Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Is it possible . . .

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

Is it possible to rent a cosmetic airbrush?  If so, can you point me in that general direction?

Mar 15 06 10:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

SmartAz Photography wrote:
Is it possible to rent a cosmetic airbrush?  If so, can you point me in that general direction?

I doubt it.

Mar 15 06 10:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

ditto, airbrushes are much too delicate to rent out.

and it takes a lot of practice to master.

Mar 15 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

SmartAz Photography wrote:

Check with your local Maaco shop.

Those airbrushes are usually much more sturdy and require less skill than cosmetic airbrushes...

It's very much recommended if you go for that one color for the whole body look... wink

Mar 15 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

I thought it just said "cosmetic brush", and I was thinking "eww, who would rent out an eyeshadow brush?"

BUT, enough with my apparent dyslexia: I'd say unless you have a friend with an airbrush who is very nice or enjoys sexual favors, or want to invest in one yourself, I'd say you're outta luck.

Mar 15 06 12:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Sian you make me laugh smilesmilesmile I dont think you can rent em , never heard of such a thing but maybe check out art supply stores or make-up schools maybe they have one you can rent.Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artisrty
www.deadlydesignmakeupartistry.com

Mar 15 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

AlwaysMadeUp wrote:
I'd say unless you have a friend with an airbrush who is very nice or enjoys sexual favors, or want to invest in one yourself, I'd say you're outta luck.

Hahahaha!  Maybe we should be friends?  hahahaha!

Mar 15 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

Thank you all very much for your input.

I'm working on an artistic-nude project. A younger friend of mine is doing the makeup.  She said she wanted to see if she could rent one because they are fairly expensive.

After looking around a little bit and e-mailing Mary (in this thread), it seems that we don't need no stinkin' airbrush. 

All of my obstacles are now gone -- all I need to do now is take some pictures.

Thanks again, everyone, it looks as if Model Mayhem has actually served it's purpose.

Tony

Mar 15 06 04:17 pm Link