Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Hey ladies and gents -

I'm going to be taking some MAC Master Classes in NYC. If you do or do not know, some of the cost of the classes are redeemable in product.

So, now I find myself with redeemable monies and I don't know what to do with it. I hardly ever shop at MAC and don't know much about the products, except that some people are allergic to some of the foundation ingredients.

I figured I might as well use the money wisely and purchase some staple items that would be benefitial to my kit. I'm not really shopping for any specific items, just whatever is a "must-have" from MAC.

So, fellow MUA's, what are the best things to purchase from MAC?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

xo
Siân Melton
http://www.alwaysmadeup.com

Mar 28 06 12:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

I personally like the eyeshadows.  My favorite color is "ELECTRIC EEL".  And for lip glass I love "RUSSIAN RED"

The Chrome Glass lip gloss are all great as well.  I actually like all the colors so...LOL

Mar 28 06 03:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

Pigments (Frost/Matte powder & Glitter)those things last forever and you only need a little of it.

Mixing medium (water based) to make the pigment bolder and last a bit longer.

Paints - also to add a bit of color and make eyeshadow/pigment last a bit longer.

Lip pencils - Spice, Oak, Subculture

Clear Lipglass

Pro Gloss to give the wet glossy look

MAC Matte to mattify the skin

Blot Loose Powder ...it's new

as for the MAC foundations it's like Mary said it's not that they are allergic to it but maybe to something in it...that also any other foundation brand may have such as the titanium dioxide, better if they find out what they are allegeric to before applying foundation. I hear many like the Face & Body Foundation & Full Coverage & also their brushes.

Mar 28 06 03:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

i have a lot of mac lipsticks and pigments. their cremesticks lipliners are good too.

i dont really use mac foundations anymore though.

Mar 28 06 07:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marcia Dionne

Frisco, Texas, US

zoom lash, zoom lash, zoom lash.

Mar 28 06 07:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

JK Makeup and Hair

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

I NEVER USE THE FOUNDATIONS BUT I DO USE THE STUDIO FIX FOR MY SELF, AND LOOSE POWDERS, I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROB. WITH THEM.

BUT MY FAVORITE ITEMS ARE THE PIGMENTS I LOVE THEM, I WANT ALL OF THEM....
I ALSO LIKE THE LIP STICK (FRESH MAROCAN, VIVA GLAM IV, AND CYBER)

THE EYE KHOLS ARE PRETTY COOL TOO.

Mar 28 06 07:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

JEN FREGOZO wrote:
BUT MY FAVORITE ITEMS ARE THE PIGMENTS I LOVE THEM, I WANT ALL OF THEM....

I know so many colors...I want them ALL too.

Mar 28 06 07:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Feme Naigow

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

I also like the fluid liners

Mar 28 06 09:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ivy Lam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would get the brushes if its possible!

Mar 28 06 10:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

I don't stick to one brand.  Anything that's new whether expensive or not I try it and see how it works.

But when it comes to MAC I recently started using their face and body foundation and I love it.  Although I do think that the ones made for dark skin have too much of a gold tone to them.  But I love how much control it allows me.

Also fluidline in blacktrack is great.  When you apply it under pigments it can give you a new vibrant color.  I love it and I love how easy it is to apply.

Mar 29 06 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

I own clear Lip Glass in case the stylist doesn't bring any to the shoot. I really like the way it makes lips "pop" in photos.

Mar 29 06 09:16 am Link