Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > male hair extensions ?

Model

B Charles Johnson

New York, New York, US

I have semi short hair
about 5 inches long in the front and 3 in the back
In about a week I'm supposed to do a photo shoot at the beach with long hair, which I don’t have.
I was wondering what people would recommend?
I've heard that Track extensions work the best that you glue in...but it cant damage my hair too much
they would only need to last about 2-4 weeks

your help would be appreciated

Apr 01 06 10:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

Toms River, New Jersey, US

I don't have much experience with this area, but I'm curious to see what other people come up with. I have a film shoot coming up in about 6 weeks and I'm faced with a similat dillema x7!!! I have 7 male actors all with short hair who need to have really long hair. I've glued in extensions before, but I'd say your hair "as well as the hair of all of my actors) is too short for this. I think you'd see the tracks and it would look un-natural. They wouldn't last as long as you'd need them to last anyway. I finally settled on wigs for all of my actors, but, as I said, I'm very curious to see if anyone comes up with any suggestions for you. Good luck!

If no one comes up with anything, I can give you likns to a butt-load of wig sites that I've researched in my quest for hair.

Apr 01 06 11:32 pm Link

Model

B Charles Johnson

New York, New York, US

oh wow
your work is amazing
thought id tell you that first

yes id like the links
i never thought of a wig, it just has to look extremely real

Apr 01 06 11:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

yah hun i would sudgest a wig check out his&herhair.com ( i think) they have really nice wigs that are in all sorts of shapes and styles, or invest in a good human hair wig. smile good luck....

Apr 01 06 11:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Anatomy FX

Toms River, New Jersey, US

Thanks for the compliments!

Okay...

www.thewigs.com

(I'm getting most of my wigs from the above site -great prices and a wide variety)

www.hisandherhair.com

Those are the two best that I've found. They both have a nice selection of economical synthetics wigs and pricier human hair wigs

Good luck!!!

Apr 02 06 11:45 am Link

Hair Stylist

Emily Chen

Rochester, New York, US

london weatherzale wrote:
I have semi short hair
about 5 inches long in the front and 3 in the back
In about a week I'm supposed to do a photo shoot at the beach with long hair, which I don’t have.
I was wondering what people would recommend?
I've heard that Track extensions work the best that you glue in...but it cant damage my hair too much
they would only need to last about 2-4 weeks

your help would be appreciated

glue in tracks last about 2 shampoos sad . looking at some of your pictures, i would say if you went with extensions, you probably can go no longer than shoulder length, otherwise you may look like you have a mullet. although glue in tracks do not last very long, if they're just for a shoot then that should be perfect. there are so many forms of extensions i really dont feel like explaining all of them. check out the other "extension" threads in the stylist forum. and check with your stylist to see what she would suggest for your hair type.

Apr 02 06 12:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Bree Hair and Make-up

Los Angeles, California, US

I would not suggest extension tracks if your going to do extensions you might as well pay the money and get individual protein bond extensions. This way they look natural not like a mulet and yes your hair is long enough todo the type of extensions I am suggestion. If you go to my website there is a link on the front page I think that has an extension site and you can do alot of research also if you look at the blond in my pictures she has extensions in her hair and has for over a year know so she could help grow out her hair. The extensions will also help your hair grow faster. The damage it causes depends on how well you take care of the hair . If you decide to get it done make sure the person gives you a maintaines kit so you can keep them looking good. I would suggest wearing them about 4 months to get your money's worth and at the same time it will help your hair to grow alot.
Please feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Apr 04 06 10:47 am Link