 pm Link