Forums > Photography Talk > Your online portfolio

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Do you have any shots in your online portfolio, that have been up for weeks but no one looks at... still you can't bear to take them down?

Jul 01 05 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

My online portfolio is gettin' some pretty good action!

What bugs me is that the one picture in my portfolio that has B(o)(o)bies in it has twice the hits of all the other pictures. That sure tells me that there's a lot of people who aren't interested in art like I am.

I mean, it is a totally SLAMMIN' picture of some seriously TOTTTT HITTTTIES if you know what I am saying. So I can't blame people for starin'!

GWC!

Jul 01 05 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Star: 
Do you have any shots in your online portfolio, that have been up for weeks but no one looks at... still you can't bear to take them down?

Nope. I always replace the shot with the least views. No hesitation. If I like a shot that much, I can print it, frame it and hang it in my livingroom. No point in promoting myself in public with something no one in the public likes.

Jul 02 05 03:35 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Star: 

'
I often look but do not touch.

Jul 02 05 03:48 am Link

Photographer

CharliesImages

Raleigh, Illinois, US

You can't always go by the # of hits as the reason an images stays or is replaced.  The higher # of hits will usually go to the ones showing the most skin.  Those that are more serious about viewing your work are going to check out photos in other categories as well.

Jul 02 05 07:56 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

yes

Jul 02 05 09:34 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I agree that nudes get more hits.

The dog's right: Lots of people look at the thumbs in the port without clicking.

Jul 02 05 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Yeah, I'd say that if it best represents your work--or the work that you'd like to be doing--leave it up.

Hits ain't nothin but a number

Jul 02 05 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Photochick1968

Tampa, Florida, US

Because you can see all the photos on the page, I know I don't click on the photos all the time, so the views may not mean anything. I have seen many good photos that I like but don't click on them because I'm lazy. yikesD

Jul 02 05 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by CharliesImages: 
You can't always go by the # of hits as the reason an images stays or is replaced.  The higher # of hits will usually go to the ones showing the most skin.  Those that are more serious about viewing your work are going to check out photos in other categories as well.

That's true. However, it's not a bad indicator to start with. Especially, if one is squeamish about soliciting general assistance from the MM community in deciding which images go and which ones stay.

Lol. I actually did that one day on MM and boy was it helpful. So nice once in a while not to rack the brain on something that would seem trivial. But, like Star eluded to, can be difficult decisions to make for sentimental reasons and what not.

Jul 02 05 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I show my bobbies and my pee.  Maybe I show too much.

Jul 02 05 04:09 pm Link