Forums > Events > Virginia - Winchester End-of-Year Party @ CLT's

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

ATTENTION:

All registered guests should have gotten an update with direction and a link to the event detail page. Several people have reported that they never got the reply. To ensure you will receive the update, please add the registration address to your address book.

FAQ:

Q: When is the deadline for registration?
A: 10am, December 12th

Q: What kind of food should I bring?
A: For early-comers, I prefer you bring home made baked goods or foods with actual substance, like a veggie platter or a bucket of wings. For late shift partiers, bring salty snacks. At any time, soda and wines are preferred over beers.

Dec 04 08 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

To models who wish to shoot with me...

Come early! It gets crazier and crazier later on, and I won't have as much time to pick up my camera.

Dec 04 08 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Updated:

Attendee lists with pictures!

Registered models:
PK's CLT-Winchester Party Model List

Registered photographers:
PK's CLT-Winchester Party Photographer List

Registered MUAs & body painters:
PK's CLT-Winchester MUAs & Body Painters List

Peruse 'em!  (Includes registered "maybes")

- At least 3 members have "opted-out of using lists", so you won't see them.

Dec 04 08 05:10 pm Link

Model

Winged Model

Fort Hood, Texas, US

You know, with this many coffee drinkers, we may want to have a couple of coffee pots.  If you want I can bring mine...

Dec 04 08 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Winged Modeling wrote:
You know, with this many coffee drinkers, we may want to have a couple of coffee pots.  If you want I can bring mine...

I'll look into getting a very capable coffee machine...

Any brand preference? I has maxwell house.

Dec 04 08 06:15 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

CLT wrote:

As long as it's caffeinated, I don't care. smile

Dec 04 08 06:17 pm Link

Model

Jeramy Junkie

Richmond, Virginia, US

....CLT, is there a coffee house near you? XD

Dec 05 08 01:00 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:

I know coffee geeks who will spend $1500 on a coffee roaster and another $300-$500 on an actual coffee machine. I'm not one of them.

However, this model is more modestly priced, and recommended by both me, and Alton Brown.

Cuisinart DCC 1200

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TE0KYYAVL._AA280_.jpg

Dec 05 08 02:59 am Link

Model

Johnna Trago

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

CLT wrote:
You can also bring samples and order forms to the party.

Ok cool, thats a good idea...

Dec 05 08 05:44 am Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Robb Mann wrote:

I know coffee geeks who will spend $1500 on a coffee roaster and another $300-$500 on an actual coffee machine. I'm not one of them.

However, this model is more modestly priced, and recommended by both me, and Alton Brown.

Cuisinart DCC 1200

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TE0KYYAVL._AA280_.jpg

and I take my coffee thru an IV, its what keeps me alive (especially in the morning, ugh)

Dec 05 08 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Yea? Well, for breakfast today I had french-roast whole coffee beans in milk.

Dec 05 08 08:03 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Jeramy Junkie wrote:
....CLT, is there a coffee house near you? XD

We have a local chain called "Daily Grind" that serves upscale coffee. They operate more than a dozen locations in Winchester and have successfully kept Starbucks away. The nearest location is about 10-12 minutes drive.

In regards to Robb's suggestion, I wasn't planning on buying a machine, I was just going to steal my mom's or one from the restaurant.

Dec 05 08 08:25 am Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

:0 Only about a week away!

Dec 05 08 09:44 am Link

Photographer

pixel haute

the coffee situation appears to be undercontrol...  back to regularly scheduled programing.

Dec 05 08 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

CLT wrote:
I prefer you bring home made baked goods or foods with actual substance, like a veggie platter or a bucket of wings. For late shift partiers, bring salty snacks. At any time, soda and wines are preferred over beers.

Besides Brownies, I will bring a BBQ dish, just need to heat up in microwave.

Dec 05 08 11:05 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

Everyone will be much healthier the next day if I DON'T cook or bake for this.  But if there's a pizza fund, I can contribute to that.

Dec 05 08 11:19 am Link

Model

Twigglet

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

well....I won't be able to attend.

Everything was planned and underway and i had the day off.....

but then....

a girl at work decides she needs to call out for a week and a half to deal with "personal issues" and my boss goes back and modifies the schedule, and now ontop of getting shifts of hers this week I also have to work her shift next saturday. I could try and get someone to cover, but with how thin we are on staff right now and the fact that even partime workers are putting in full-time hours, I severely doubt it'll be possible.

I'm....irritated, and dissapointed. I would complain, but my boss really couldn't care less as I am leaving in less than a month, but i need the job until then.

wish I could be there guys...

if anyone ever makes it down here while I'm still around, let me know =/

.....poopie.....

Dec 05 08 11:34 am Link

Photographer

PoisonInPlastic

Dayton, Ohio, US

Twigglet wrote:

but then....

a girl at work decides she needs to call out for a week and a half to deal with "personal issues" and my boss goes back and modifies the schedule, and now ontop of getting shifts of hers this week I also have to work her shift next saturday. I could try and get someone to cover, but with how thin we are on staff right now and the fact that even partime workers are putting in full-time hours, I severely doubt it'll be possible.

I'm....irritated, and dissapointed. I would complain, but my boss really couldn't care less as I am leaving in less than a month, but i need the job until then.

.....poopie.....

Epic Fail ... You should give her personal reasons to come into work ... lol

Dec 05 08 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

PoisonInPlastic

Dayton, Ohio, US

Rachel Dashae wrote:
:0 Only about a week away!

eeeeeeeeeee i can't wait watch you drive

Dec 05 08 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Twigglet wrote:

but then....

.....poopie.....

bummer

Dec 05 08 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Is there going to be any room to shoot?

Dec 05 08 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Twigglet wrote:

sad

Dec 05 08 12:46 pm Link

Model

Kiki Kiki

Westminster, Maryland, US

Huh.  I just realized this is about...a week away.  lolol
me

Dec 05 08 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

J Henry wrote:
Everyone will be much healthier the next day if I DON'T cook or bake for this.  But if there's a pizza fund, I can contribute to that.

The pizza fund will be collected at the party.

I'm actually going to encourage people who are bringing "non-industry guests" to contribute to the funds. Non-industry guests are defined as people coming who doesn't have a role as model, photographer, or a stylist.

Dec 05 08 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

RC Images wrote:
Is there going to be any room to shoot?

room as in bedroom? No... maybe next year I will open another room, but not this year. We have three shooting stations plus outdoor. Details of those stations are on the Event Detail page (you should have gotten it via e-mail)

Dec 05 08 01:23 pm Link

Model

Kiki Kiki

CLT wrote:
We have three shooting stations plus outdoor. Details of those stations are on the Event Detail page (you should have gotten it via e-mail)

I have a question.... you mentioned that the 18+ Nudie station will have time limits. What about the other shooting stations?

Dec 05 08 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:
I have a question.... you mentioned that the 18+ Nudie station will have time limits. What about the other shooting stations?

Free-for-all

Dec 05 08 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Oh great, Kiki Kiki is going to monopolize the secondary shooting station all day long.  Gotta have her headshots - thousands of them. wink

Dec 05 08 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

PK Brazil wrote:
Oh great, Kiki Kiki is going to monopolize the secondary shooting station all day long.  Gotta have her headshots - thousands of them. wink

She has to use the bathroom eventually.

Dec 05 08 03:19 pm Link

Model

Kiki Kiki

PK Brazil wrote:

CLT wrote:
She has to use the bathroom eventually.

NEVER!!!!!!!

(oh and I'm bringing a friend/guest/model-ish sorta person. redhead.  cute. sassy. I guess I should email you about it.  Oh yeah, and this makes me a definite attendee, not just a "maybe")  smile

Dec 05 08 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

PK Brazil wrote:

It's OK. At the last meet and greet I attended I learned a few great ideas for overcoming a lack of shooting space. We'll see if using them becomes necessary wink

Dec 05 08 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

Robb Mann wrote:
It's OK. At the last meet and greet I attended I learned a few great ideas for overcoming a lack of shooting space. We'll see if using them becomes necessary wink

CLT wrote:
The whole woodsy area is on a very steep slope. Although there's also a side section that's more leveled, but smaller. And I'm using that area as my leaf-dumping section, so it would have about a foot of leaves.

Hhhmmm... Throw a blanket over the pile of leaves and there might be a nice spot for well supported poses for light paint silliness once it gets dark.

Dec 05 08 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Dogbone Alt-Process wrote:

Robb Mann wrote:

Hhhmmm... Throw a blanket over the pile of leaves and there might be a nice spot for well supported poses for light paint silliness once it gets dark.

But then how would you get a picture of the leaves?

Dec 05 08 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:
(oh and I'm bringing a friend/guest/model-ish sorta person. redhead.  cute. sassy. I guess I should email you about it.  Oh yeah, and this makes me a definite attendee, not just a "maybe")  smile

Since I'm on the definite List, I like to shoot with both of you! Anything winter related?

Dec 05 08 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

ATTENTION REGISTERED GUESTS:

I need a volunteer to compile some dance music remixes. Please collect 15-20 songs either in MP3 format on a MP3 player or on a CD.

Dec 05 08 08:48 pm Link

Model

Twigglet

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PK Brazil wrote:

sad

I really tried.Shit like this always happens to me. Everything is fine...and then boom...a meteor falls on my head,lol.

she switched my day off to friday instead, and i have to work from noon until 6pm on the 13th.

Dec 05 08 10:07 pm Link

Model

Betty Jaded

Rochester, New York, US

Is there a cost or cover charge.  I am interested in going can I bring my photographer E M Studios MM# 637391?
Betty

Dec 05 08 10:22 pm Link

Model

Betty Jaded

Rochester, New York, US

Oh yeah I do have a fairly large amount of music in my collection But I am not too familar with everyone & am not sure I will Have my things in order enough to bring some.  I will see what I can do though.  Any request???

Dec 05 08 10:24 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

CLT wrote:
ATTENTION REGISTERED GUESTS:

I need a volunteer to compile some dance music remixes. Please collect 15-20 songs either in MP3 format on a MP3 player or on a CD.

I will bring my iPod, I'll work up some new playlists that aren't quite so gothygoth. smile

oh, and also Jason and I are bundling Katie into the car. smile

Dec 05 08 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Betty Jaded wrote:
Is there a cost or cover charge.  I am interested in going can I bring my photographer E M Studios MM# 637391?
Betty

There is no cover charge to attend, but I am encouraging non-industry guests to make a contribution. The first post should answer a lot of your questions.

Dec 05 08 10:30 pm Link