Forums > Critique > Kiera in Kansas - What else can I do?

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Hi, I have changed some photos in my portfolio and would love some feedback. What should I show, what not to show... am I getting a good variation of looks, etc.
Thanks in advance for all your help. I would love to hear from photogs and models, too. Also, am I doing OK with clothes or should I do something different?
Thanks,
Kiera

Jun 29 05 01:11 pm Link

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Still hoping for some comments on my portfolio. Is there something missing or something you just wouldn't show at all?
Thanks,
Kiera

Jul 04 05 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

I think you have an awesome portfolio!  But you knew that already!  For all the photographers out there, you need to book Kiera!  She is awesome to work with and very professional!  You are missing out if you dont hire her!

Jul 04 05 12:22 pm Link

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Thanks Bob! Can't wait to do another casting. Everyone should work with Bob. He is a blast.
Kiera

Jul 06 05 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Kiera: 
Hi, I have changed some photos in my portfolio and would love some feedback. What should I show, what not to show... am I getting a good variation of looks, etc.
Thanks in advance for all your help. I would love to hear from photogs and models, too. Also, am I doing OK with clothes or should I do something different?
Thanks,
Kiera

I guess your portfolio is great for GWC's.  It could probably use tightening for glamour.   I think you're a pretty girl and would like to see shots of you that are more purposeful.

Jul 06 05 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lars KC

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Kiera, first off you're a beautiful young lady.  I assume you know that.  As to your posted pics:  you appear to have plenty of glam/fantasy sex kitten images.  Not sure if this is how you see yourself or how others see you.  Try different looks/styles that speak to you, not another's vision.  I'd love to see some b/w photos of the fresh faced mid-westerner for a little variety.  You have soft features, that's a given.  Little or no make-up and a hard edge might shake things up a little as well.

You might want to check out photographers in your area whose work is different than what you're currently doing and speaks to you.  If they'll do TFP/CD I say give it a shot.  "Variety is the spice of life."

Best to you.

Jul 06 05 03:55 pm Link

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Thanks so much for the comments guys. I will certainly take all this in. AND, I agree. I need to switch up a lot.
Kiera

Jul 08 05 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Dear Kiera,

This was my fave shot in your site.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050617/2/42b2f40f49795_m.jpg
It is a tight shot that is sensual because of the hair on your face. I would put a few more like this one with dramatic lighting. I like the last photo where you are pulling down(as oposed to most models pulling up!) your top and you are wearing jeans. I am guessing that in Wichita, besides airplanes you may have farms and barns. I would be phootgraphed there in an old barn. And no bikinis. You want to look different from most of the folks of MM. Wear jeans, go topless or whatever. A sophisticated farm girl is my cup of tea.

Jul 08 05 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This is the other one I love!

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050616/3/42b2273fcf3ad.jpg

Jul 08 05 10:59 pm Link

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Thanks a bunch. These are two of my all-time faves, too.
I appreciate the comments. Keep 'em coming.
Kiera

Jul 10 05 02:17 am Link

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

I've added some b/w to my portfolio.
thanks again everyone.

Jul 12 05 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

What else can you do? Pack up some outfits and take a trip out here to Cali to work with me and some other photogs smile You are beautiful and the portfolio is pretty good, let me know if you ever get out here to the west coast.

Jul 12 05 10:35 pm Link

Model

Angie Rae

Lawton, Iowa, US

Kiera,
Your portfolio is awesome and you have a great variation of looks! Model photos that tease are alot more appealing to the general public than photos that show everything...so you got it going on girl! Really enjoyed taking a look at your pictures..you are a doll! wink

Jul 12 05 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

And after California And after you get your fill of Smog,Come see me Ill set ya straight!!

Your Bud
Hugh! (:---

Jul 12 05 10:52 pm Link

Model

Kiera

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Thanks again and again. I think what I'm seeing here is "get out of Kansas"????? I know that is too true. I'm planning on doing that as soon as I can put together a good plan.

Jul 14 05 09:50 pm Link