This thread was locked on 2008-10-23 20:18:14
Forums > Model Colloquy > Same urgent delimma, new form! pls hlp... ;-)

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Springfield, Illinois, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:
Care to rephrase this?

Miss Anna Evans wrote:
I've already CAMed her. This is ridiculous.

JoJo Suicide wrote:
But it's funnier than hell to watch someone flush their modeling career down the toilet wink

Kind of reminds me a bit of Demolition Derbies they used to have at the County Fairs where I grew up.  Never did understand the attraction for the participants, but the crowd sure had a good time...

Oct 22 08 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

ABC ABC Inc

Ashland, Alabama, US

MsByrd wrote:
I'm not in search for DRAMA, just answers!

If you were trying to avoid drama, you wouldn't post inflammatory comments lashing out at people on the boards.

Oct 22 08 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Domaschuk

Naperville, Illinois, US

Interesting thread...

https://images.cafepress.com/image/18483365_125x125.jpg

Oct 22 08 04:21 pm Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

JoJo Suicide wrote:

JoJo Suicide wrote:
Care to rephrase this?

But it's funnier than hell to watch someone flush their modeling career down the toilet wink

You can't say noone warned her though. Clearly going into the forums yelling at the top of your lungs in msnspeak isn't going to fly well. Then bashing other professionals in an attempt to make her situation look less petty just adds to the general problem.
Tsk. Burning bridges.

Oct 22 08 04:22 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

JoJo Suicide wrote:
Care to rephrase this?

Last thread I CAMed took several hours to get shut down, I expect it'll be the same for this one. tongue

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

https://chrisonrails.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/epicfail.jpg

Photographer

Mountain Image

Morgantown, West Virginia, US

Miss, I assume that you joined this site to network and to get questions answered as you asked in your first post.

Do you think that you are going to get any respect or answers from the long list of people that you raked over the coals? A simple "Sorry about the caps" post after it was first brought up would probably have stopped 99% of the stuff that has happened since.

Just a small word of advice (although I suspect it might be a little late coming), just say that you are sorry about the caps incident and for perhaps over reacting to the comments that come from it. If you completely alienate yourself from the members here what good can this site do you? Ratchet it down several notches and try again.

Oct 22 08 04:23 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Miss Anna Evans wrote:
Last thread I CAMed took several hours to get shut down, I expect it'll be the same for this one. tongue

So we have entertainment all afternoon! wink

Oct 22 08 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Domaschuk

Naperville, Illinois, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

Not if the OP left the sandbox.

Oct 22 08 04:25 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

Somehow, I'm getting the impression this troll model will be posting threads like this for awhile. Wasn't her most recent one only yesterday?

Oct 22 08 04:26 pm Link

Model

J O A N N E

Derby, England, United Kingdom

JoJo Suicide wrote:

Yes entertainment... but the OP has decided to ignore us as we're not giving her a serious answer to her not so serious question

Oct 22 08 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Steven David

Houston, Texas, US

All I can say is wow.  It wouldn't have been hard to edit the post in non-caps, and to be nice to get answers. But to attack people I know and like, that takes the cake.

It's easy to cancel your account, I suggest you do that.

Oct 22 08 04:27 pm Link

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

MsByrd wrote:

HA, My only would be YOU!!!!

Why so hostel? Its not a smart idea to piss everyone off on the forum.
You asked your question and Im sorry no one answered it to your liking, but that doesn't give you the right to be mean or call names.
You may have been on the site for a while but its obvious that your new to the forums (right?). And if Ive learned anything here its this.
If your asking for advice that's you putting yourself out there to hear anything that others might have to say (weather it be good things or bad). You decided to open this topic up and you shouldn't be mean or nasty to those who give you their opinion.
Like my mother always said "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Take what you read here with a grain of salt, and don't let it get to you. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and is free to write what they wish.

As far as your question goes Id suggest seeing an agent or an an accountant and ask them what you should do.

Oct 22 08 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

J Sharp

Sacramento, California, US

Mountain Image wrote:
A simple "Sorry about the caps" post after it was first brought up would probably have stopped 99% of the stuff that has happened since.

Very valuable piece of advice.

MsByrd wrote:
I have a voice, that MUST be listened to...

Not if people don't take you seriously.

Oct 22 08 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

dreslin photography

Pensacola, Florida, US

MsByrd wrote:

I bet drama follows you around all the time

Oct 22 08 04:30 pm Link

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

J Sharp Photography wrote:

Mountain Image wrote:
A simple "Sorry about the caps" post after it was first brought up would probably have stopped 99% of the stuff that has happened since.

Very valuable piece of advice.

MsByrd wrote:
I have a voice, that MUST be listened to...

Not if people don't take you seriously. [/quote/]
QFT

Oct 22 08 04:32 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

MsByrd wrote:

dreslin photography wrote:
I bet drama follows you around all the time

Like a dark cloud over her head wink

Oct 22 08 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

they are all wrong is one of the best choice to enter a business
smart marketing
do i have to call you the mozart of modelling rightaway ? or stupid ?
tb

Oct 22 08 04:35 pm Link

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

am I the only one who thinks she jumped ship? (maybe my words got to her and she gets that she was being really mean and dramatic?)

Oct 22 08 04:38 pm Link

Model

J O A N N E

Slaykitty wrote:
am I the only one who thinks she jumped ship? (maybe my words got to her and she gets that she was being really mean and dramatic?)

You were really mean lol (Joke)... never mind, she asked for it really

Oct 22 08 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Springfield, Illinois, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

What?  Over so soon?  Hardly seems sporting...

Oct 22 08 04:41 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

MsByrd wrote:
P.S.: Here’s a re-write (In honor of my internet buddy Rachel Jay J), enjoy…

I've been given an opportunity to be the official promo woman for this up and coming cigar company, but they are asking what my rates are.  They would like my rates for fliers, banners, and 2 to 3 local TV spots.

My dilemma is that I don't want to give them a set price that's too low, but I also don't want to over-price myself and force them to go with someone who has lower rates.

I know in a situation like this it is smart to ask for a yearly contract, and go for "$X per year", but I'm still not sure how much to ask for.

I don't have an agent, so I'm posting here in hopes of some input and suggestions.  Please share your words of wisdom and help me figure out what rates I should quote for this opportunity.  Thanks!

5 things.

1. I'm NOT your "internet buddy".
2. Glad you could make use of my translation of your prior word-vomit. 
3. You have sufficiently dug yourself a great big fat hole, and burned nearly every bridge possible.  Good luck modeling for anyone who frequents the forums (and there's a ton of talent here.
4. My name's really not that hard to spell.  Especially when you copy it from a forum.  WTF is the extra "J" for? 
5. FAIL.

Oct 22 08 04:43 pm Link

Model

Amber Sharae

Los Angeles, California, US

Look people, I am not trying to ruin my career, nor am I trying to alienate myself from future business opportunities. I am woman enough to say I’M SORRY… you all have my deepest apologies reared from the center of my heart. I’m not here to fight, nor am I here to start drama. Maybe I did over react a little bit by pin-pointing everything I felt was offensive…I guess I felt like, “If they can do it to me, and not care about my human emotions… how about I let them know how it effected me, with a few words of wisdom of my own”. All I wanted was answers people…I’ve gotten a nice amount of broad suggestions; based upon how much I should ask for and what sites I should check out in regards to my questions. I just wanted to make sure I received ample GOOD opinions, before I took my business deal to the next level. Hopefully you guys are able to accept my apology and turn it around for the better.

For the people who were not able to withdraw my questions from my original post, they are as follows…
1.)    General rates for non-signed models; in regards to in person promotions.
2.)    Rates for a model that is asked to be on the company’s banner.
3.)    Rates for 2-3 (local) commercial spots (non-union)

*Hopefully this time, I’ll be able to get some real answers…Thanks, Hope all is well…xoxoxoxoxooxx :-)

Oct 22 08 04:44 pm Link

Model

J O A N N E

MsByrd wrote:
Look people, I am not trying to ruin my career, nor am I trying to alienate myself from future business opportunities. I am woman enough to say I’M SORRY… you all have my deepest apologies reared from the center of my heart. I’m not here to fight, nor am I here to start drama. Maybe I did over react a little bit by pin-pointing everything I felt was offensive…I guess I felt like, “If they can do it to me, and not care about my human emotions… how about I let them know how it effected me, with a few words of wisdom of my own”. All I wanted was answers people…I’ve gotten a nice amount of broad suggestions; based upon how much I should ask for and what sites I should check out in regards to my questions. I just wanted to make sure I received ample GOOD opinions, before I took my business deal to the next level. Hopefully you guys are able to accept my apology and turn it around for the better.

For the people who were not able to withdraw my questions from my original post, they are as follows…

*Hopefully this time, I’ll be able to get some real answers…Thanks, Hope all is well…xoxoxoxoxooxx :-)

Choooo Choooo train wreck

Oct 22 08 04:47 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Slaykitty wrote:

Capt. Blye wrote:
Cast me adrift in an open boat, 6500 miles from the nearest port of call….

Oct 22 08 04:48 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

MsByrd wrote:

Lolz. Seriously, lolz. You no longer need to try to alienate anyone or ruin any semblance of a future career, trust me.

At any rate, I still think asking what the budget for the project is would be your best route. Try to use better English than you've used in this thread, because even your latest post is rife with errors that would cause me to view you unfavorably if I were viewing you as a potential hire.

Model

ariana fromtoronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

O, sweet heart...it is very necessary....if not, why would I even post it. DDDUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Intelligence at its finest.Clearly.

Model

ModelMayhem29

New York, New York, US

MsByrd wrote:

I REALLY wouldn't hold my breath on waiting for people to want to help you after acting up so bad

Oct 22 08 04:50 pm Link

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

MsByrd wrote:

its ok we all post some things we regret from time to time.
my best advice it the advice I already gave you.
go to an accountant or an agent and see what they say (best way to guarantee that you wont be selling yourself short or being unreasonable)

Oct 22 08 04:51 pm Link

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

MsByrd wrote:

its ok we all post some things we regret from time to time.
my best advice it the advice I already gave you.
go to an accountant or an agent and see what they say (best way to guarantee that you wont be selling yourself short or being unreasonable)

Oct 22 08 04:51 pm Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

MsByrd wrote:
MY QUESTION IS N REGARDS 2 SUM RATES...
WELL, I'VE BEEN GIVEN THIS OPP. 2 BE THE OFFICIAL PROMO WOMAN 4 THIS UP AND CUMN CIGAR COMPANY. BUT THEY ARE ASKING ME WHAT ARE MY RATES, FOR : 1.)flyer print circulators 2.) banners & 3.) AND 2-3 local tv spots..........

MY CURRENT DELIMMA IS....I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM A SET PRICE...FOR LESS THAN WHAT I'M WORTH (OR THE GOING RATE)...THEN THEY ARE LIKE... "LET'S HURRY UP & BOOK HER, SINCE SHE'S SOOOO CHEAP".....THEN I DON'T WANT 2 OVER DO IT...WHICH MAY FORCE THEM 2 GO W/ SUM 1 THAT'S LESS CHEAPER...AND THEY WOUND UP PASSING ME UP!!! ;-/

NOW I "DO" KNOW THAT IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS...IT IS SMART TO ASK FOR A YEARLY CONTRACT..AND GO OFF OF "X AMOUNT" OF MONEY PER YEAR...BUT MY ONLY REAL PROB IS....I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH 2 ASK 4.....

I DONT HAVE AN AGENT...OBVIOUSLY..LOL....AND I'M SENDING U THIS PERSONAL MESSAGE TO GET YOUR POSITIVE INPUT....IF U CAN HELP WITH SUM WORDS OF WISDOM...PLS DO.

THANKS..... ~~MsByrd_Th3_Mod3l~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For starters, I would like to applaud those who were able to decode my "SHORT-HAND/SLANG/NON-PROPER-ENGLISH"{How do you like my YELLING now??? :-D} lingo terms, that I chose to utilize with in my previous message. For some odd reason, I've had the perception that Model Mayhem was a place for one to accumulate: industry opportunities, knowledge, friends, associates, pen pals, and various growth aspects for long lasting life. Unknowingly, from the responses I’ve read (pages 1 & 2) ridiculous ridicule has been used instead of “constructive criticism”…what ever happened to that thought process? My current hypostasis…maybe the ones who chose to respond… just maybe, their medulla was malfunctioning during that moment of time. :-/  But hey, who am I??? Only GOD knows the answer to that.

Secondly, it would be a huge appeasement if the “MM-world” would not insult my intelligence. I am NOT incompetent; SO DO NOT TREAT ME AS SUCH! I actually have a competency of a well-rounded, intelligent, proficient, young woman. I work HARD for my SUCCESS and I continue to do so. As one can see, I am capable of conducting my self in a professional manner, as well as the use of proper punctuation & grammar.  Meaning, if I choose to write a message in “slang” terms… I will do as I please. {{FYI: The message was originally written via my Sidekick & sent directly to my closest “friends”. Once responses returned to my inbox, it was suggested that I post a “form”. Never in a million years did I think I’d get hassled and teased for “asking a DAMN question”!}} 

With that said, I would like to formally apologize to those who took offence of my “Caps Lock” pervious message. It was not intentionally to be perceived as an all-yelling statement… I really didn’t think anything of it; I just began to type. It was previously stated that I “ran away from the conversation”…LMAO (=to laugh) which was also untrue. Just because my life does not consist of paltering my behind with cushion from my computer chair all day every day; I too have business needs that must me conquered. 

In closing, I would like to respond to some to the responses that was posed on this form…
·Yes, this is a legit job
·Of course I did my research
·They meet me via my personal website
·I used the term “up & coming” improperly. The business is already established; they are just choosing to further promote their business.
·I didn’t give ample information due to the fact that I know people are conniving …they will look up the company’s website and try to take the job from you. DDDDDDUUUUUHHHHHHH PEOPLE!!!!
·Yes, I have acting experience
·Just a few people whose responses had me shocked and appalled: MICHAEL H DEAN (NEEDS TO NOT PRE-JUDGE… YOU DON’T KNOW ME), MYSHKINGO (CALM DOWN), LAURA MARIA (OPEN YOUR MIND, AS WELL AS YOUR EYES WOMAN), B DEBAUCHERY (STOP TAKING IT PERSONAL), MZ SNOW (HATER #1), CITIZEN DEATHWISH (YOUR SO WRONG LUV), PYPI FASHION (SARCASTIC A$$), RP PHOTO (NEEDS TO CALM DOWN AS WELL), SCARY-ELLEN (UR LUCKY I’M A CHILD DEVELOPMENT MAJOR, AND I LOVE KIDS), RHAPSODIC FIGURE (GET SOME GLASSES…ASAP), BLUE ASH FILM GROUP (NO, IT’S NOT A JOKE), JOJO SUICIDE (CALM DOWN "HAPPY NOW"), MOONSHOTS (IT’S CALLED “SHORT-HAND”), KELLI KICKHAM (I CHALLENGE YOU TO A WRITE OFF!!!), & DIMENSIONS PHOTOGRAPHY (I CAN COMMUNICATE VERY WELL)! FYI= YOU ALL ARE JUST FUEL TO MY FIRE…MY FIRE THAT CORRELATES TO MY APPETITE FOR SUCCESS…AND I THANK YOU FOR YOUR “HATERISM”…IT REALLY PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE!!! :-)

P.S.: Here’s a re-write (In honor of my internet buddy Rachel Jay J), enjoy…

I've been given an opportunity to be the official promo woman for this up and coming cigar company, but they are asking what my rates are.  They would like my rates for fliers, banners, and 2 to 3 local TV spots.

My dilemma is that I don't want to give them a set price that's too low, but I also don't want to over-price myself and force them to go with someone who has lower rates.

I know in a situation like this it is smart to ask for a yearly contract, and go for "$X per year", but I'm still not sure how much to ask for.

I don't have an agent, so I'm posting here in hopes of some input and suggestions.  Please share your words of wisdom and help me figure out what rates I should quote for this opportunity.  Thanks!

lol

And nice try at covering up your attack at JoJo.

Oct 22 08 04:52 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

MsByrd wrote:

Plenty of people gave you real answers in your original thread.  Read it.

And while you're reading, you might want to check out the MM Forum Rules.

Oct 22 08 04:53 pm Link

Model

J O A N N E

Mz Snow wrote:

lol

Is this outing? On both Mz Snow & JoJo?

Oct 22 08 04:53 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Mz Snow wrote:

lol

Hooray for the quote function. On the internet, no one can hear you edit your screams.

Oct 22 08 04:54 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Dannie Piggott wrote:

Is this outing? On both Mz Snow & JoJo?

Personal attacks.

Oct 22 08 04:54 pm Link

Model

J O A N N E

Miss Anna Evans wrote:

Personal attacks.

still a MM offence, I'm suprised this & her other joke of a threads are not locked yet. Send to the brig!

Oct 22 08 04:56 pm Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Miss Anna Evans wrote:

Hooray for the quote function. On the internet, no one can hear you edit your screams.

The quote function is the most nifty thing on this site smile

Oct 22 08 04:56 pm Link

Model

J O A N N E

I heart the quote button

Oct 22 08 04:57 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

MsByrd wrote:
Secondly, it would be a huge appeasement if the “MM-world” would not insult my intelligence. I am NOT incompetent; SO DO NOT TREAT ME AS SUCH!

Then don't make yourself appear incompetent and foolish.  You caused your own problems.

MsByrd wrote:
I actually have a competency of a well-rounded, intelligent, proficient, young woman. I work HARD for my SUCCESS and I continue to do so. As one can see, I am capable of conducting my self in a professional manner, as well as the use of proper punctuation & grammar.

Oh yea, you've sure shown us that that's the case. :eyeroll:

MsByrd wrote:
{{FYI: The message was originally written via my Sidekick & sent directly to my closest “friends”. Once responses returned to my inbox, it was suggested that I post a “form”. Never in a million years did I think I’d get hassled and teased for “asking a DAMN question”!}}

It's called a "forum", not a "form".  You got hassled because you posted the question in a way that no one could read without their eyes bleeding, nor understand without making their brain hurt.

MsByrd wrote:
·Just a few people whose responses had me shocked and appalled: MICHAEL H DEAN (NEEDS TO NOT PRE-JUDGE… YOU DON’T KNOW ME), MYSHKINGO (CALM DOWN), LAURA MARIA (OPEN YOUR MIND, AS WELL AS YOUR EYES WOMAN), B DEBAUCHERY (STOP TAKING IT PERSONAL), MZ SNOW (HATER #1), CITIZEN DEATHWISH (YOUR SO WRONG LUV), PYPI FASHION (SARCASTIC A$$), RP PHOTO (NEEDS TO CALM DOWN AS WELL), SCARY-ELLEN (UR LUCKY I’M A CHILD DEVELOPMENT MAJOR, AND I LOVE KIDS), RHAPSODIC FIGURE (GET SOME GLASSES…ASAP), BLUE ASH FILM GROUP (NO, IT’S NOT A JOKE), JOJO SUICIDE (CALM DOWN "HAPPY NOW"), MOONSHOTS (IT’S CALLED “SHORT-HAND”), KELLI KICKHAM (I CHALLENGE YOU TO A WRITE OFF!!!), & DIMENSIONS PHOTOGRAPHY (I CAN COMMUNICATE VERY WELL)! FYI= YOU ALL ARE JUST FUEL TO MY FIRE…MY FIRE THAT CORRELATES TO MY APPETITE FOR SUCCESS…AND I THANK YOU FOR YOUR “HATERISM”…IT REALLY PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE!!! :-)

Those who play with fire, often get burned.

Oct 22 08 04:58 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

MsByrd wrote:

General rates? There are no general rates.

Rates here on MM range from validated parking to $400 to $500 per hour but that depends on who you are, your reputation and what you will be doing.

As a promo model you might be able to charge anywhere from a burger for lunch up to about $1000 per day, once again depending on who you are, your reputation and what you are promoting.

Oct 22 08 04:59 pm Link