Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Dark under eye circles...help??

Model

Sunnie

Genoa, Illinois, US

Whats the best concealer for dark under eye circles...that are hereditary?? Please help. Thankyou! smile

Mar 28 06 07:12 pm Link

Model

Maria T

Lambertville, New Jersey, US

Mine are..i have frog eyes.lol

Mar 28 06 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

D Magi Visual Concepts

Los Angeles, California, US

Sunnie wrote:
Whats the best concealer for dark under eye circles...that are hereditary?? Please help. Thankyou! smile

Joe Blasco Cosmetics offers the best concealer.  It is called Dermaceal.  This special, high-pigmented cream formula is used to conceal discoloration's, birthmarks, colored flat scars, freckles, and very dark under-eye shadows. Apply as follows: Scoop a small amount of Dermaceal™ from the container with a cosmetic spatula. Spread over discoloration with spatula then rub with fingers to blend. Pat to stabilize and powder lightly with Blasco No-Color. 

Go to http://joeblasco.com/blascoschools/cosm … /index.htm to view the catalog.

Mar 28 06 07:23 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Emily Chen

Rochester, New York, US

if the circles underneath your eyes are purple-ish at all, you could try using a yellow-based corrector and a concealer over it.

Mar 28 06 09:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

laura mercier secret camoflage is good.

Mar 28 06 09:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I love the Ben Nye Conceal Wheel. It awsome you can custome blend a colour for all skin types.

Mar 29 06 11:09 am Link

Model

Mary R

San Francisco, California, US

Find a good eye serum to use. I am a true believer in Kara-Vita, they make an incredible eye serum and cream, try eye-wish! or eye-tender, both work wonders in just a few weeks

Mar 30 06 11:43 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Didn't we just have this thread?

Mar 30 06 11:53 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

StriVectin-SD  has an eye cream that gets rid of under eye circles. My cousin Nikki has ONE kidney, so she has very dark blue undereye circles... this worked like a charm. Not cheap, but worth it. You can get it at Ulta... and I think Sephora too.

Easy to find concealors, hard to find skincare products that actually fix something. wink

Apr 01 06 12:05 am Link

Makeup Artist

RachelT

Orlando, Florida, US

Sunnie wrote:

Try out MAC Moisture Blend concealer in like NW40 or 45.. If you have bluish colored dark circles, the red in the NW will help to cancel that out... Just make sure that you get a concealer that will blend well with your skin tone..

You can also try the Select concealer in a shade lighter than your skintone, but stick with the NW's. Apply it only to the dark area under your eye and then cover it with the Moisture Blend concealer in the shade that matches your skin tone.
That will offer a bit of a highlight while still cancelling out the darkness.

Another trick is to apply the concealer with a fluffy brush (one that you would typically use to apply and blend eye shadow into the outter crease of your eye) buff the lighter concealer into the dark area of the eye and then buff the concealer that matches your skin tone over the top, bringing it out a bit and down to the top portion of your cheek.

Good luck..

Apr 01 06 12:12 am Link

Model

xLoLLy

Buffalo, Illinois, US

God damn family genes, I have them too.

Apr 02 06 04:59 pm Link

Model

Rion

San Diego, California, US

I wouldn't just recommend a concealer... get something that covers the dark circles but also provides nutrients and helps to heal that area too!  I use Wexler's Under Eye Cream as it has vitamin C and some other stuff in it.  Also, as a former massage therapist... I can assure you all that massage works... but be careful around the sensitive areas as you do not want to break the small capillaries that reside there.  Massage your temples, your eye brows, use accupressure points... and even massage the eyeball itself.  Should help!

Apr 02 06 05:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

2 things I will suggest....One is very expensive, Injections to plump up that area are often used by celebs and models.  Injections come in different forms, Radiance is one of the newest and lasts 2-7 years, cost....about $3000.00

The cheap fix that I use on EVERYONE just about is either Cinema Secrets or Joe Blasco Blue neutralizer followed by orange highlight....nothing covers blue unless you really pack the makeup on...this is ugly, thats why a neutralizer works better for this area.

Apr 02 06 05:15 pm Link