Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Looking for black paint

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

I would like to get some paint that looks like the paint in the christina millian video dip it low..I couldnt find a pic of it...Any help would be great...if you dont know what the video is..then I need something VERY black and can be written with easily on the skin...

Mar 15 06 01:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

Dee wrote:
I would like to get some paint that looks like the paint in the christina millian video dip it low..I couldnt find a pic of it...Any help would be great...if you dont know what the video is..then I need something VERY black and can be written with easily on the skin...

I don't know how to put pics on here as a comment but here's a link to a picture of the paint...somewhat visible. ^_^

http://www.mtv.com/news/photos/t/top_im … it_low.jpg

Mar 15 06 04:49 am Link

Photographer

MirrorImage Photography

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

geeze, looks like black ink

Mar 15 06 05:13 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Pazza_x_Trucco wrote:

I don't know how to put pics on here as a comment but here's a link to a picture of the paint...somewhat visible. ^_^

http://www.mtv.com/news/photos/t/top_im … it_low.jpg

YES!!! thank you

https://www.mtv.com/news/photos/t/top_images_2004/dip_it_low.jpg

Mar 15 06 12:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well this kinda looks like an oil slick, or tar. is that what you want?? you mnetioned that you want to write onto the skin? like letters?? I would sudgest  either a black Kryolan aqua colour , or a liquid body paint. The image kinda looks like it could be liquid latex , it's probably not but it might also have Ultra Slime or Ultra Wet painted over top of the black paint to make it look super slimy and really wet.
I like Kryolan the best fro a body paint. but thats just me smile
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Mar 15 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
well this kinda looks like an oil slick, or tar. is that what you want?? you mnetioned that you want to write onto the skin? like letters?? I would sudgest  either a black Kryolan aqua colour , or a liquid body paint. The image kinda looks like it could be liquid latex , it's probably not but it might also have Ultra Slime or Ultra Wet painted over top of the black paint to make it look super slimy and really wet.
I like Kryolan the best fro a body paint. but thats just me smile
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

You rock!!! now where do i buy this stuff???In the videos she is sliding around in it. its a cool idea to watch if ya ever get the chance...smile Thanks!!!

Mar 15 06 01:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

well it could be chocolate sauce with some black pigment in it that is covering her and she is sliding around in.
But if you want the products I mentioned before check out any theatrical make-up supply store they should have em.
But I must warn you the Ultra products are $$$$

Mar 15 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

well it could be chocolate sauce with some black pigment in it that is covering her and she is sliding around in.
But if you want the products I mentioned before check out any theatrical make-up supply store they should have em.
But I must warn you the Ultra products are $$$$

OH, pricey, but soooo worth it. I love Ulta products! big_smile

Mar 15 06 10:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

I have the full line of Ultra products, I splerged and bought them all, well and the store I got them at gave me a wicked deal as they were closing out and had them so now I have them. smile I love the Zice, and Smooth , Tar,and Wet ohh I love them all So worth every penny I spent on them
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artisrty

Mar 16 06 01:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Talitha Williams

Miami, Florida, US

I have heard before that it is chocolate, but i read somewhere that it is calligraphic ink http://www.popculturejunkies.com/music/ … it_low.php

Mar 16 06 02:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

Depends on your needs; Black latex bodypaint (make sure your model is not allergic to latex and a paint o get off), acryllic non toxic paints mixed with honey (doesn't dry well but looks great and washes off with soap and water or mixed with prosaid really hard to get off but staying power), kryolan body paints with the wet hair sheen spray for Afro American hair looks great too.

Let us know what you end up using and how it turns out.

Mar 17 06 12:36 am Link