Forums > Photography Talk > Model Release Form

Photographer

Smitty

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am trying to work on a new model release form stating that the images I take if giving to a model can not be used without my consent except for their own portfolio, but not enhanced reproductions. Is there a template or sample of a form stating these issues for my protection from a legal stand point

Jul 02 05 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

No - I highly suggest you get one drafted...

Or borrow someones and then tweak it to your needs...

The ones on the net are I guess better than writting it on a napkin... but they are most all too general....

I have 4 releases model sign:

Model Release = Image Use etc

Liability Release = In case I fall on them

Property Release = Mainly for Cars , bikes etc and homes or places the model wishes to shoot - like their home etc..

Permission to use form = This is just a CYA - more for me to remember what name if any they with used on the photos or the website etc..

Honestly - after signing all that most people feel I will track them to the end of the earth if they screw with my images... IE: I am professional - they need to be resonable...

I am pretty easy going with images.... the model just needs to tell me what they are doing with them.

Jul 02 05 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

I've pulled together a lot of information on model releases. It can be found at http://photoworks.ws/model_release.htm

Curt

Jul 02 05 07:28 pm Link