Forums > Photography Talk > good place to get a showbook made up in NYC?

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I am not a fan of Kinkos. Used to be, but not any more.

Where is a good place to get a couple of 8x10's printed from digital and stuck together as a showbook? Where do the agencies get theirs done?

Jul 03 05 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

Posted by Ched: 
I am not a fan of Kinkos. Used to be, but not any more.

Where is a good place to get a couple of 8x10's printed from digital and stuck together as a showbook? Where do the agencies get theirs done?

I'm not familier with that many agencies doing that any more.  I would think most of them have custom made portfolios with interchangeable pages, but that is my observation. 

If you are looking for bound books from photo-prints, higher end fashion houses use companies like Modern Age to make their look books for a season.  The are fairly pricey.  I know the company my brother designs for went that route a couple seasons and it ended up costing more than $100 per copy (possibly $150), and that was a bulk rate.

Another alternative is book printing thru iPhoto if you have a mac.  You can check out their prices, but I have seen some nice ones made from that service.

Jul 03 05 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Well, I want my work to look like it's from someone already with some connection to the industry.

My primary objective is that I don't want to look like an outsider.

Jul 03 05 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Posted by Ched: 
Well, I want my work to look like it's from someone already with some connection to the industry.

My primary objective is that I don't want to look like an outsider.

you and me both

Jul 03 05 12:03 pm Link